cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House with Sharat on Marketplace Health & TnS on Sept 13, 4 to 5 pm

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi, this is Sharat Digumarti, Senior Manager - Marketplace Health for eBay India. I am glad to be back with you for an Open house discussion on making eBay your most trusted trading partner. Let me start with a quick update on the events since my last open house discussion.

Updating the Seller Non Performance policy – We recently updated our seller non performance policy to ensure that the sellers who are causing bad buyer experience are warned at an early stage such that they can make relevant changes in their business processes. We also made the SNP calculation for last 90 days so that it will be easier for sellers to resolve such disputes.

Safeguarding Member ids – In January this year, we made some changes to the way member ids were displayed on the bid history page. This helped us protect bidders from fraud second chance offers and other unsolicited mails. We have made some more changes in the process to make it more transparent and fun for other bidders. To see more details , click here

SMS alert for disputes – We will be shortly introducing a cool new feature, Our buyers told us that they were not aware of the dispute process on eBay, and often missed out on buyer protection due to ignorance. Based on this feedback, we started calling out to buyers to explain the complete process. We will be shortly adding another feature in the dispute console. Now you will be able to subscribe for SMS based alerts whenever your trading partner in case of any update in your dispute console.

Shipping Filters – Abnormally high shipping charges are one of the top reasons for bad buyer experience on eBay. To control such instances, we proactively started taking action against listings, which seem to be obviously charging high shipping rates. As a result the number of listings with high shipping charge has reduced significantly, however, in the process; we have unintentionally pulled down some genuine listings as well. We are revaluating the process to ensure that genuine listings do not suffer.

Policy changes for MP3 players and Food – We also made some changes in a couple of policies to make them more user friendly. The MP3 policy was changed to ensure that listings contain only physical memory so that it results in a good experience for buyers. We also updated the food policy to enable sellers to list food related items on eBay.

Most of these changes have been brought along keeping I mind your feedback and better experience. I will be happy to discuss them further with you and listen to more of your suggestions. As I mentioned earlier, I will be present on the Community Boards for an Open House Session on 13th September 2007, 4 – 5 PM. I will encourage you to post your thoughts, comments and suggestion on this thread. I am looking forward towards this meeting and I hope to gather lot of useful feedback from you.

See you on 13th in the discussion!

Regards,

Sharat Digumarti
Senior Manager - Marketplace Health
Regards

Yash
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

esmartonline
Community Member
Dear Sharat ,

We have been associated with ebay for more thatn 3 years ,
we seen the site change from baazee to ebay . I have personally met you at many powerseller meetings at Delhi .

This is regarding my experience with TnS team and SNP policy , on 7th july we receivied a selling restriction notice due to pending complains and was handed over about 100 issues of Neutral , open disputes and negatives to be resolved with the customers .
And were given a period of atleast 30 days to improve the feedback rating significantly . Most of the cases that were handed over to me were already resolved cases but were shown as unresolved in your list , we worked on that list , contacted buyers , asked them to give us an email and confirm that the issue is resolved ,
now approx after 30 days around 8 the August , we had resolved most of the issues and updated the TnS team Accordingly , and the list of pending cases was brought down to 18 from 100 . I was in regular contact with account manager Seema and Ritu Sharma during this period .

But suddenly after 8 th August TnS stopped responding to all the emails sent to them about the resolution of the cases , i contacted Ritu sharma and she said i will receive a reply from them very soon with in next 2 days , i waited , waited and waited for the reply on 15th when no reply ws recieved i contacted account manager again and she told to send the email again to TnS .
Now even after sending 3-5 emails after 15 the August till today 13 the Sep i have not received a direct reply of the current status of the issue .
In the mean time we have worked with the buyers and are left with only 3-5 cases out of those 100 cases given .

After being assocaited with ebay for a long time i never expected this unprofessional behaviour from the TnS Team .
You can check the records of the email sent by us to ebay support in the mail server to confirm the case .

We also received an email from Ebay that our account does not fall in updated SNP policy and the complains are less than 5 percent , so if my account is ok according to the updated policy then why RESTRICTIONS ?

So Sharat pls look into this issue , and update us soon , i have almost lost faith in the ebay system , you have policies that's good , but you yourself dont stick to them .

Regards ,
Nitin
eSmartonline
Message 31 of 41
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi Juspreet,

The suggestion of conducting an Open House Discussion on a weekend is interesting. I am yet to check if the Pinks find it a good idea :).

The reason why we prefer conducting these discussions on weekdays is that most members access eBay from their offices. Weekends might not work out well for them.
Also, the idea of leaving the thread open for at least 7-10 days before the workshop is to ensure that all members can post their question on the thread in advance. They need not be present for the open house discussion.
However, thanks for your suggestion! I shall keep it on my radar and whenever we get an indication that more members are accessing eBay on weekends, we will start conducting the discussions on weekends.

Warm regards,
Sapana
Message 32 of 41
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi niyantsingh,

To get quick help on your PaisaPay querry, you can call them on
1800 22 0288 (BSNL / MTNL subscribers only)
6000 3229

You can also contact Live Chat at the following link - https://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/chat.asp?profile=30&imp_id=203_SellerHP

Regards,
Sapana
Message 33 of 41
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Devesh,

We always believed in community feedback basis which our Policies, Categories & other innovative features are built.

eBay enforces all its policies in letter and spirit. As you are aware we have introduced new attributes for our warranty policy for better enforcement and transparency. Yes there are certain areas where the information / knowledge on the listings is not adequate we rely on the community support to enforce our polices. As a policy we take community reports very seriously and take prompt action

When we launch policies it normally takes time to see the impact on the site as we follow the violation guidelines i.e., educate, warn and then suspend Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 34 of 41
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear esmartonline

Thanks for the post and dont have the details pertaining to your account

Not sure whether you have talked with the people who were assisting you, I will also ask them to contact you Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 35 of 41
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi vinod0123_456,

To make an payment on eBay you can use PaisaPay or any offline mode of payment (checque, DD etc). However, to get more specific answer to your querry, i suggest you speak to Customer Support team on Live Chat -
https://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/chat.asp?profile=30&imp_id=203_SellerHP

Regards,
Sapana
Message 36 of 41
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Devesh

I agree that India is not the same as US or Europe, however the Buyer expectations are higher and cant take the path of saying buyer needs have a lower expectations.

We have to work together in ensure the sellers meet the buyer’s expectations Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 37 of 41
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi cosydoon,

Let me first brief the process of selecting a Member for Member Spotlight.

We normally look at member's past record in terms of sales (in case of sellers) and feedback score before inviting them for participation in Member Spotlight. It is sad that a member who has been spotlighted is following unsatisfactory business practice. However, I am not clear about the member you have mentioned here. May I request you to send an email to me at sapana@ebay.com about the member you are reffering to?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 38 of 41
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Krisshnan

Thanks for your post and your suggestions.

Lot of sellers offer insurance and some don’t and for the specific seller it will not be possible to know what kind of insurance he has. It could be for his entire business and not for the particular transition

Not sure why you would like to see the insurance copy, as the insurance protection is more for the seller to give you a item incase it is lost in transit.

Will keep the suggestion in mind that we may have to work on this policy and at this stage this would not be our priority Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 39 of 41
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear All

I really enjoyed spending the last one hour on the boards and looking forward to interact with you all again after couple of months Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 40 of 41
latest reply