How come the price is so cheap ?

shrilatha123
Community Member
Hi,

When a product is being sold in the market and through teleshopping networks at Rs.4,999/-....., I find the same item is being listed for auction here with a start bid price fo Rs.1,200/-.

How can there be such a vast variance in the price ? ( Bulk orders cannot be the reply, as in this case the seller had only one number of the product for sale).

Can someone explain ?

S.S
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

goodcustomer_in1
Community Member
Its not something strange. Its not just something to do with difference between Teleshopping prices and ebay(e-comm site) rates. The difference in rates of teleShopping and normal convential retail markets too. Actually its the rate of tele products that are obscenly high. It can be due to many reasons; for one, sometimes the products are newly launched but soon they are copied(as they are not patented) and sold at much lower prices. Plus the difference can be in quality of product; not that all non teleShopping have low quality but so many times they are so you have to have good eye on the quality then also some teleshopping products can be bad quality. Definatly the teleshopping guys have better "packaging" and more effective and penetrating advertisement thus naturally expenditure on it and naturally the customer has to pay for it 🙂 .
Hope it settles your query;
Peace
KMS
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
First as you mentioned itself its on a auction. ( start bid price fo Rs.1,200/-.
)

Second its advertised as AS SEEN ON TV so its not what you see on TV.

Third: Its a cheap chinese versionof the same. The performance - technlogy - reliability - and effectiveness may differ.

The final decision is up to you always !! !! Sunny 🙂
()()()()())()

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

bookshop2508
Community Member
Hi,

As 'sastaitshop' said it might be that the item is in an auction. So I guess the bidding would be just starting for the item.

I would also like to suggest that the seller might have listed is at such a low price as they are charged higher insertion fee based on the starting price. So wheen the auction begins the bid amount increases as the bid iincrement.

The seller may also have listed it with the reserve price.

Could you post the item number so that I hope that I also could check the same and hopefully give you some timely suggestions.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
@razyjones - "higher insertion fee based on the starting price" -
for the moment there is no such fee on ebay.in -- just a clarification... regards !! Sunny 🙂
()()()()())()

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 5 of 5
latest reply