Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

hasrajaniharish
Community Member
I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay, I had purchase one time for which I received damaged item and had returned back to the seller and had a word with seller he said that they are ready to refund the amount but through ebay and I need to open a case. I had opened a case in EBAY case reference number is 57001, post which I have called thrice to the customer service toll free but everytime I receive a same answer that I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48 hrs and the refund will be processed, I am highly dissatisfied with the EBAY customer service and same was not expected by EBAY that such a big company and the processes are so weak that it takes 12 days to process the refund.

This means when I purchase from ebay i have to be prepared and take out time to fight with ebay, today also I have purchased one more item and I think I have done a mistake by relying on ebay processes, it seems like that.

Regards,
Harish Hasrajani
Message 1 of 233
latest reply
232 REPLIES 232

vikasdesign
Community Member
The product which i ordered through e-bay was new phone as per description. The product which i received from your end is an old phone with many problems. Even item number on the package is different which shows that i received different consignment. Kindly revert back with information to return the product and get refund.
Message 51 of 233
latest reply

priyaverma22
Community Member
Same problem I am also facing;

I buyed a Sony Bravia Tv on 23th July with "big promotion offer".
Paisapay id : 31699794616

I later opted for a sony digital cam as a free gift.

And to my surprise today its more than 150days and still what i get in my emails is ebay launched this and that and not even a single mail about what is the status of my free gift.

And in the worst situation ebay's customer care just says it will be dispatched this week for past 2 months. I am keep fighting with them in every 7-10 days but they are not ready to deliver the item.

Ebay is biggest cheater. I have never seen such online fraude doing by any company.

I am suggesting members to purchase goods from any other site, please please dont buy from here. They are doing fraud with every members for delivering promotional gifts.

I would also like to mention the name of some customer care executive as well as from promotion department who are keep giving false commitment to me.

Nausin (Customer Care Executive)
Afzal ( Customer Care Super visor)
Sidhdharth Pol ( Promotional team supervisor)
etc.

Is this ebay is all about?
Message 52 of 233
latest reply

jan-kar
Community Member
i opened a claim on ebay guarantee no : 154039. they closed the claim stating that i didnt responded in the given time of 2 days. shouldnt they check their mail, i took only 2 hours to reply. i mailed my reply within 2 hours in reply to the mail from ebay. so i think e bay guarantee is bogus.
Message 53 of 233
latest reply

durgakonhar
Community Member
I have paid for three items thru ebay on 15th Nov 2012. I have received two items from two sellers in time. The third item a full sleev V neck tes shirt has not been received so far. I have send several mails to the seller, but the seller never says no but i have not received the item of 9.8 US dollar. Now i dont know how to take up this issue. I have paid it thru Pay pal (credit card (axis bank)). No one from e bay even helps to me. I feel anyone should ever use this e-bay site to purchase any items, since if some seller cheats, you just cant get your money back rather spend time on net to send mails to all customer supports, ultimately you wont get anything but forget your money.As its haoppening with me. Plz anyone can suggest how to resolve this issue.?
Message 54 of 233
latest reply

anaghamutaliks
Community Member
I am a customer of ebay & bought few products.one week ago i wanted to buy tab covers & paid via paisa pay.Neither I have received confirmation nor my money has been refunded by Ebay.I have communicated them but no proper responce received.all customer support representative said that it will take 24 to 72 hrs but till date nothing happen.i guess they are not serious to look into matter.I am started loose trust on them.
Message 55 of 233
latest reply

Dear anaghamutaliks,

It seems that you have experienced with missing transaction. Missing transactions generally get auto refunded within 72 hours. However, due to an intermittent issue at payment gateway, it is taking longer than expected. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay. We are looking into your concern and update you soon. Your patience and understanding would be highly appreciated.
Message 56 of 233
latest reply

Dear durgakonhar,

It seems that you are referring to your transaction done on international eBay site. Kindly note that every eBay site follow different policies for buyer protection. You can seek help from respective site's Customer Support. Alternatively, you can request PayPal for a buyer Protection.
Message 57 of 233
latest reply

xrahul17
Community Member
ebBay Coupons are Bogus and eBay is Cheating Customers

I have purchased Item No. 140780575942 Brand New & Sealed Sony Xperia U -ST25i - Black Color on eBay,PaisePay ID 32910762139 for Rupees 11,999/= on 15 Jan

13. I had applied BIG1FREEB2 coupon which was valid uptp 20 Jan 13.

Vide this coupon, I was to get, on a purchase of a mobile between Rs. 10001 to Rs. 15000, a Samsung E1207 mobile free.

The Item (Brand New & Sealed Sony Xperia U -ST25i - Black Color) has been received from the seller in god condition and in time. The problem is with EBay who

did not ship the Samsung E1207 phone which was free on purchase of mobiles priced in the range of 10001-15000 rupees on application of Coupon Code

BIG1FREEB2.

After informing eBay of the same and raising a ebay guarantee claim ( Claim No. 162387) on 20 Jan 13 , I get a reply from eBay on 23 Jan 13, that the Claim

has been resolved, and the Action Taken is - Buyer Claim request rejected by eBay.

I, again, took up the matter with eBay,to explain to me how the claim has been resolved without my getting the promised Samsung E1207 phone ( promised vide

BIG1FREEB2 coupon).

Threafter, there has been no reply from eBay.

These Coupons are Bogus and eBay is cheating customers, please beware.

Rahul Sharma
Message 58 of 233
latest reply

Dear xrahul17,

I do understand your situation and would like to explain how eBay Promotion works. Let me assure you that you are eligible for the gift and receive it soon. As per terms and conditions of this promotion we will start dispatching gifts - post 45 days after promotion ends. I am sure you will understand the fact that we have to collate the data of all eligible members and it takes time.

Your patience would be appreciated! 🙂
Message 59 of 233
latest reply

i wonder whats the harm in addressing seller's issues !!
Message 60 of 233
latest reply