Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Sharat on Customer Support on 2nd Dec, 4–5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
On Sharat's behalf:

Hi, I am Sharat Digumarti and I recently taken up the responsibility of managing Operations and Customer Support for eBay India. I invite you to join me for an Open House discussion on eBay PaisaPay operations and Customer Support.

Over the last one year, we have taken multiple initiatives, to make your eBay expereience a pleasure.

• Revamped Buyer protection program into eBay Guarantee* making it Simpler, faster & convenient for our Buyers to resolve their concerns with their purchases
• Extended Seller Protection policy to protect Sellers interest
• Expanded PaisaPay payment options (Credit cards / Debit cards/ Banks transfers/ Prepaid cards / Cash On delivery), enabling buyers to chose their preferred payment mode to pay for their purchases on eBay
• Expanded from “only email” communication channel to also include Chat as a option for resolving certain TnS related queries
• Launched Max caps for Shipping & handling charges to provide transparency to buyers on the overall cost of the item
• Implemented mandatory 5 star for shipping & handling DSR for free shipping transactions
• Implemented & fine tuned (basis community feedback) INR policy to penalize Sellers who have high INR rates.

Having said the above, I also believe that we still have a long way to go to deliver on the high expectations of our members. On Thursday, Dec 2nd from 4 PM - 5 PM, I shall be available on this thread to hear and understand your requirements such that we can bring further improvements in the Customer Support team and operations process.

Looking forward to meeting you here!

Thanks and Regards,
Sharat Digumarti
Head – Operations & Customer Support
Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear netbizonline

Thanks for bringing to my notice about the dead links. I will get this checked and will get it corrected.

With regards to your query on eBay Guarantee*, during the investigation if we find that both Buyer & Seller are not fault , we do cover both the buyer and seller.

Regards
Sharat
Message 51 of 62
latest reply

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear vsrikantan,

Thanks for your post

I am assuming you have written this to Customer Service and will go through email and take corrective action

Will contact you if I need any clarification

Thanks
Sharat
Message 52 of 62
latest reply

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear neeka_in1

Thanks for your post

It is not possible for any member to know if they have multiple ids, however if such ids are misused with the help of systems and tools we take corrective action against such ids

There are also genuine reasons why sellers have multpile ids , ex - use one specific id for selling in a particular product category

Regarding un paid items, I hope you are trying both auctions and fixed price format. Offering only PaisaPay in fixed price format will eliminate any unpaid items

Thanks
Sharat
Message 53 of 62
latest reply

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Linus Studios

Thank you for the suggestions covering various topics.

Today, people shop online for convenience & deals, if you make the shopping experience cumbersome and time consuming, by asking them to go through various tutorials eBay may turn up being least preferred site.

As mentioned earlier in my thread, we are revamping community court and the community members should hear from us in the next 3-4 weeks

With regards to Daily Deals, I have sent your feedback with the marketing team.

Customer support surveys acts as a critical pulse which provides a window in to how eBay customer support is able to resolve member’s queries hence do keep sharing your feedback through the surveys which will help improve.

Regards
Sharat
Message 54 of 62
latest reply

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear oriflame_in

Thanks for your post.

I suggest you use only PaisaPay and fixed price to avoid any need for following up with buyers for payment

Thanks
Sharat
Message 55 of 62
latest reply

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear nagaprabhu2010,

You might be aware that eBay has VERO program where the Right owners of product register with eBay and report violating listing which the Right owners think are violating their copyright/trademark etc. Post notifications from the right owners, eBay will remove the listings.

Microsoft is an active VERO members and if your items are removed basis their request then you should directly contact them and seek permission.

Regards
Sharat
Message 56 of 62
latest reply

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi eeshanaik,

Thanks for the post and your feedback

As mentioned in my earlier response we have discussed with the reseller and corrective measures have been actioned.

To explain briefly how GEB works:
a.GEB is a platform where items listed on eBay.com are showcased to buyers in India to provide an international shopping experience
b.i2c World is a reseller on Global Easy Buy. Once a buyer places an order on Global Easy Buy, the reseller procures that exact item from the corresponding US Seller and ships it from the US to the buyer in India. i2c World, therefore, does not actually maintain inventory of items showcased on GEB
c.When attempting to procure items from the US Seller, there are instances where it takes longer than expected for the item to arrive from the US Seller to the reseller’s hub in the US leading to a delay in delivering the same to the buyer in India

We are constantly striving to enhance the shopping experience on Global Easy Buy and you should see improvements in the near future.

Regards,
Sharat
Message 57 of 62
latest reply

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear sn-shoppe and other members

In couple of my earlier responses mentioned that offer only PaisaPay in fixed price format would eliminate the need for any follow up for payment.

However there are buyers who prefer cheque/DD payments and reducing the time line further will add friction in the process as the payment sent by the buyer ( ex cheque through courier) would take time to reach the seller

While making a decision to reduce time lines for payment to the sellers we need to keep in mind the interest of all buyers, sellers and whether they are reasonable or not

Regards
Sharat
Message 58 of 62
latest reply

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members

Thanks for all the posts and I truly enjoyed interacting with you all

Looking forward to interact with you all again

Regards
Sharat
Message 59 of 62
latest reply

oriflame_in
Community Member
That is not a solution because I use only and only Paisapay. Ebay needs to tell the buyers how important confirmation is for the sellers.
Message 60 of 62
latest reply