cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NEW EMS SPEED POST RATES >>> Difficult Time for Exporters Ahead

cosycom
Community Member
Dear all , EMS speed post charges have been revised by appx 1.5 times w.e.f. from 15th Jan 2011 for almost all countries . http://www.indiapost.gov.in/SPInternationalTariff.html

This is going to adversely effect sales of all international sellers . I request eBay to immediately consider to lower the Final value fee for International sales & provide more export promotion offers to help us face this sudden burden.

regards

Narinder
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

cosycom
Community Member
Hi, EMS speed post tariff link provided by me is correct ..... I can easily open the India post website here. perhaps there is some browser or server problem at your location .

I recommend all international sellers to immediately revise their listings to avoid any losses in ignorance of new tarrif.

New speed post tariff is seriously effecting our international sales since most of our items weigh more than 3 kg. Each 3 kg shipment for USA cost me Rs.800/- extra than earlier . It is difficult to explain & convince International customers for such high shipping charges.

Request eBay.in again to reduce Final Value fee for technology items so that we can sell our products at competent prices .

regards

Narinder
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Hello,
Narinder ji,the link working perfectly.

I was too shocked to see the new EMS tariff and I am also worried as international buyer may not like to pay such high shipping charges.

PayPal new changes was already a metter of serious concern and now this hike in EMS-Charges.

Must say,Hard time for International Sellers.

BTW anyone any idea why India Post need to increase the prices so much? Will increasing prices will improve their services?Well India Is GREAT !

eBay must help and guide us. Lowering FVF is good option or else make ILF cheaper or make it flat monthly charges.

Any way,Hope to get some input from eBay and other eBay members.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal
Shree_Krishna_Gems

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Hi Narinder,
I saw the rates today. Only Iraq, Nepal, Vietnam and the Peoples Republic of China and Macao are cheaper. Rest are very high.
US is 540+taxes.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Dear Amitva da , some of the comparative changes in new EMS rates are given below for small parcels of upto 250 gms:-

USA : 475/596
Canada : 475/982
Australia : 475/673
UK : 725/925
Germany : 725/944
Spain : 725/778
Malayasia : 475/949
Singapore : 475/546

Now it is very difficult to make changes in ebay listings for offering postage for diffrent countries since now EMS has diffrent rates for each & every country. earlier it was easy for us to quote same rate for both USA & canada , similarly all europe was at same and all Asian countries were at same rates .

regards

Narinder
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Hi Narinder,
I agree with Deep ji that we are in trouble.
Ebay will try to sort out PayPal/RBI issue.
But this issue we got to sort out. Dont know how to. Domestic rates are still okay, no change. But I dont believe this government.
God knows what days are coming.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 15 of 25
latest reply

Hi Narinder,

Thank you for posting this valuable information. Zor ka jhatka zoron se laga. RBI and EMS of India Post will ruin the business of international sellers.

Hope everything will be fine in coming couple of months.

Regards,

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Hi all,

To calculate the Speed Post (EMS) rates for international destinations including taxes please log on to http://www.indiapost.gov.in/EMS/SP_Int.aspx

Regards,

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Hi All,
The Post Office is not accepting Speed Post parcels since 1 week for shipping abroad in hyderabad. Is it the same case in other cities?

Regards,
Sunil.
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

hansrajchopra
Community Member
@ boomboxindia

Yes, same here.

thanks
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

pymobile
Community Member
why to try speedpost or send by speedpost as they are the indian theives.
Message 20 of 25
latest reply