MRP Rs.60 sold at Rs.99 ! ! !

subhonet
Community Member
I have bought two Sugandhim product (8 ml perfume pack) on 15.7.12 which was delivered beyond due date. But what is astonishing that the products are sold at Rs.99 each when the price over the pack clearly written Rs.60 inclusive of all taxes. This practice should not be encouraged by eBay. No product can be sold over MRP. I therefore would request to refund the excess price charged on MRP.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

spl_ind
Community Member
On eBay India, not everyone is a professional seller. Some are just unemployed and looking for alternate ways to make money. Many sellers purchase items at retail price from local shops and sell at a higher price. Since they do not purchase their items from dealers, they cannot sell it to you at MRP.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Dear Subhonet,
You should have checked the price before buying the product and check for the feedback before buying,I hope you will do it next time,bye:-)
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

paisa.save
Community Member
if you send any item to any one then it will cost minimum rs 40/-. then how it possible take rs 60/- for send it. it is not big deal. at the last you get correct product what you see in the listing. some item not available all over the world so we can find it on internet. if you need the product then you buy it in any cost.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

aquariumonline
Community Member
I'm feel sorry for subhonet. To sell the product for 100 rs. seller have to give from his pocket Rs. 2 for insertion fee and final value fee of Rs. 5+ excluding taxes + postal charges of minimum Rs. 25 + packing charges.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

AGREE:-x
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

If the shipping was free,then the seller must have taken the shipping charges in the extra rs 39 he took for the product.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

bestqualityzone
Community Member
TOTALLY AGREE TO SPL_IND
ANYWAYS ALWAYS SEARCH SIMILAR ITEMS B4 BUYING
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

graphitindia
Community Member
Sir, you must understand what all included (expenses/risk of seller) in selling online:-

1) Time;
2) Efforts;
3) Money (risk investment);
4) Listing Fee;
5) PaisaPay Fee;
6) Sales Tax;
7) Packing Charges;
8) Shipping Charges;
9) Profit;
10) May be few more I missed out.

As per your statement if buyer must sell Rs. 60/- (MRP) item in same price then he must get the item in maximum Rs. 15/- (60(MRP) - 45(Minimum Expenses+Profit) = 15). Sir can you state any one item selling in any market @Rs. 60 and comes in just Rs. 15/- except Medicine and illegal stuff. Rightly stated above by paisa.save that this is more important that you get correct product then anything else. Beside this if you compare price you pay for the same product buying from local market you will find it's much cheep to pay Rs. 39 instead of buying products from local market. Here are few facts:-

1) Cost of Going to market;
2) Parking FEE;
3) Buy many useless items (Temptation);
4) Minimum 1 hour of your valuable time;
5) Recommendations from Shopkeeper to buy items of his interest/stock instead of your;
6) No or minimum information regarding products;
7) No security & after sale support for most of the products;
8) Cost of coming back to Home;
9) May be few more I missed out.

Profit of Buying online (eBay):-

1) No Cost of Going to market but internet and this is also almost free as we need it even otherwise;
2) No Parking FEE but very less Electricity fee;
3) No useless buy;
4) 24 Hour Open Shop, Hence, you may buy at your ease;
5) You may buy what you need;
6) Maximum information regarding products;
7) Almost 100% security & after sale support for all the products;
8) No Extra Cost of coming back to Home;
9) May be few more I missed out.

Sir, I am sure after going through above facts you will support, understand and appreciate good seller's efforts.

- Peace
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

MRP means, Maximum Retail Price and no person call sell beyond that. He can be legally wrong. He sould have added shipping cost.

I think we should post complain about this and ebay in http://www.jagograhakjago.in/

Message 10 of 12
latest reply