Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpful Hints For A Safe Buying Experience on eBay India

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Today’s online market offers us the convenience and choice like never before. However, By following some simple guidelines, you can ensure a pleasant buying experience:

Before Buying - Do your research

--Learn all you can about the item. Read the item description carefully. If you have any doubts about shipping, insurance and payment options, if something is unclear, use ‘Ask seller a Question’ to find out all about the item.

--Read Seller’s feedback. From the item page, click on the number in brackets after the seller's User ID. From here you'll see what other buyers have had to say about doing business with the seller. This is an important piece of information about the seller. You can alsu use ‘Contact eBay Member’ feature to ask a buyer his experience with the seller

--Research the item's value. Look at similar completed eBay listings using the completed listings search. You can also visit online shops that sell similar items and ask friends to help determine what the item is worth.

-- Make sure the item is legal and allowed. If you have any doubts as to whether the item you're interested in is allowed, check eBay's policies on prohibited, questionable and infringing items.

--Carefully read the payment options the seller accepts. Paying with a credit card is the safest way to pay, as you have some recourse if the item is not received. Some other safe payment options are – PaisaPay, cheques, money orders, demand drafts, certified cheques and other negotiable instrument, COD, Cash for in-person transactions

--Read the full auction before bidding. You cannot change the terms of an auction after you win. Make sure you fully agree with all of the terms (method of payment, time frame for payment to be received) in the listing before placing your bid.

Consider your buying options

--Determine the maximum you're willing to pay for the item. Take into consideration how much you want the item, how difficult it will be for you to find another one and how soon you need it, and determine the highest price you're willing to pay.

--Make every bid a serious one. Please don't bid if you don't intend to pay.

After You have bought

--Ensure your contact information and email address is up-to-date. Check your personal information to make sure it is correct. Also, check that any "spam" blocking software you have installed does not limit a seller from communicating with you.

--When you receive the product, Leave feedback for your seller. This will help other buyers judge the seller for future transactions.

--If you don't hear from your seller within 3 days, e-mail them.

--Read the eBay discussion boards for help with a problem that may arise. You can obtain great advice in times of need. Other eBayers are the best helpers in a problem situation.

--If you do not receive your item / Item is not as described, e-mail your seller. If you get no response, pull their contact info and call them. If their contact info phone number or e-mail address is invalid, file an invalid contact report with eBay. Make sure you file for Item Not received dispute between 10 - 60 days of buying. Remember to escalate the same to Buyer Protection claim if you need to.

However, you should make every attempt to contact your seller and allowing them to rectify the issue.

I hope the above will help you in having a pleasant eBay transaction.

Happy Buying!
Sapana
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

sid0534
Community Member
Hi, is it possible that the sellers themselves jack up the prices to the required levels.. They can create mulitple IDs and transact.. since we dont get to see the IDsof the other bidders, they might be acutally doing it.. Any one has any such experiences on this..
Message 31 of 50
latest reply

lets_fight_for_right
Community Member
Hi sid0534, It's quite difficult to fool the ebay system. They have a powerful system in place to track shill Bidding. Once caught, all his ID's would be suspended.
Message 32 of 50
latest reply

paone_d
Community Member
NOW I THINK THAT THEY DELIBERALITY TRYING TO REJECT MY PAYMENT AS I USED THE DISCOUNT COUPONS.

FIRST EBAY PROMISED TO GIVE DISCOUNT
BUT WHEN WE USE IT THEY FAKE IT TO REJECT

SO WHY ARE THEY SENDING COUPONS WHEN THEY ARE USELESS
I AM NOT SAYING THAT ALL PAYMENT MADE BY COUPONS ARE
REJECTED, BUT COUPONS WITH LARGE DISCOUNTS MAY BE
DELIBERALITY MADE TO REJECT.
IF EBAY CANNOT MANAGE WHY MAKE FALSE PROMISE.
EITHER THEY FAKE OR THEY HAVE USELESS PAYMENT SYSTEM.
Message 33 of 50
latest reply

paone_d
Community Member
NOW I THINK THAT THEY DELIBERALITY TRYING TO REJECT MY PAYMENT AS I USED THE DISCOUNT COUPONS.

FIRST EBAY PROMISED TO GIVE DISCOUNT
BUT WHEN WE USE IT THEY FAKE IT TO REJECT

SO WHY ARE THEY SENDING COUPONS WHEN THEY ARE USELESS
I AM NOT SAYING THAT ALL PAYMENT MADE BY COUPONS ARE
REJECTED, BUT COUPONS WITH LARGE DISCOUNTS MAY BE
DELIBERALITY MADE TO REJECT.
IF EBAY CANNOT MANAGE WHY MAKE FALSE PROMISE.
EITHER THEY FAKE OR THEY HAVE USELESS PAYMENT SYSTEM.
Message 34 of 50
latest reply

paone_d
Community Member
AFTER PAYMENT BY PAISAPAY IT IS SHOWING THAT YOUR ORDER IN PROCESS. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY????

IF THEY HAVE GOT THE PAYMENT THEN WHAT TYPE OF PROCESSING
IS GOING ON.

IF THEY ARE SUPPLIER OF MATERIAL THEN ONE CAN UNDERSTAND.

GOT THE PAYMENT AND NOT APPROVING IT. THEN THEY WILL REFUND YOU AFTER 5/6 DAYS WITHOUT ANY REASON FROM FROM THEIR SIDE.

EBAY HAS MAJOR PROBLEM WITH PAYMENT SYSTEM WHICH UNNECESSARY CAUSE DELAY & DISTURBANCE TO THE CUSTOMERS.

ULTIMATELY CUSTOMER SUFFERS FOR UNUSUAL PAYMENT SYSTEM
OF EBAY. ARE THEY READY TO COMPENSATE SUCH CUSTOMERS OR PROVE THEY ARE IRRESPONSIBLE.
CAN THEY PROVIDE ANY ANSWER???????
Message 35 of 50
latest reply

sunanda5
Community Member
Hello,
I bought a DVD writer internal but i wanted external. I checked sellers shopping list he seems he doesnt have external. In such case can he send me back my money? I am waiting for his reply. I know I did a msitake. Yet he havent shipped the item.

Please tell em what I cna do.

Best regards,SL
Message 36 of 50
latest reply

faransqi_09
Community Member
http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?forumID=100000002&threadID=500006749 please read this thread for education and caution
Message 37 of 50
latest reply

arifmail
Community Member
plz send me our contact number and address
Message 38 of 50
latest reply

faransqi_09
Community Member
PEOPLE PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD BEFORE MAKING ANY BIG INVESTMENT NTS

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?forumID=100000002&threadID=500006749 please read this thread for education and caution

MY EMAIL ID IS faransqi@gmail.com my mob no is 09800003363
Message 39 of 50
latest reply

shrigovindam
Community Member
Hi! Don't you encounter good and bad sellers in conventional market too. How do you judge them?

Jaipur-Jewelry-Mart
Message 40 of 50
latest reply