cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My thethirdi ID Has Been Suspended ! This is ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!

litchi_in1
Community Member
Dear Community

I am Abhishek Agarwal, ebay ID thethirdi.

I would like to warn all Super Sellers to be aware of whats going on here...

As you must be knowing, we sell some really good and novel cigarette lighters. Some of our lighters are in the shape of small guns ( small enough to fit in the palm of your hand ).

Ebay International has SUSPENDED our account for a period of 30 Days for selling Firearms ! Can you imagine that ?? On explaining them that this is not a Firearm, but its a small lighter in the shape of a gun, they refuse to listen and say that the lightes may not be firearms, but it might be mistaken for a gun. Hence, from 24th April, they have suspended my account...for a period of 30 days.

I am unable to log on to MyEbay, cannot give any UPI warnings, cannot give, receive ratings, cannot answer questions, all my listings have been deleted...

Not just that, they have mentioned several other items as being in violation of their policies. One item is COPPER JUG, which is nothing but a jug to store water. Drinking water from a copper jug is good for health because it has got copper. This particular item is in violation of Medical Devices Policy.

Spy Camera is in violation of Surveillance Equipment Policy. According to this policy any surveillance item is banned from the site. But surprisingly, we have a category called Spy Cameras....if this item violates their policy, please tell me what is this category for ?? To sit there and lay eggs ???

Ab-slimmer is in violation of Prescription Drugs and Devices Policy.

We are feeling so helpless because they are not willing to listen to us, and not even trying to understand what we are saying.

On searching for the above listings on www.ebay.com, we get hundreds and hundreds of active listings. These listings are from sellers with more than 20,000 and 30,000 ratings. When these people sell such items, arent THEY violating the policies ???

This post is just to make all of you aware of the possibility of your ID also being suspended because of some weird eBay Policy. Items that you think can in no way violate anything, might suddenly pop up as a Prohibited item and you can be suspended.

We have been a very reputed seller on Baazee and our Suspension is an insult to our reputation.

Request eBay.in to kindly do something about it because talking to Ebay international is as good as beating your head against a wall.

An anguished seller
Abhishek Agarwal
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

shivams-dot-com
Community Member
One of my friends account is blocked/suspended by eBay India without giving them a chance to rectify the violation (which incidentally was made in error - we all make mistakes). Now eBay India wants my friend to send a copy of the passport and a copy of the driving licence. How IDIOTIC & STUPID of eBay India to presume that just because people are using a computer in India & eBay.in site to buy & sell - they would all have A PASSPORT OR A DRIVING LICENCE. Which stupid person sitting in his/her plush office has thought about this RIDICULOUS REQUIREMENT?

All the support staff can do is send out standardised eBay India responses without resolving any issues. My friend cannot even access the community forums to raise these concerns. COME ON EBAY INDIA - WAKE UP OR YOU'LL LOSE YOUR $50 MILLION DOLLAR PURCHASE OF BAAZEE.COM so all these various issues can be discussed OPENLY by everyone.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

skyshopindia
Community Member
Abhisekh don't worry, so many sellers will join your club i.e. E-bay Suspension Club

Hope e-bay.in will explain how an item e.g. which is being sold in Parliament house is illegal in E-bay India.

This is a real fact.

My bother-in-law who is working in CRPF and presently is on duty in Parliament house has send me an AB Slimmer (as gift) purchased near the Parliament House.

He don't know this item is illegal as per E-BAY INDIA. I'll definitely inform him, he may earn some money as bribe from the selling of such ??illegal?? ??item??

Unfortunately this item is legal in E-bay's other site also.

AB Slimmer is just an example, there are so many item which are being deleted by the GREAT EBAY INDIA even they are suspended sellers account by 30 days (thethirdi has been suspended by e-aby for selling AB Slimmer, Cigarete Lighter, Jug, Security Camera etc.)

I'm also selling AB Slimmer, Security Camera etc like item. So I'm also afraid of suspension of my a/c.

Regards
Achintya
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

imnalkr
Community Member
Ebay disabled my Internet banking id... Shit Ebay.in
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

To ebay staff, kind request to please lock old posts, new people are posting on 5 year old topics and that too irrelevant matter.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

c153niyam
Community Member
why these posts from 2005 are showing??? these are old old posts man! its 2010 now !!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply