Buyer Protection is a joke

rdevnath
Community Member
I had bought a Used Graphic Card (ATI Radeon 4850) from seller anant.sharma.860, on 31th July. The card was dead on arrival and no bill was provided (unlike what was mentioned in the listing), and after repeated communication with the seller, he stopped responding.

Hence I opened a Case against the buyer as "Item Significantly Not As Described" on 11 August 2010. Again the the seller refused to provide any solution. So after a month long wait the case was close on August 31st 2010.

Now, after closing the case I was supposed to receive further communication from Ebay, regarding further procedure. Nothing happed till today. Repeated calls, chats and mails with Ebay has not helped. The worst is part that I'm alway told "it's in process". Isn't there a timeline for a buyer to get a verdict on whether he/she will ever get the money back. Ebay buyer protection is a joke!
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

present2011
Community Member
Same happened with me I raised claim 19653 and it is pending for over a month.
Customer care always tell me that claim adjuster is "working hard" on claim.But ebay has failed to honour assurance that they will refund paisa pay in 20 days.
Ebay guarantee is nothing more than a marketing gimmicks.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

rdevnath
Community Member
Got a call from Ebay regarding the same. Some hope.. let's see. Another 1 Week wait for processing.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

gkmeda
Community Member
e bay guarantee policy is a joke and cheating marketing strategies. dont fall in trap of e bay.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

gkmeda
Community Member
e bay people only worried about seller and help sellers only
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

antony.philip
Community Member
Hi All Ebay has cheated me too..
Ebay has cheated after raising a claim in Ebay guarantee about the item purchased. they have closed my claim with the reason saying” buyer has closed the claim" which i never did ..absolute cheating..
I made DVD writer purchase and I received a dubba DVD player that does not operate.
I raised claim in ebay guarantee.. it never looked in to the issue even after 40 days after 40 days ebay has called me and asked me to avail warranty on the item i receive.. but i wanted a replacement or money back as guaranteed by the site..
But i wondered to see that the claim has been closed by the Ebay and never treated my claim in the way which they actually guarantee..
i LOST MY RUPEES 2340/- BY THIS MY TRANSACTION iD IS 19719..SELLER iD IS "dream-gadgets"
i do not see any other platform to express my hard feeling ..so i think this may help me to propagate my story. please help me to propagate my story so that no one else will not be cheated ever by this cheating site.

Now am going to send email this story toi my frieds

Thanks
Antony
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

apsathu
Community Member
itoo is becoming a victim of ebay guarrety!! bought an iphone 4 for 30000 and got a diffective phone and i opened claim for replacement and as per ebay advice i returned the item. further the seller said the new item is out of stock and now after around one month 4 days an ebay supporter made a tele-conference and after the conversation, the ebay official said " now we are closing the claim as the seller agreed to send the new phone"....is it the correct procediure!!! what if the seller send another diffective item!! and what if if he not at all despatch a new one!!
even after 5 days of tele conference, i have not received the phone and the claim remains closed!!
friends, please tell me whether i have chance to re-open the claim?
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

ecstasyankit
Community Member
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ebay-India-Fraud/145674982214636?ref=ts&fref=ts
Message 8 of 8
latest reply