CASIO WATCHES : BEWARE OF REPLICAS

damukarat2010
Community Member
few of my friend's brought new casio edifice watches from ebay India by bidding & Buy now options,Many were at very low prices.But the fact that many casio watches esp, Edifice series are also relipcas.

Many shops in North India are selling these casio replicas at very low price.There is also confirmed reports from Casio India staff is that many casio replicas are imported to India via Hong Kong.

All casio replicas comes with exact casio watch replica model, casio like tags & boxes.

Customer's can confirm the same by visiting nearest casio shop.For multi function watches, many fucntions are not fully functional and just "Tricky" Movements.

The Forgman Casio watches sold in ebay is ALSO 100% Fake .!!

all customer's are requested to check the same via an expert casio collector/dealer. Never believe in advts: such as 100% authentic & original Imported.

Very low priced products sold on all cases may be fakes or Replicas !!!

http://www.flyreplica.com/Casio-Watches.html
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

amolbutter0011
Community Member
This discussion was very helpful
i was about to order a casio watch from ebay coz the offer was so tempting
these watches are 100% FAKE.
Ebay is loosing our trust.
Casio should do something about these fakes.
Message 21 of 39
latest reply

afzalsaif
Community Member
saved myself from getting into this trap. (was plannin on buying a 35K armani for 7K)

the watches here are guranted fakes, looking at the conditions -

1. Warranty provided by dealer -> indicates watch is smuggled or a fake.

2. return policy -> almost all of them have exchange. If they are genuine sellers, they'd have guts to take back the product & refund the MRP. let the shipping be borne by buyer.
I'm sure buyer wdnt mind paying 500rs as shipping against holding a 7K fake.

I'd better suggest to look for offers at geniune websites - where the seller takes accountability.
If you wanna buy a fake/rejectc i'd suggest you to go2 colaba causeway, mumbai - where you will get it for 1K.
Message 22 of 39
latest reply

sharon_glh
Community Member
Hi, I'm thinking to buy a Casio watch from one of the eBay seller but a bit skeptical to make the purchase, yet. So, I google around and found these forums talking abt the watch genuinity. What puzzles me, if the seller claim (stated clearly) " This is a 100% Genuine, Authentic and Brand New Casio Watch". Does that mean this is a genuine Casio? I did asked a few questions from the seller about the product warranty and answer that I get was, after warranty period end and watch having problem just sent back to the seller. My question is, if this is a genuine watch, why can't I sent it to the local Casio distributor for repair? The seller gave me this answer.... "Supplier only provide local warranty, but any problem can send back to me to do repair". I just want to get a genuine Casio as a gift for my nephew and I don't want my nephew to end up in an embarrassing situation without our notice by wearing a fake watch as we thought it is a genuine watch claimed by the seller. Also, I'm pretty sure when sent for changing the battery in a watch shop, the watch seller will able to tell us whether we've been wearing a fake watch! This would be damm embarrasing! U know what I mean... However, the price listed by the seller is just too good to be true. Below is the link of the watch I saw.

Can someone pls. give me some advice whether this is a genuine watch and should I go for it? Your valuable advice is highly appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/281098426643?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks a bunch!
Message 23 of 39
latest reply

sharon_glh
Community Member
THe bottom line, never buy branded watches from online stores as most of it is 100% fake. To avoid from being cheated, stop buying it from online store. I know sometimes, even myself were so tempted to get one becasue of the the price is just too good to be true! No matter how the seller mentioned in their stores by claiming it is 100% genuine, authentic, guarantee & bla, bla bla.... don't fall into these traps! U won't get good and genuine watch for that kind of price like that. Also, some seller is just too good in playing pyscology by putting the items with higher price + other convincing stuffs, so that the buyer will think this a genuine item. So, beware before making any purchase unless if you don't mind that it is a fake watch. But if the buyer think they can get a 100% genunine watch, they are WRONG! So beware... Just sharing my thoughts.
Message 24 of 39
latest reply

sharon_glh
Community Member
Oh btw, I'd posted a thread earlier seeking from some advice from all friends in this forum, it doesn't matter anymore. Coz I've made up my mind of not to make any purchase if I'm seeking a genuine and authentic watch. eBay or online store is not the right place for me to purchase a watch if I'm looking for a genuine one.

Thanks again mt dear friends. The forums really helps a lot! Cheers!
Message 25 of 39
latest reply

Hey I was also about to get in the trap.There were two sellers who were selling these Chinese made casio edifice first copy and were claiming that these were 100% original.on reading the feedback all buyers were satisfied except one or two.
I emailed them and now posting the buyer and the sellers version.

Dear tusharjoshi812,

Re: Casio Edifice EF-554D

Yes Tushar, it's a complete replica. I came to know that within a second of having the watch in my hands. How? Because the fast-moving retrograde hand (for the lowermost subdial) just doesn't work in the stopwatch mode. It has no functionality in that mode, and only serves as the second hand in the timekeeping mode. So basically, it is a 1-second stopwatch, and not 1/20th of a second, as is the original. Luminescence of the hands and hour markers are next to nothing, and will not charge under normal light. Only when you expose the watch to very strong light, you will get something dim, but even that won't last for even an hour, forget all night. The watch case in not ion-plated, just simple paint, and will peel very easily. I am sure the crystal is not mineral (though i am yet to crack mine). I am pretty sure the 550D would be similar. I feel most ebay Casios selling around 4K should be fakes. Not worth buying, at any cost. That was my first and last fake.

Buyers version

P.S the buyer has purchased casio edifice 554 d watch from seller

Dear tusharjoshi812,

Its gud that u talked to him I don't care wat mr buyer saya about the product the watch which he had purchased doesn't have 1/20 th feature its in the watch which u r about to purchase .

I've sold more than 300 watches over net and u can see my feedback profile I don't hink one negitive comment makes adiffernece.
Mr buyer is a arrogant person not trying to listen, I told him that I am ready to refund his money if he is not satisfied or have some problem with the product. He purchased the watch on 16 june from me and after one and a half month he is giving me this feedback. He never called or mssegd me regarding any problem but I still offered him money back but actually I believe he is mentally ill perosnality. So I don't wanna talk abt him.
Rest these are imported watches their might b some nimor defects in the watch so I recommend my buyer to reply me within 7 days of purchase so that I can arrange a refund or replacement to them.

And last thing I don't want to sell it to anyone who doesn't trust me !! So I wud say don't buy it from me it will hardly make a differnece to me but just think out off 130 feedbacks only one negitive rest 130 people are fools right ?? Haahaha !!

Sir pls don't buy cz I don't wanna sell it to u know

Sellers version

Now members can themselves decide what is the matter of the fact.

Regards
Tushar

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

U got ur money back? Because i ordered the same watch on ebay but

@rathnaprakash wrote:
I too bought a Casio Edifice EF-550 watch from eBay on 16/10/2012. Received a 100% Fake watch. The seller had advertised it as a 100% authentic, original watch. Moreover the seller has 98.6% positive feedback. I had the watch verified at the Casio Store, who confirmed that it is a duplicate one. I raised a claim with eBay and contacted the seller for a refund, as I am sure a replacement would also be a fake watch. the seller has asked me to ship back the item, which I have done. However seller has asked me to remove the negative feedback I had made in ebay, and only then he would refund my amount. This is the reason why the sellers manage to retain a high positive feedback percentage.

I too bought the same watch on ebay. it s shipped already but not yet delivered. can i cancel the order? wil i get refund?

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

yes, I too received  FAKE/REPLICA of casio watch. STOP CHEATING Ebay

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

what is the prblm with fake casio watches

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

bazaar_121
Community Member

friends if u purchase online watches visit once after that u will purchase once you can also Buy casio original watches Online 

Buy Watches Online 

Message 30 of 39
latest reply