Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager, 12 Jan, 4-5PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Message from Ambareesh...

Hi Everyone

This is Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager of eBay India and I’d like to invite you to an Open House discussion with me on Wednesday, 12th Jan 2011 from 4-5 PM IST.

At the outset I will like to thank all of you for your continued passionate support and in helping us reinforce eBay as India's most preferred online shopping destination. With your support we made tremendous strides in 2010 and continued to deliver on our promise of making lots of safe easy deals available to our buyers. A BIG thanks to our seller community for expanding the available range of products, providing compelling deals and delivering high levels of service to make buying enjoyable on eBay.

1. Our 360 degree marketing campaigns ensured that a lot more users bought for the first time on eBay. 2010 was packed with TV ads, coupons, social media engagement and several high profile charity auctions.

2. The Category Team’s efforts towards ensuring wide spread seller success yielded positive results. More entrepreneurs started successful eBay businesses and existing sellers benefited from increased sales.

3. To enhance our user experience and give buyers more ways to pay, we expanded PaisaPay payment options with more OBT banks, more EMI options and also introduced the PaisaPay COD option.

4. The launch of eBay Guarantee* made it easier, faster and convenient for buyers to resolve their concerns in the off chance that they had a problematic transaction, thereby increasing trust on eBay.

I recognize that there is still lots to be done to deliver a seamless marketplace experience for our buyers and sellers and in 2011 we will continue to provide lots more safe easy deals to buyers to ensure that even more online Indian's try out eBay.

Our community has always been our most vocal supporter and our strongest critic and I look forward to your suggestions for further improving our user experience and answer your eBay related questions during my Open House discussion.

You can post your questions in advance on this thread, or join me live on 12th Jan at 4 PM. See you on the 12th!

Regards
Ambareesh Murty
Country Manager – eBay India
Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

venki.kandula
Community Member
Dear Sir, i buy some items in eBay.co.uk. Paid through Pay pal. That system automatic message shows as Raise the case with in thirty days. How it is possible?. Packing & Handling time is one week & Customs check & all are taking more than 30 Days. This issue is informed to ebay.co.uk. Ebay.uk says to me inform to eBay. in because you are the member in India eBay. I send a message to eBay. in. they are not taking any action & they are not informed to me. Is their any people for see our written complaints or not?. After no response from eBay. in message. I phoned to eBay. in after waiting of 8 minutes on line He simply says that " Pay pal is not related to us. So make a phone call to pay pal USA. )What is the cost for ISD call). Is it answer to customers? I am also working in Multinational Company. As a MNC any complaint is receive from the customer. We have to process internally & result is to be sending for costumer. Am I correct or not sir?

2. When i listed an item for sale. My handling time option is in the list is their. On my listing i clearly mentioned that as 20 Days is my Handling time ( I need more time for packing & forwarding Because this is my part time job. If it is full time job i open a retail shop in my city) Who(Buyer) is ready to wait for 20 Days. they only buy my item. If they are paid through Paisa Pay. Paisa pay is only giving me the time for 7 Days. Otherwise they(Paisa Pay) will be return money to Buyer. Why you are mention Handling time in listing?. Kindly change the paisa pay policy . please solve the problems. Thanks & Regards -Venki
Message 11 of 124
latest reply

mary.mary11
Community Member
hi mice
Message 12 of 124
latest reply

arihant_enterprises
Community Member
it is really a pathetic condition i have seen you have requested the documents for kyc verification

i have duly submitted them on 30th 31st i receive a message saying we are processig and it would be done within 24 hours

then after i wait four days and then on 4th i made a call to customer care and they told me it would be done today itself

but after that on 5th early morning they said it would be done within two hours on 5'o clock they said again within two hours

and after that finally on 7o clock they said sir we have received only half of the documents are you making a fun of me eventhough its your duty to inform us then also we are taking the pain but what happen next you are just making fun of me

i request ebay to kindly approve the kyc i have submitted right now once gain previously also documents are absolutely right

but no way please approve me as my paisapay account has been put on hold

and please stop misguiding the seller say the truth it would really less your burden on customer care

with regards

arihant enterprises
Message 13 of 124
latest reply

buy_berry
Community Member
My account is restricted from October 2010 till now I am not able to relist nor add new items
It was due to some of the un fare feedback from the buyer's like
"Price Too High" (Price of Product Was Rs.150)
"Didn't Like The Look Of The Product" (What Can We Do)
"Shipping Too Late" (Product was delivered within 72hrs from the date of purchase how much fast they want)

But on 20th December I receive mail from "MC008 SNPCD NOTICE: Restricted Account Reinstatement- buy_berry "
And email gose like this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello buy_berry (mobi_buy@yahoo.com)

Upon reviewing your recent account history we have noted significant improvements in your buyer satisfaction. As a resultwe have reinstated all buying and selling privileges. Please note thatal though your account is now active any listings or bids that were cancelled by your account restriction will not be reinstated.

*Please do not reply to this email. If you have any additional questions billing inquiries or concerns pertaining to the status of another account you own please visit the eBay Help system for information and access to assistance from eBay Customer Support. You can visit our Help system by clicking on the 'Help' button at the top of every eBay page or at the following Web address:
http://pages.ebay.in/help/

For questions or further information about eBay policyplease visit our Policies section of Help at the following Web address:

http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/

We hope that your future experiences on eBay are pleasant and successful.

RegardseBay Trust and Safety

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still my account has not been activated

You can review my feedback I was making a good progress In just less then a year and from the past 2 months its like I am unemployed..
Its getting me very hard for me to pay to my suppler, my stock valuation is going down day by day.

I requested to review the matter and solve it as soon as possible..

RegardsAasif Mansoori
(buy_berry)
Message 14 of 124
latest reply

misys12
Community Member
My claim 38693 is pending from past 1 month now, ebay claims they will resolve the issue or reimburse the money within 20days, ebay seem to be fooling people.
customer care is wrost which i have ever seen in my life, the Claim adjuster Mr.Sachin is another fraud person like seller i dealt with, im trying to reach him every day but no response from customer care they keep saying they will arrange the call back which never happened till now.

I have shipped the fake item back to seller as advised by Sachin calim adjuster, Sachin also promised that once i send the item back and provide the shipping deatils he will approve my reimbursement immediately, i have provided all the relevent documents for reimbursement but till now no response, if i dont get any response about my claim within 24hrs i will go to consumer court and sue ebay for all the trouble caused and make them compensate.

EBAY HAVE SOME ETHICS AND PRINCIPLES, ADHERE TO WHAT YOU SAY.
Message 15 of 124
latest reply

arabhilash
Community Member
Hi,
This is in reference with my Querry No:492416 registered in Ebay sustomer support.
I hae made a purchase w.r.t Paisapay id 27705980474 on 13.10.2010. At that period of time there was a gift of a pendrive promised by Ebay. But I am sorry to say taht I havent received the gift even after 3 months.When I contacted customer care ,I got the reply that they will
check the status and will revert ASAP.But I havent received any update from your side till now.
Similar issue happened to me during the last offer period aslo.I request you to update the status ASAP.

Regards
Abhilash AR
Message 16 of 124
latest reply

To Mr. Ambareesh Murty,
Sir,
What ebay has achieved in 2010 is phenomenal.
At the same time, what I achieved is also phenomenal( this is not reflected in my FB, but DSR shows it all).
I have only one suggestion to make: Please increase strength of Accounts Deptt.
That way the good lady like Rupali of CS and young energetic a/c manager like Amol are able to serve better.
Forgive me if I am wrong.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 17 of 124
latest reply

games.planet
Community Member
Dear Mr Ambareesh Murty ,

I am a seller on eBay with more then 15K+ Feedback, my account was restricted for selling on 7th December due to low DSR. Its been almost 1 month and I have send several mails to inrswebhelp@ebay.com and I don't get any reply from them. Also I wanted to tell that after sending each and every delivery to the International buyer they claim that they didn't get the item and hence they open the dispute on eBay and PayPal and hence low DSR. We send all our orders through Registered Indian Post which is not trackable and amount wise good for us. If we send the order through some courier like DHL, Fed-ex etc then it won't be better for us amount wise too high and the courier cost will be more then the order itself. So please let us know what are possibilities to this and I am not only the seller suffering this but there are many sellers like me have stuck into this.
Message 18 of 124
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ singh.manas

Please call eBay on 1800 209 3229 and register a case in eBay Guarantee program and follow the instructions support staff will give you. They are very polite and helpful. You will surely get your money back.

Message 19 of 124
latest reply

arabian_cowboy
Community Member
Hi linusstudios,

I have raised the claim but really very worried about my money. Whether i will get my money or not. What happens if the seller refuses to pay. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Amit
Message 20 of 124
latest reply