cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customes duity in India for non electronic items???

anandalphonse
Community Member
Hii every one...I'm new to ebay and i was tryn to get my hands on a Badminton racquet from Malaysia...it costs around 65 USD, and i was wondering if there will be any import duties to be paid for Indian customs for receiving it?? can any one help me with this ???hw much is the Customs duty for such thing in general???
any help is appreciated!!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

hello456l
Community Member
Customs people are having price list invariably for all items. Value more than 1500 are seperated for more scrutiny. For used items they do not levy, provided the supplier paste a customs declaration in the packing as it is used one and gift item. customs duty varies from 5to 55% of cost according to categories. In this case it is play items if customs think it is new and worth more than 1500, they may levy 150+St . Some times out of sight they miss levying the customs. All depends on your LUCK>>>>>>> ebay ID-vijaysree747(vijayasri72@gmail.com)
ebay ID-vijaysree747(vijayasri72@gmail.com)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

anandalphonse
Community Member
thanks for u relys...so if i my seller notes that the product(racquet) is a used item and its below 30USD(<1500 INR)there will no tax...isn't it???for above 1500 INR, 150 INR is the tax >>Am i right?//
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

nirilib5
Community Member
Hello. I got a gift from UK. I stay in Bangalore. But I got a call from new Delhi customs office asking me to pay Rs 23500 to an individuals account number. My query is, why didn't the parcel come to Bangalore customs office? Why did they ask me to pay to an individuals account? Shudnt it be a government account? Is this real or fake? Please help me friends
Message 4 of 4
latest reply