cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Feedback from an old timer - utter dissapointment wit eBay customer service

krgudeti
Community Member
I have been a registered buyer of eBay since 2006. My buying experience till Jan 2013 has been absolutely great. Without an exception sellers delivered as promised. In few cases when there were botch-ups from courier companies, sellers were very responsive in their communication and an issue was always sorted out. Unfortunately all this goodwill I built for eBay is shattered with my most recent purchase on 9-Jan-2013 (PaisaPay ID 32848759725, Claim ID: 160916). When I sensed that the transaction is not going as smoothly as I expected, for the first time in 6 years, I decided to contact eBay customer service. Here are my observations:

-Queries sent by email are never replied.
-Phone support is slightly better, but each call typically takes more than 10-15 minutes. The disappointing thing is that you get an assurance that you will hear back from customer support in 48 hours - but no one call you back. When you contact them on the phone again, the cycle just repeats.

I am just stunned by how poor the quality of service is. After reading this message board, I realized that my experience not unique. Almost everyone seem to be experiencing the same poor level of service.

I know I have a lengthy fight ahead of me to get my refund. I am resigned to this fact, but I will keep fighting till I succeed.

My recent experience has definitely turned me away from eBay. I am afraid after 6 years of wonderful buying experience this is a final goodbye from an old timer.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Feedback from an old timer - utter dissapointment wit eBay customer service

Dear krgudeti,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I understand your disappointment and would like to thank you for your feedback.We will work on it and take appropriate actions in order to provide you consistent customer support.

I noticed that you've refused to accept delivery as courier people does not allow you to check the content of the parcel before signing delivery receipt. No courier company allows that. However, it is not your mistake, but you have done whatever described by the seller in product description.

Rest assured, we will educate the seller to edit his listing and approve your refund. We do not wish to loose our vintage member, that is YOU. Kindly be with us. We will resolve your concern at the earliest.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply