Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager, 12 Jan, 4-5PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Message from Ambareesh...

Hi Everyone

This is Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager of eBay India and I’d like to invite you to an Open House discussion with me on Wednesday, 12th Jan 2011 from 4-5 PM IST.

At the outset I will like to thank all of you for your continued passionate support and in helping us reinforce eBay as India's most preferred online shopping destination. With your support we made tremendous strides in 2010 and continued to deliver on our promise of making lots of safe easy deals available to our buyers. A BIG thanks to our seller community for expanding the available range of products, providing compelling deals and delivering high levels of service to make buying enjoyable on eBay.

1. Our 360 degree marketing campaigns ensured that a lot more users bought for the first time on eBay. 2010 was packed with TV ads, coupons, social media engagement and several high profile charity auctions.

2. The Category Team’s efforts towards ensuring wide spread seller success yielded positive results. More entrepreneurs started successful eBay businesses and existing sellers benefited from increased sales.

3. To enhance our user experience and give buyers more ways to pay, we expanded PaisaPay payment options with more OBT banks, more EMI options and also introduced the PaisaPay COD option.

4. The launch of eBay Guarantee* made it easier, faster and convenient for buyers to resolve their concerns in the off chance that they had a problematic transaction, thereby increasing trust on eBay.

I recognize that there is still lots to be done to deliver a seamless marketplace experience for our buyers and sellers and in 2011 we will continue to provide lots more safe easy deals to buyers to ensure that even more online Indian's try out eBay.

Our community has always been our most vocal supporter and our strongest critic and I look forward to your suggestions for further improving our user experience and answer your eBay related questions during my Open House discussion.

You can post your questions in advance on this thread, or join me live on 12th Jan at 4 PM. See you on the 12th!

Regards
Ambareesh Murty
Country Manager – eBay India
Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

omerta225
Community Member
Good day Mr.Ambareesh,
The customer care is pathetic. I have an issue for the past two months on coupon code yet it has not been resolved. I have already spoke thrice on the issue. Always they tell me it would be resolved by monday. We will call back .etc.

Again there was a coupon issue on the Dec. Chatted online, called again on 23rd, 28th. Dec. Again 6th Jan.The supervisor Rahul was to call back yesterday .Still yet have not received the call on the issue. Two issues pending.

Sorry to say,very very bad customer care dept.Never keep the words to resolve the issue in the time frame,nor call back as promised.

Hope you take adequate steps to ensure this does not repeat again.Thank you
Message 31 of 124
latest reply

eazyshoppe
Community Member
What has happened to eBay logistic. Will it ever come. You had committed April 2010.
Message 32 of 124
latest reply

ruptapash23
Community Member
Service from seller is good,but ebay customer care itself is very very poor.I have issues on ebay edge program.I have registered with ebay edge after about a month of my eligibility and application,with numerous time follow up through online chat & mail.And after successful registration with ebay,now I still to receive ebay edge points of about six transactions since 6th December,2010,about 130 points.I have contacted customer support through mail & chat several times,but no result till date.WHY EBAY LAUNCHES SUCH KIND OF PROGRAM WHICH THEY CANNOT MAINTAIN ???
Message 33 of 124
latest reply

hanumanthaiah
Community Member
hi mr.murthy,
pls let me know how able to sell these porducts all cheep rate. s wheather it is fack or damaged products. ie ebay offering rolex and taghuger watches at rs.3000/appx who it possible? wheather t
Message 34 of 124
latest reply

arabian_cowboy
Community Member
HI linusstudios,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have raised the claim and also spoken to the customer service. They always say that it will take time. From 7-20 days. Is that true?

Thanks,
Amit Bedi
Message 35 of 124
latest reply

Well i just want to add that you people should allow used and refurbished item on GEB prices of these are really less on ebay.com ,you can have diff return and other policies on used/refurb item..the fact is people will buy what they have to buy i have used third service to buy used/refurb items from ebay.com,it will be more easy to buy from geb though....
Message 36 of 124
latest reply

rahul_7777
Community Member
As a seller i think customer care never replies to a seller but if you ask any question as a buyer you get answer very fast i complained against a buyer who first purchased a headphones worth rs 850 then raised a claim & got refund but he sent me back only the box & not the headphones inside it i contacted ebay but got no reply how can we sell if such is the condition for sellers.
Message 37 of 124
latest reply

shubhamleekha
Community Member
claim adjusting procedure is fake on ebay . here claim adjusters just assumes that who is the correct person whether seller or buyer . they simply solves their burden without even calling the buyer or the seller .....
Message 38 of 124
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ singh.manas

Sometime it may take that much time. But eventually you will get your money back, Please do keep following up with CSR's.

Message 39 of 124
latest reply

mac302i
Community Member
eBay is promoting smuggled goods. Most of the Apple products were found on eBay India even before they are officially launched in India. Similarly other branded telecom equipments.

As most sellers don't provide a tax invoice, you guys are knowingly or unknowingly promoting black money.

Though I've had many good experiences in eBay, I find eBay something like Burma Bazaar, Ritchie street, SP Road, Nehru Place etc.

Make tax invoice mandatory.
Message 40 of 124
latest reply