cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fake Buyer, Reported to Trust & Safety but NO ACTION Taken- HELP!!!

Hello,
This is regarding a item purchased by a buyer(eBay id:shaggyboogems).

He had bid on my item.While sending the invoice, I noticed that he is most probably a FAKE BUYER.

Below is his address:

boo shaggy
Bangalore
Bangalore, KA 560001
India
9xxxxxxxx9(I have hide the mobile number)

I had reported this buyer with all details to Trust and Safety and got below reply.

"We are concerned about violations on the site and have thoroughly investigated your report. Please be assured that we have taken the appropriate action in accordance with our site policies. Our actions may include issuing a warning, temporary or indefinite suspension, or
terminating the membership.

As you may know, we are unable to provide specific information regarding the result of our investigation to third party members. Please understand that this is for the protection of all eBay members."

To be precise,the reply was to inform me that an appropriate action is taken and such action can not be disclosed to me. I cant see any action taken whatsoever.

I was shocked to see that neither the buyer was suspended and nor there was any reply from the buyer regarding the purchase.

So,I again wrote to Trust and Safety and requested to please look at the issue seriously.

Well now I am really wondering what to do in such cases. Such buyer are just wasting the time of sellers and eBay is doing nothing about it?

I will surely going to file uppaid item as soon as the time limit for filing dispute get over.

I will lookforward to hear from eBay pink and other respected members.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Fake Buyer, Reported to Trust & Safety but NO ACTION Taken- HELP!!!

@shree_krishna_gems...

It is surprising that a senior seller like you goes through so much trouble to get information of the buyer which is not required at all.

1st send the invoice to the buyer so that you have a record with you that you have sent the invoice as per ebay procedure.
2nd, you send an email and also call the buyer and ask for the complete and correct address with working tel nos.
3rd, wait to see if the buyer pay you or not, there was no need and no reason for you to report the matter to TnS.

Hope this helps you...
StopandShop
Message 2 of 2
latest reply