cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GPRS / WAP settings for China Mobile Incl. i9+++

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

Many users need GPRS / WAP settings for their China mobile purchased on ebay or other sources, so I thought I would start a thread here.

To use GPRS / WAP on your china mobile you need just two setting from your service provider:

1) Access Point Name (APN) and

2) I.P. address.

How to manually set up :-

I will use settings for Aircel wap - you can change it with any service provider.
WAP

***First Step***

1) Main Menu --> Select Services (This may be named variously as net, etc.)
2) Select Data Account - Select GPRS
3) Select the First Entry
4) Edit the account name to whatever you would like
5) Edit the APN to: aircelwap (your service provider settings)
6) Username - leave blank
7) Password - leave blank
8) Edit Auth Type - Normal (if needed)
9) Save

Select Back --> Select Back

***Second Step***

Select WAP
1) Select Settings --> Edit Profile
2) Select the first entry --> Edit Profile
3) Edit the name to whatever you would like
4) Edit Homepage to : http://myaircel.com (your service provider setting)
5) Edit Data Account to the Name you established in the First Setp.
6) Edit Connection type to HTTP
7) Change IP Address is 172.17.83.69 (your service provider address) and the port number is 8080
8) Edit Username to - Blank
9) Edit Password t0 - Blank

Select back or done
Select Activate Account

The above settings are for Aircel Pocket Internet. You just need two seeting APN, IP address and homepage to use it for your service provider.

I will give setting for Airtel here:

APN - airtelgprs.com
IP address - 202.056.231.117
Homepage - http://www.google.com

Request other members to provide settings for other service providers. I will keep updating with other service provider settings.

Paresh
Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

One more site - getjar.com for hundreds of java applications, games, etc. You can even download the opera Mini Browser from there.

Paresh
Message 11 of 104
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
As promised Image of Opera Mini Browser on i9 phone with ebay logged in:

Message 12 of 104
latest reply

09srikarbhat
Community Member
GPRS / WAP settings for China Mobile

I tried this settings in my Lephone A1 for Aircel GPRS. But I get a Message that "Server not Connected". In my Leophone A1 there is no provision to enter the details of "Edit Connection type to HTTP". I would be greatfull If you can provide me a solution for this problem. If any body has the setting for Lephone A1 for Aircel or Tata Docomo

Srikar K Bhat
Message 13 of 104
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Sir,

I have loaded Aircel on B'Lephone A1. It works ok. I do not have the phone with me right now. When i have the phone with me I will give you step by step instructions on the WAP.

I am not sure if the B"lephone supports GPRS.

Regards,

Paresh
Message 14 of 104
latest reply

wisechap2k
Community Member
Hi
Have anyone got PC Suite for I9+++

Please provide link to download the software

Thanks in advance
Message 15 of 104
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

If your phone supports com port. (not all i9 phones do). You can download the pc suite and usb driver from the gsmhoting.com.

I am not sure I am allowed to post the link here.

Regards,

Paresh
Message 16 of 104
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

It is actually forums.gsmhosting.com

Sorry for the typo.

Paresh
Message 17 of 104
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
09srikarbhat,

Lephone gprs / wap settings:

Security coneection - disable
User name - leave blank
password - leave blank
apn - aircelwap
gateway - 172.17.83.69
port - 8080

set homepage - http://myaircel.com

I have not been able to get gprs working on lephone. wap works fine.

Paresh
Message 18 of 104
latest reply

echmod
Community Member
Can some one help me on how to show up the installed java games or application to show up as an icon on the home screen of china iphone.

Thanks
Message 19 of 104
latest reply

cyborg5021a
Community Member
PC/ Laptop Internet Connection through China Mobile
Pls do the following to connect the intenet on your PC/Laptop through your china mobile.

First of all make the necessory settings for internet in your phone. (means go to WAP settings and select the SIM and profile and Data Account through which you want to connet the internet. Your service provider will also give you). Now do the following

1. Down load the drivers for your cell phone. (MT 6225 is available on http://groups.google.co.in/group/bvmdiplomates2000 so download it from there).

2. Connect the usb cable to your PC/Laptop and then connect it to your pnone.

3. During the connection to the phone it will ask for one of three options(COM, web cam, usb mass storage). select 'COM'.

4. Now in the PC the massage will desplayed for installing the driver so double click on that msg and the window will open for installing the driver. so select the path for your driver (select 2k_xp_com for MT6225) and click next. The fdriver will be installed.

5. If you cant do above then there is a other option for installing the driver is go to the properties of My Computer. Then go to the Hardware and then Device Manager. In device manager you will find Ports(COM & LTP). Open it. in that you will find question mark with yellow colour.(if not find then on top click on the serch option symbole) Right click on that yellow question mark and then install the driver same as mentioned in No.4.

6. If the driver will be installed properly then the yellow questione mark will removed automatically and the massage will be displayed on lower right side of your PC that 'your new hardware is installed properly and........'

7. After this chek the COM port number(ie COM 1, COM 2, COM10, etc.) for your phone (TECNO USB) through the Device Manager in your PC.

8. Now in your PC go to 'Control pannel' - 'Phone and modem'. It will ask for your area code. Pls enter your area STD code. Then go to "Modems" - tick on "dont detect my modem; i will select it from list" - select "standerd 19200 bps Modem" with COM port number of your cell and click finish. It will desplayed in modem list. select it and go to properties of your modem and go to Diagnostics and click on query Modem so some msg will be displayed in 'Commands' and 'Responce'. means modem is installed properly. Now click on advance and write in the 'Extra initializing command' as per your network service provider. For Artel Mobile Office write down : AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","airtelgprs.com","",0,0
*********************// for aircel //****************
put the APN "aircelweb" instead of "airtelgprs.com" and uncheck the proxy.

9. Now Go to Properties of your Internet - then 'connectins'and click on 'Add'- then click on 'Dial up to Private Network' and click next - then input phone No *99# [ for aircel change dialup no. to *99***1# ]
for all and click next - then type dial up connection name whatever you like and then click next. the window will displayed. click on properties of Dial up settings and after that in general select your Modem in 'connect using' and click on 'ok'. Now your connection name will be displayed in the list of connections. set it as default and clik ok and close the window.

10 Now click on 'start menu' then 'Connect To' and then click on your dial up connection name and finally click on 'Dial'. The connection will be established in few seconds and the massage will be displayed '115.2kbps ........'

11. Now enjoy the internet in you PC/Laptop.

************* to activate mobile office dial "*567*11#" **************************
Message 20 of 104
latest reply