International Purchases and Customs.

sandyjpatil
Community Member
What if I want to purchase some cunsumer electronic item an eBay USA. Do I have to pay custom duty...if "yes" then how do I pay the duty?
Sandy.
Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

This Message to all buyers buying from ebay.com

- If the seller is declaring the value of product purchase as a free gift under $10 (or $20 i am not sure) then you don't need to pay any customs.
- If the seller is declaring that item is for sale and declares the real value of product, then you need to pay the customs and the customs depend upon the product category.
Message 61 of 98
latest reply

cadfael32
Community Member
I am in USA and would like to order an item on ebay.in using my US credit card. Is that possible??
Message 62 of 98
latest reply

hi, i am looking the contact number of Mumbai Customs office to query about the status of my items and if it is stuck with them by any chance. Thanks. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 63 of 98
latest reply

Purchases from ebay.in are to be paid by PaisaPay button by using credit card (of any country)
Message 64 of 98
latest reply

williamhlt
Community Member
I juz want to ask a question, is purchasing item through global easy pay safe? for the item that cost upto Rs. 12000...
Message 65 of 98
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey shreyansh0290,

I believe you are looking at an item on eBay.com and want to know if you can buy the same through Global EasyBuy.

Just copy the Item ID of the listing on eBay.com, go to www.globaleasybuy.com and enter that Item ID in the search box and click 'Enter'. If that listing comes up in the search results on GEB, then yes you can buy it through GEB.

Also, prices on GEB are all-inclusive and include the cost of shipping, customs, etc.

Hope that clarifies.

Cheers
Sushant
Message 66 of 98
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey cadfael32,

How are you? Yes, you can purchase items on eBay.in using any MasterCard/Visa credit card (incl. a US Credit Card).

Cheers
Sushant
Message 67 of 98
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey williamhlt,

How are you? Purchase of items of any value is completely safe on Global EasyBuy. Not only is the payment made through PaisaPay, one of the safest payment mechanisms in India but your money is also protected under the eBay Guarantee program (you can read more about it here - http://pages.ebay.in/guarantee/)

In fact, we have had purchases as high as Rs. 1 lac happen on Global EasyBuy in the recent past. Don't worry, shop happy!

Cheers
Sushant
Message 68 of 98
latest reply

jitendra_007
Community Member
Guys
Please suggest what to do i have a big issue described below-

1)I want to import from a US site
2)The site does not offer courier options - ONLY Express Mail International
3)they do not undervalue goods[Hi-res Video Glasses] so they will mark the order as US $499

Now how to import as this item is not available through Global Easybuy which i'd prefer most of the time

Please suggest what to do - i have not paid yet...
Message 69 of 98
latest reply

shibani10
Community Member
HI
i hv bought some cosmetic items worth 44$ from ebay.com.
will i have to pay a customs duty?
if so how much would that b?
pls advise.
Message 70 of 98
latest reply