Online Workshop with Category Managers

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi everyone,

In our conscious effort to understand the business needs of our community members at eBay, my colleagues Rajasekaran & Navin have taken on new roles to build and grow Technology & Lifestyle categories & they are really looking forward to address the various challenges and to grow the overall business in these respective categories. We understand that there are a lot of areas where our sellers might seek guidance/insights and hence they would like to synergize our knowledge on business data trends with your expertise knowledge of the market.

It is very important that we understand your views and expectations from them while they move forward in their new roles. Raj will be here for an hour from 4 – 5 PM on Tuesday, 6th May to answer your questions regarding Selling in Technology categories* and Navin will be here for an hour from 4 – 5 PM on Wednesday, 7th May to answer your questions regarding Selling in Lifestyle categories*.

Please feel free to ask any questions regarding selling on eBay. Click on Post a reply link to post a message or ask a question.

See you on –

Tuesday, 6th May, 4 – 5 PM with Raj for Technology Categories
&
Wednesday, 7th May, 4 – 5 PM with Navin for Lifestyle Categories

Regards,

P.S.
*Technology Categories – Cameras & Optics, Computers & Peripherals, Consumer Electronics, Mobiles & Accessories, Video & Computer Games.
Lifestyle categories – Apparels & Accessories, Books & Magazines, Fitness & Sports, Health & Beauty, Home, Decor & Furnishings, Jewellery, Kitchen & Home Appliances, Musical Instruments, Tools & Hardware, Toys, Games & Baby, Watches, Everything Else.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

mumbaistores
Community Member
Thank you ebay for such a nice platform. Here is my concern in technology category since i sell in those categories only.

The 8% and above total ebay fees is making difficult for us to sell technology related items on ebay compared to retail market place. Hence i believe the offer to waive of FVF was really a saving grace though it was limited to branded products only.

Csn Ebsy do something about it to ensure we are competitive with the brick and mortar markets?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Raj & Navin,

It's great to see you here with such an initiative.

BRANDS play an important role in building up the Market Place.

Also, I am aware that our Country Head Mr. Ambareesh Murty is quite inclined towards promoting Brands.

But .... unfortunately .... regular promotion of Brands have taken a back seat and the stress is more on weekly Mega Promotions with lowest quote.

Such Promotions .... I feel .... may help only in short term gains .... and can never build up a strong Base for the Market Place.

Few Sellers with specific products which can generate higher volumes may only benefit out of such promotions.

I strongly feel that .... nothing has been done so far to promote Brands on a regular basis.

Although one initiative ..... BRAND STREET .... which there for sometime has now been removed from the Home Page since many months.

Would like to know if you have any Plan to promote BRANDS on a regular basis. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi,
1.I was just thinking if you possibly could separate coins and stamps into 2 categories philateley and numismatics.
Because they got nothing to do with each other.
In the whole history of numismatics the word post appears only once in Patnapost coin. Thats all. That is not a link but rather an aberration.
2.Please introduce a category for papers in hobbies and collectibles. May be you can subcategorise as = pre 19th century, 19th century, pre independence ,post independence etc. Present listings of stamp papers can nicely fit into them because they got nothing to do with stamps, but sellers list them as stamps because there is no category really for them.
These will be buyer friendly changes. Less boring and easy to browse.
Your present category of study notes is too much vague.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Members,

I'm locking this thread as we have started two different discussion threads for Online Workshops with Raj & Navin.

We request you to kindly paste your messages on the appropriate threads.

To post your message on Raj's Online Workshop please click here.

To post your message on Navin's Online Workshop please click here..

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 5 of 5
latest reply