Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Rathin Lahiri, Head of Marketing, 27th Apr 5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Rathin Lahiri, Head of Marketing for an online discussion on marketing initiatives of eBay India. Rathin will update the members on the impact of various marketing initiatives that were undertaken in past 5 months. He will be also happy to answer questions if any.

Rathin will be available on this thread on Friday, the 27th of April, 2007, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by clicking on Post a reply link on top of the thread.

See you on the 27th at 5:00 PM!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Less than 5 mins, still no answer to our concerns...pathetic

-Regards,
pc_gaming_store
Message 51 of 69
latest reply

Less than 3 mins...

Where are you Mr. Rathin?

Come on answer.
Message 52 of 69
latest reply

Sir
Thanks for you replies to my questions.

What I feel ebays pilot with Reliance World gave a host of Bogus Bidders , who placed Bids in hoards, claimed their rewrds from Reliance and never kept their commitments to the eBay sellers.

I hope all mu cosellers would also share the same view.
Rgds
ShashwatG
Message 53 of 69
latest reply

Dear Sir,
I bealive that there is always a Space for Improvement and You are seems to be contend with the Number of Visitors on eBay India Website.
But I bealive we should inroduce more and more methods to pull more visitors as we can not expect every visitors to be a buyers.
I personally when observed that many people do not know about eBay,SO why we do not expand the advertisement from each and every channel possible.

The sellers will be happy as well as Buyers will find the potential of Internet Shopping as items from all over India and World can be bought from the convenience of home/office.

More Visitors = More buyers = More Selling = More Profit.

Please let me know your views.

Thanks,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 54 of 69
latest reply

We are still awaiting a reply.....
Message 55 of 69
latest reply

Waiting............
Message 56 of 69
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi pc_gaming_store,

I think the right answer is that we will prefer to answer your question with some more background data in hand. It will be really unfair to give a genric reply saying we will look into it for a post that you took more than 60 minutes to type.

My colleague is already investing the concerns you have mentioned. We are glad to know the instances when PaisaPay did not serve you to your expectations so that we can plug any possible loopholes.

We have already made a significant improvement in the service levels. for example, whenever a buyer is not available after repeated contact, both buyers and sellers are intimidated of the same. It is less likely that it was a mistake, nevertheless, we will like to throughly investigate the cases before posting a reply.

However, you point is well taken that we need better customer support especially for PaisaPay, since Payments is one of the most sensitive issues for any buyer. We already have some plans on the same. Stay tuned for it.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 57 of 69
latest reply

rathin@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi snrama,

I am glad that you have liked various promotions run on eBay India and the new tools that we have introduced. We will continue to evolve un-conventional methods to reach out to our users. We also measure how each of our promotion performs so we constantly getting better in our marketing efforts .

As I mentioned earlier Couponing is a great idea and I believe it will have a huge impact in making ebay stronger and will be an asset for both buyers ( new and old ) and even sellers . It is in the pipeline and all I can say right now is that it will be here sooner than you think :)
warm regards

Rathin

warm regards

Rathin
Message 58 of 69
latest reply

This query was originally posted on 24-04-07 19:32 IST but we are yet to receive a reply from Mr. Rathin or eBay as a matter of fact

Hi,

We are not sure if you are the person whom this issue should be addressed to but as there is no way for us sellers to contact the higher hierarchy in eBay we are addressing it to you.

Now in the past few weeks we have had a series of High Value PaisaPay Payments made by buyers rejected.

For example PaisaPay ID 19312831473 which was purchased from us by eBay user xxx (undisclosed due to privacy reasons) from us on 6th April, 2007. PaisaPay gave the reason, "Buyer Not Contactable" It must be noted that the rejection came only on 12th April that too only after we emailed PaisaPay asking what had happened to validation process the rejection email came. However buyer was contactable by us and after talking to him he purchased the item again on 19th April, 2007. We asked him to contact PaisaPay and we did the same and finally payment was approved (PaisaPay ID 19380024233) This whole process we had to guide the poor buyer on every step, and both of us had to contact PaisaPay just to try and get a sale. The buyer was nice to purchase again. Had it been us, we would have just bought it from some other site. 20 days to buyer an item? It's downright ridiculous.

We now come to another example. On 18th April PaisaPay ID 19374859003 which was purchased from us by eBay user xxx (undisclosed due to privacy reasons) from us. At 05:05 pm today we received an email saying payment rejected as, "Buyer was not contactable" We immediately called the buyer's mobile number as mentioned on his eBay account, we were able to contact him easily. As the buyer was based in Mumbai, we immediately then called our Key Account Manager at 06:28 pm so that he could dial the number and see for himself that buyer was indeed contactable. Unfortunately nobody was answering the phone on eBay's Toll Free Number. The buyer has just made the payment again for the item and it is being validated (PaisaPay ID 19374859003) We sincerely hope this payment gets through. Another thing to note in this case is that the buyer has contacted PaisaPay earlier but yet payment was rejected.

We can give numerous such examples. PaisaPay ID 19373118763 rejected on 19th April. eBayer purchased from us again after we contacted the eBayer and PaisaPay ID 19382340293 was later accepted.

PaisaPay ID 19327779673 rejected on 16th April reason again buyer not contactable. Once again we could contact buyer and he made payment again via PaisaPay ID 19327779673 which was again rejected citing buyer requested for cancellation. When we contacted him again buyer stated he had not requested for cancellation and now he is too tired to purchase again.

PaisaPay ID 19399280753 rejected on 24th April, 2007 that is today citing buyer requested for cancellation. Buyer informed us he has not requested for cancellation. He made payment again today via PaisaPay ID 19403610753 which has been approved. What's worse this is not even a high value transanction

PaisaPay ID 19322991593 rejected on 13th April, 2007 reason being buyer did not submit verification documents. This is valid. Why this has been brought up is that buyer found the method too cumbersome when we contacted him and hence he has purchased on an alternate site. Once again understandable. We would have done the same and so would the previous examples had we not spent time contacting them and instructing them.

It is clearly evident that the PaisaPay Team is not performing their duty as expected. On this side we are working hard to cope with UPIs', Listing Fees and what not and on the other end eBay is not the least bit bothered in even making sure genuine transactions are successfull. Strangely the above spate of rejections have started only after listing fees have been introduced. Guess now that eBay is earning money anyways on every listing they don't really have to bother about sellers' getting successfull transactions, do they?

Once again we come to the point made by everybody that in today's online world where everybody has instant payment acceptance, we cannot think of one site who has such a cumbersome procedure why is PaisaPay different? And even if it is different atleast be efficient in your task which the above examples clearly point out you are not.

Our unproductive time spent on eBay keeps increasing, unlike our other online listings.

Request you to look into the above matter on the way PaisaPay is working and the trouble buyer's are facing and the trouble we are facing.

Oh and one more example of buyer trouble. Recently you had the great iPod Sale. One of my friends got the SMS (great marketing by eBay kudos to you!)

So anyways she contacted me whether it was safe to buy as she knew I eBayed a lot and I said yes and she went ahead and bought an iPod Video. Now she was asked for the verification documents. Now as a college going student she neither had a fax or a scanner at home. So she contacted me asking what to do next. Now to look at here she contacted me. She did not have a clear email to email PaisaPay as such she was unaware about the Help - Contact Us system which shows that a new eBayer who is very tech savy cannot contact you guys. She would have actually had to spend time searching or wondering what to do next. When she purchased the item there should have been a direct link, such as in case you have any problems please email us at so and so. And she was pissed off by the fact there was no help line number (everybody has one including PayPal) So she came over to my place, we scanned the front and back of the credit card and emailed it.

Now look at the above example. How cumbersome was it? What are the chances that the above buyer is going to return to you again. Had I not been there to help out she would not have submitted the verification documents and payment would have been rejected. Also eBay took the pain of excellent marketing to ignite in her the want of buying an iPod but because she could not complete it her, she would have gone to another site which is currently having a similar sale to purchase the item and continued giving her business there. So at the cost of eBay's marketing somebody else would have got a sale all because of cumbersome and inefficient PaisaPay and for all you know this must be happening. The id of the person for you by the way is xxxxxxxxxxx (exact letters replaced by the x, member since 11-Dec-2005 in AP India)

There is one more major issue I would like to raise. I had tried doing so through my Key Account Manager and he did forward it to the relevant department and nothing came of it. So I would be grateful if a senior eBay representative can contact me.

I have spent 60 mins. framing and typing this message all in the hope some steps shall be taken by eBay cause I have been an avid eBayer since 2000 and it burns me to see the way eBay India is going.

-Regards,
pc_gaming_store
Message 59 of 69
latest reply

Hello,

The least you could have done was acknowledge our message.

Only after continuous bombarding and pushing you against a wall did you in the end choose to acknowledge that we had actually posted something.

Especially since we posted it on 24th.

You clear wanted to steer away from the question Mr. Rathin

Not angry but sad and disappointed.

-Regards,
pc_gaming_store
Message 60 of 69
latest reply