Will my item attract any duty ?

abhi1857
Community Member
Hello,

I'm going to order a Samsung Galaxy S2 case valued $79.99 + S5 to be shipped via standard shipping from South Korea, so I would like to know two questions before placing an order i.e. ---

1. ) Will my item attract any sort of custom duty OR any sort of taxation ? If yes, then how much ?

2. ) How many days will it take to item to reach my doorstep ?

Any early help or reply regarding this will be really greatful...

Best Regards -
Abhishek
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

abhi1857
Community Member
ah... one more thing I forgot to mention i.e. I'll be purchasing the item via eBay.com not ebay.in so any help/reply will be grateful... thnx
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

raven7920
Community Member
Hello abhi1857,

1st convert the Final Total Amount including shipping charges you are paying into Rs. and see is it less then Rs. 2000/- then you won't have to pay any kind of Tax

if not then maybe they will charge you custom duty but if you have IEC code then they will charge you 26% if you do not have IEC Code then they will charge you 60%

Think it should help you Thanks
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

abhi1857
Community Member
Hello raven,

Firstly thanks for your kind reply... in INR Conversion it's currently Rs.4,484.07 between let me know the procedure to get IEC Code ? As for limit I think the limit is Rs.5000 not Rs.2000, if possible kindly confirm the same.

Thanks -
Abhishek
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

raven7920
Community Member
Well at Rs.4,484.07 I'm not sure because Panda Ji told me if the value is less then 2000 then it will be free

Panda Ji is the person in the custom department - Intl speed post behind Sahara Star Hotel.

And for IEC you need to go to DGFT Office which is exactly opp SNDT Women College (Nishta Bhavan)Google it - Map or search dgft, mumbai.

For IEC Code you need to have Pan Card & Saving A/c on your Name and attach Downlaod copy of your Pan Card and Bank Certificate.

There are agents outside dgft office who will chrg Rs. 3000/- but you can get IEC without agent by paying the peon of dgft under Rs. 1500/- but be silent about it.

Be friendly to peon and he or she will tell you the entire process and will call you when your IEC code is done.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply