cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HAS THE REMOVAL OF LISTING UPGRADES REALLY BEEN BENEFICIAL????

crack-deals
Community Member
Has the removal of listing updates really been beneficial to the sellers??

By removing the Border, Bold, Featured Plus, Gallery Featured, Highlight and Pro Pack the business for the sellers have been affected in a negative way.

Before the removal of the features the buyers also got a guidance on buying as many products were promoted in a unique way and they stood out amongst the others.

Also it was beneficial to ebay.in according to their sales point of view and also many upcoming sellers could use these features to boost their businesses.

As per the buyer's point of view it never harmed them visually and it was a treat for the buyers to find out the highlighted listings and get the best offers which also saved them a lot of money.

I would appreciate if many sellers post their point of view for the same so that ebay.in can once again review on their decision of removal of listing upgrades and can come up with some similar features by which a seller can uniquely list / display their products as compared to other sellers.
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

crack-deals
Community Member
I think listing upgrades should come back for good
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

click4all
Community Member
yes i have a friend who is power seller and he confirms that his sales reduced by 75% now and believe me ebay is the primary life line for him.his family depends on him and he depends on ebay . those features were really beneficial for many of seller like him and was a treat to eyes as well as providing finacial income to ebay.
don't understand the reason behind it but ebay should have a look back if there is a revenue loss.if sellers will get less sale probably every one know what happens and market competiion is already way too high.

and if any other seller feel the same pain share with us.
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

This removal has affected business badly.

Ebay needs to change a lot of things.

Paying 299 to list the item on index page.. only to see that section at the bottom of the page and then hundreds of other item in that list.. this is not at all useful.

Removing promotions has reduced my shipment by 80%. Even after reducing the price of the item the stock is still there.

I hope things change. Charges are too high and also getting buyers attention has been made difficult.
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

crack-deals
Community Member
I truly feel ebay should bring back the features for good. Also many sellers have been loyal to ebay and its the only source of income for them to run their family. If things dont get reversed back then I guess many sellers will start switching over to other sites.

I request all the sellers to please share their pain so that ebay can look into this thread and implement the needful positive changes asap.
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Yes it will helpful to sellers. But little bit hard to learn to buyers as they are familiar with old system of eBay. Hope with this new change they will become familiar.

Thanks
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

crack-deals
Community Member
Ebay earns and runs due to the sellers and sellers earn and run due to ebay. Its a cycle and this new policy is interrupting the entire process.

Its surprising that none of the ebay staff has still replied to this thread.
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

crack-deals
Community Member
Paying 299 to list the item on index page.. only to see that section at the bottom of the page and then hundreds of other item in that list.. this is not at all useful.

Many buyers are in a hurry and hence they are not going to see that section. Instead the pro-pack feature was 100 times more helpful as the buyers can directly see the premium listing and decide accordingly.
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

crack-deals
Community Member
EBAY.IN PEOPLE PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Yes It may affect for those who using features but many seller Item not able to sell there product bcoz something is highlighted then people naturally see that and make purchase without checking other even if it cost less then highlighted one. So I think this is in the benifited for the buyer that they see unform listing and then decide what to purchase. My selling doesn't affect with removal of this listing upgrades.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply