Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpful Hints For A Safe Buying Experience on eBay India

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Today’s online market offers us the convenience and choice like never before. However, By following some simple guidelines, you can ensure a pleasant buying experience:

Before Buying - Do your research

--Learn all you can about the item. Read the item description carefully. If you have any doubts about shipping, insurance and payment options, if something is unclear, use ‘Ask seller a Question’ to find out all about the item.

--Read Seller’s feedback. From the item page, click on the number in brackets after the seller's User ID. From here you'll see what other buyers have had to say about doing business with the seller. This is an important piece of information about the seller. You can alsu use ‘Contact eBay Member’ feature to ask a buyer his experience with the seller

--Research the item's value. Look at similar completed eBay listings using the completed listings search. You can also visit online shops that sell similar items and ask friends to help determine what the item is worth.

-- Make sure the item is legal and allowed. If you have any doubts as to whether the item you're interested in is allowed, check eBay's policies on prohibited, questionable and infringing items.

--Carefully read the payment options the seller accepts. Paying with a credit card is the safest way to pay, as you have some recourse if the item is not received. Some other safe payment options are – PaisaPay, cheques, money orders, demand drafts, certified cheques and other negotiable instrument, COD, Cash for in-person transactions

--Read the full auction before bidding. You cannot change the terms of an auction after you win. Make sure you fully agree with all of the terms (method of payment, time frame for payment to be received) in the listing before placing your bid.

Consider your buying options

--Determine the maximum you're willing to pay for the item. Take into consideration how much you want the item, how difficult it will be for you to find another one and how soon you need it, and determine the highest price you're willing to pay.

--Make every bid a serious one. Please don't bid if you don't intend to pay.

After You have bought

--Ensure your contact information and email address is up-to-date. Check your personal information to make sure it is correct. Also, check that any "spam" blocking software you have installed does not limit a seller from communicating with you.

--When you receive the product, Leave feedback for your seller. This will help other buyers judge the seller for future transactions.

--If you don't hear from your seller within 3 days, e-mail them.

--Read the eBay discussion boards for help with a problem that may arise. You can obtain great advice in times of need. Other eBayers are the best helpers in a problem situation.

--If you do not receive your item / Item is not as described, e-mail your seller. If you get no response, pull their contact info and call them. If their contact info phone number or e-mail address is invalid, file an invalid contact report with eBay. Make sure you file for Item Not received dispute between 10 - 60 days of buying. Remember to escalate the same to Buyer Protection claim if you need to.

However, you should make every attempt to contact your seller and allowing them to rectify the issue.

I hope the above will help you in having a pleasant eBay transaction.

Happy Buying!
Sapana
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

gora_web
Community Member
Dvalve! we called the heart of outsourcing world.
Dvalve.com is an online talent workplace that helps companies hire and manage professionals online to get work done and grow their businesses. Dvalve matches employers with a ready and qualified workforce and rated, tested professionals with technical, marketing and business skills. Dvalve also provides the online workplace and tools to manage and pay remote professionals and teams online. Contractors and service providers around the world use Dvalve to meet employers and get paid for delivering great results.VISIT WWW.DVALVE.COM FOR YOUR OUTSOURCE & BUSINESS NEEDS, SEE HOW FAST YOUR JOBS DONE WITH QUALITY AND SECURITY.Dvalve a real virtual outsourcing ThinkTank.
Waiting for your valued participation.DVALVE TEAM Welcomes freelancers, web designers. programmers, developers, designers, business guys and all corporate and IT peoples TO WORK WITH US Please Register as per your skills and wait for our Interview call. You can register as a Service Provider or as a Buyer Account. Buyer will get tie up Offers and providers will catch Jobs!.
One dice for all.
Regards
Dvalve Team
www.dvalve.com
Message 41 of 50
latest reply

dishant66
Community Member
Dear Ms Sapna,

it is very useful tips given by you.

keep us updated time to time to make secure, happy and trustworthy buying on ebay.

thnakx once again
Message 42 of 50
latest reply

manishchikatmarla
Community Member
i have bought a keyboard and mouse combo recently.the money transaction is done through credit card..but i have no information of the dispatch of the item by teh seller..how can i get to know about that..??please help me regarding this.......
Message 43 of 50
latest reply

mouroy20062010
Community Member
Thank you so much
Message 44 of 50
latest reply

prayagiyer
Community Member
good and helpful message.
pl re introduce the closing in one hour page.
no one has time for browsing all categories....
seldom can people buy 1/2 months in advance.
probably if you check the number of hits on the above tab & resultant purchase you will get max casual buys from here.
pl remove the category of jewellery's from this as it is long list with no /less use.
prayag
Message 45 of 50
latest reply

joseph.ck
Community Member
Dont buy anything from Ebay. No1 Fraud.

I order for
"8GB Pen Drive HP Brand,Company Sealed,1-5 Days delivery"
what is the meaning of 1-5 Days delivery? they just shipp after 8 days. Don't believe such ad on ebay, you will not get items in time.
Message 46 of 50
latest reply

harish-tyagi
Community Member
when i am bale to ge tmu payment

harish-tyagi
Message 47 of 50
latest reply

camel596
Community Member
Dear Concern

i have just purchased a laptop bag ORIGINAL HP –PROFESSIONAL 16” BUNDLE BACKPACK, HP LAPTOP BAG,LAPTOP BACK PACK from the seller sunstar_hazira ..i have been charged on my credit card..but not recieved any info about the purchase like any number etc..is this the way it works??
Message 48 of 50
latest reply

joeldara
Community Member
Is it safe to buy from eBay.com? The seller is from los Angeles and he got good ratings and feedbacks.. I can my visa credit card to buy, is there any extra charges to convert rupees to dollars? And.. Is the shipping safe from u.s? Thank u..
Message 49 of 50
latest reply

Actually i wanted to purchase a bike from e bay...costs around 6 to 7 lacs indian rupees...the bike is in miami florida ...and the guy is a new seller...no feed backs available...so i m just worried abt the deal....cuz there are some fake users too...posting d add of other bike and pics of other super bikes...so should i buy from ebay
Message 50 of 50
latest reply