cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claim closed forcefully for in-transit damaged Laptop without giving resolution [Claim id - ***]

rahul.ngp
Community Member

I never imagined ebay would make me suffer till this extent by not resolving my issue inspite of giving all the required evidences which prooves that the laptop screen got damaged in-transit. I bought it as a birthday present for my sister which till date she couldn't even use becaused of the ongoing claim dispute. 

Product details :

Fujitsu Lifebook Notebook A514

Claim id : ***

PaisaPay ID ***

Item ID: ***

1. I received Fujitsu Lifebook notebook A514 with damaged screen on 10th Nov. I raised ebay guarantee claim on the same day. After following up with ebay claim department for several days they closed my refund/replacement claim on 28th Nov without stating that it will get covered under manufacturer warranty.
  2. I did not had any other option other than to claim manufacturer warranty so I contacted Fujitsu to claim manufacturer warranty as per Ebay. Fujitsu service engineer visited my place and after doing investigation refused to provide warranty stating that “Laptop display damaged in transit” and this type of damage is not covered under manufacturer warranty.
  3. I shared Fujitsu service slip and email received from Fujitsu (manufacturer) stating that “Laptop display damaged in transit” and this type of damage is not covered under manufacturer warranty with Ebay. 
  4. After informing the scenario, I received email from ebay stating that the issue has been escalated to the concerned team and they will revert back in 48-72 hours. 
  5. I have been following up with Ebay to reopen my claim from last 10 days for providing me correct resolution by asking seller to provide either replacement or refund. I was also fine if the seller agrees to bare screen replacement charges from Fujitsu.
  6. I am being mentally harassed by Ebay customer executives and claim department for not providing resolution instead just assuring everytime, that they will get back at earliest which they have not till date. It has been 32 days and I am still struggling for getting a proper resolution from ebay for the damaged laptop display screen.

Please  find attached service slip received from Fujitsu confirming that the Laptop display damaged in transit and this type of damage is not covered under manufacturer warranty. I am hoping that my issue will be resolved through this forum.

Rahul Mohite

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0