cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun Stuff Category turns Fun Into a Nightmare for me!!!

creative_pursuits
Community Member
I was quite enjoying the introduction of the fun stuff category and thinking of creative ideas to be a part of the Fun...However,this morning when i got a mail from ebay that my listing was removed and that i had violated ebay policy...all the Fun turned into a nightmare.

I have been sent a notice saying that if i list similar listings again on the site, selling privileges cud be suspended! The reason for the removal was that there was no item for sale!!!However,as per the guidelines of the fun stuff category,it was not necessary to sell an item....it cud also be a listing (funny or weird)which brought smile to the reader's face...!!!Moreover i have not charged any amount for it.I had to enter 0.01 in the buy it now price only because ebay does not accept 0.00.

so the whole intention was pure Fun...donno why i am being penalised like this.I request ebay to kindly look into this matter and make appropriate changes in the Policy related to The Fun Stuff Category.

Regards
Mala
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

techniwas
Community Member
I already have my hands burnt over this issue, i would rather stay away form such promotions that can cost us our PRECIOUS eBAY SELLING ID

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600002160

Regards

TechiE
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi creative_pursuits,

I am sorry to hear this. While I cannot immediately comment on this topic, I will speak to the tam to understand the reasons and ensure that our members are well aware of any possible policy in the category.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Mala,

I have already mentioned in my other post that ebay has given an incorrect example ....

"member who wanted to sell advertising space on his forehead"

Hope ebay clarifies whether these innovative ideas .... where there are no physical / electronic deliveries ..... can be sold on ebay or not.

ebay must do the Home work well before announcing any innovative idea ..... so that Community Members don't have to spend sleepless nights for no faults of theirs. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

creative_pursuits
Community Member
Hi Umangji...

Yes u r right...i saw ur comments on the other thread.Ebay has once again put up the guidelines for selling on the other thread..but i dont see any change in it.

All i can do now is stay away from such promotions.

Hi Techniwas

I feel really sorry for u as i can understand how u might be feeling.

Hope ebay clarifies to us as to what went wrong and how our listings are not as per the policy .

Regards
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

topaz@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Techniwas, Creative_Pursuits, Indconcepts

I have clarified on the AB Post thread today that all listings in the fun category need to have a minimum starting price of Rs. 0.99 or above. The selling guidelines will be updated later tonight to reflect this.

Reference PaisaPay as a payment method for humourous listings, a couple of things to keep in mind. If the item is intangible or there is no physical / electronic deliveries (for eg. "ad on forehead", "Pothole in Mumbai"), it will be very important to explicitly state this for the buyer's benefit in the listing.

If the buyer does go ahead and buy the listing and chooses PaisaPay as a payment method, you as a seller should update in My PaisaPay under shipping details,"Fun Category listings, no physical delivery" and then contact your buyer to Confirm Receipt.

This is a new category and very different from the other eBay categories where standard consumer products are listed. Hence, we may experience some teething troubles as we work through bringing this to the Commununity of buyers, sellers and visitors.

I would request for your support and patience. Feel free to share your feedback on the AB Post thread.http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600002160

cheers

Deepa Thomas

topaz@ebay.com

topaz@ebay.com
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

cochinmall
Community Member
LISTING REMOVED!!!

Dear Deepa,

I am really excited to be a part of selling in the fun category listing.I still dont know why there is a huge difference in the department of the trust and safety and the fun category.I listed an item and it was removed in the morning.The formal email from ebay is as follows:-

Hello cochinmall (ebayseller_rahul@yahoo.co.in),

We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following Multiple Item Auction listing
(s):

320198835230 - Brand New Air Guitar for Sale+Warranty after Death Too!

However, your listing was in violation of eBay's No Item policy and has been removed from eBay. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled. We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your listing is not permitted.

Your listing(s) contains the following information:

Brand New Air Guitar for Sale+Warranty after Death Too!

Listings not offering an item or service for sale are not permitted on eBay. Listings that do not offer an item clutter the site making it harder for buyers to find and sellers to sell items. Furthermore, these listings undermine trust in the eBay marketplace.

I listed this item after going through the FAQ's or the guidelines especially the following question(go through the sentence in the bold lettering):-

Will the buyer pay for the item?

Definitely! All the items in this category are for sale. Sellers are responsible for ensuring that the item they list can actually be delivered or owned by the buyers. In case this is a humorous or witty item such as "Plot for sale on the Dark Side of the Moon", sellers are encouraged to specify it in the listings .

Now,how can one sell land on the moon when it cannot be physically acquired!!! I think the team hasnt done the homework before removing the listing. You can go to www.google.com and check what exactly is my listing.

One more listing is currently live,so i guess i have to remove it soon,else my id would be suspended.I will not be listing anymore in this category.I think ebay.in should learn from ebay.com's listings.When ebay.in has approx 10-20 listings in the fun category,ebay.com has a whopping 3600 listings in the fun category,especially the fun category listings.

Is there anyone from ebay team to comment on this?? Help??

Rahul
cochinmall
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

erickrvr
Community Member
Dear friend:
Sorry to disturb you! New Year is coming, and are you looking for some crazy products? Then come here, http://www.ecity58.com is a world famous electronic wholesaler in China, Such as: TVs, laptops, phones, xbox, ps3, etc. It is a paradise here, and we believe you will enjoy here. Thanks for your browsing. Best wishes!
MSN: ecity58@hotmail.com
Telephone:+86-010-86082389
Message 8 of 8
latest reply