cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is Selling on eBay still a viable business option ?

Hi,

eBay is a great site & I enjoy selling on eBay. I am in it for money, fun & Excitement. But over the past few months the frequent chargebacks from eBay are forcing me to re-consider my business strategy of selling on eBay.

22961014980 - Rs. 10,171.35
23022257533 - Rs. 6,192.13
22794066640 - Rs. 2,378.09
22590376101 - Rs. 524.33
23819197570 - Rs. 2,865.17
23892042350 - Rs. 1,518.54
23937059072 - Rs. 14,806.58

Total = Rs. 38456.19

This is not a small amount to loose in less than 6 months. The worst part is that no one at ebay cares or responds or reverses any of these chargebacks. I have sent numerous emails to ebay providing them POD's but they do not reverse any of these charges. Everytime I send a mail I get the acknowledgment mail but no one responds to the query.

I know I am not the only one on eBay who is affected by the extremely poor service from eBay PaisaPay department. It seems that people at that department do not know how to work or there is a drastic policy revision required.

My question to eBay is that why do you force sellers to use PaisaPay when you cannot manage it well. I am sure sellers would be glad to pay you the paisapay fee without actually using that service. So your revenue stays intact & the sellers can also survive.

It will be great if someone at eBay wakes up & looks into the above chargebacks for which I have already sent documents.

Wake up before you loose your good sellers to competition.

Thanks
Super.Shopper.24x7
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

spl_ind
Community Member
Yes! It is indeed a very big loss.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

jaipur_mart
Community Member
:O:O
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Still no reply or post from eBay

:-(
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Very sad.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Hi all !:)

i have submitted documents regarding chargeback for the paisapay id : PAISAPAY ID 23861152462 on 23 April 2009 and for PaisaPay ids :23771615722 & 23775784984 on dated 26 April 2009. Till now no Amount hasbeen credited to my account and no reply from Ebay.

But a New Chargeback hasbeen Gifted to me Today for PAISAPAY ID :23888417132.stating the reason " No Cardholder Authorization"

the buyer's id is : mdzaheer83_123

this kind of chargeback are the huge loss to all sellers at Ebay India.

then what kind of verification from ebay is doing, when a buyer making payment through Credit card and after a couple of months the sellers account is Debited saying "CHARGEBACK RECOVERED"

: - can anybody from ebay plz what is the actual time
period for chargeback amount to revert ?

: - is There any solution for this ?

: - shouldn't be there a option to avoid payments
through credit cards ?

"or"

should we stop selling online ?

Regards,

Joge k.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Still no reply from eBay. They keep saying that they have not received the email. How silly is this excuse. Everytime I send the mail I get an acknowledgment mail from eBay. If you are not receiving my email then how are you sending the ack. mail.

Fix your communication system. It is your problem & not ours. This unfair business practice by eBay. I have researched a bit & now am going to approach the eBay corporate office against the unacceptable behavior from the chargeback team in India. X-(
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I have sent 6 emails to PaisaPay & every time they say that they have not received any email from me. I even get the automated acknowledgment from the PaisaPay Id about the email receipt.

This is highly unfair on part of eBay ??
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I received 2 more chargebacks last night. One is from mdzaheer83_123

This is insane. The previous chargebacks disputes have not been resolved by eBay & now there are 2 more to deal with. Can someone at eBay look at our chargebacks. We have sent the POD & yet there is no action.

Thanks
Poonam (Super.Shopper.24x7)
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi super.shopper.24x7,

Its very sad to hear that you are getting a lot of chargebacks.

Indraneel, Please respond to this thread. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 10 of 14
latest reply