Fake stone sellers.

shamimhassan
Community Member
I was going through the gemstone section and was shocked to see so many fake stones in the catagory of Rubies, Emeralds and Sapphire.
Those who are familiar with gemstones will have no problem catching the fake stones, but what about thousands of innocent buyer who do not have knowledge about gemstone shopping.
These people not only give a bad name to genuine sellers on ebay, but also to ebay.in, and I request ebay.in to seriously look into this matter, likewise buyers will lose their confidence in ebay.in and stop buying at ebay.in

Dr. Shamim A. Hassan
Khobar Saudi Arabia
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Fake stone sellers.

thanx for alerting... can you provide some tips to recognize these fake items...

Regards

Ashish
ashish_g8@hotmail.com
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Fake stone sellers.

Dear,
I avoid selling emerald,ruby and sapphire because of inclusion problem.Most buyers dont understand.They want glass like clear stuff.In fact,I once experimented selling with bhatti amethyst and they sold like hot cakes.Disgusted,I stopped selling stones then.Indian buyers are most ignorant but they pose as wisest.
But sellers should not take advantage of ignorance of buyers.God will punish such sellers.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Fake stone sellers.

Hi Ashis,
Just hold stone against light and look through magnifier.Immediately you distinguish a stone and a glass.But to know a ruby from a simple corrundum ,you got to have experience or got to go to a lab.
Gem quality depends on transparency and clarity as seen by naked eye and the cut of the stone.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Fake stone sellers.

haryana_sale
Community Member
ebay should be block the fake seller of fake stones
Message 5 of 5
latest reply