Duplicate, non functioning items and no replacement / refund of amount & non trustworthy seller ebay

I had purchased the item Motorola Moto E2 LCD Display +Touch Screen Digitizer (BLACK) ( 172454907408 ) and it was delivered on June 5, 2017. When I tried to instal this into my mobile handset, to my shock it was not opened (display not worked). I had referred the Youtube video that provided the detail instruction on display installation, but it was not worked. So I raisd the claim on June 6, 2017. Initially seller replied that they will resolve this issue within June 20th. But later on they keep on raised unwanted objections & clarifications. For instance, they ask for the sticker on the display. But when I opened the package, I didn't get see any sticker. Knowing this they have asked for the photos of sticker. No customer looking for the packaged material while opening the package. But this seller asking some unwanted objections.

One of the executive called me & requested me to give positive feedback on this product & also she assured that they will take back the product & reimburse the amount. But still I have not yet received any return calls & any reimbursement from the seller. I think this is the only Online shopping site which request their customer to give positive feedback. Instaed of resolving the issue, they are interested to save their face from public.

And one more interesting fact is escaping from resolving the issue by transferring the mistake to their vendor (supplier of that item). Usually the online sellers are responsible for product selling, amount collectioon, delivery, grievance addressal. But this ebay is intentionally escaping from addressing this issue & making their vendor responsible for the duplicate item. It shows their unprofessional attitude. Usually other online shoppers have very simple formalities & rules relating to product return & refund of amount. But this is one of the unique shopping site which having unwanted, irrelevant formalities. This is especially designed to rejecting & preventing the customers from returning the duplicate, damaged product & get back their legitimate refund amount. 

Since last 10 days, several times email correspondence has been happened between me & the seller regarding this claim & returning of this product. But they are not at all bothered about the customers problems. They even ready face the legal fight. It seems to be that they have sold such duplicate, damaged & non functioning product to other customers & they have misguided them. 

Finally I would like to conclude that this kind of fraud online shoppers should be banned in India & also needed to take strict action against them. Or else they will mis guide the innocent customers & exploit them. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Duplicate, non functioning items and no replacement / refund of amount & non trustworthy seller ebay

Yes, I fully agree with you that eBay should be banned in India in public interest.

eBay does not seem to be afraid of Indian laws, we will have to file - Public interest litigation (PIL) in either a high court or supreme court.

Ebay allows sellers to sell fake Indian currency notes which is 100% illegal, this is enough evidence to impose life time ban on eBay !

Image of fake full wheel 20 Rs. note that was sold to me by a seller who's ID is: p.sharma13. The full wheel that you see is painted by the seller. See below:

Fake 20 Rs. full wheel note.jpg

eBay is forcing me to pay Rs. 2049/= for this fake note. Can you believe that ?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I agree with you. eBay is either being careless by ignoring the wrong doings of vendors and refusing to protect the rights/interest of the customers, or are deliberating conniving with the vendors in fleecing and hoodwinking customers. Anyway, their standing, reputation and business are failing and there were hints that its being sold off. I have, however, given up dealing with them.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Their own website, as well other websites are full of complaints of the customers, but they don't bother. Apparently they have found loopholes in Indian cyber laws which help them and their client vendors cheat, fleece and hoodwink customers by palming off inferior, faulty and damaged items by misleading customers through flowerey descrioptions and pictures. People who have suffered substantial losses at their hands ought to take them to courts or other legal fora.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I had experience with one chennai seller, who sold me a HP laptop costing around  36000 as brand new one,

I had some software problem with the laptop and contacted the HP company, who took the details of serial number and other product info and later informed me that this product was a used product bought by a person in USA and returned back for software problem reason,

when i contacted the seller how he can sell a refurbished product as bran new imported, he said why i contacted company instead of resolving the matter with him,

he said he will retunr the money but said first i have to send back the product,  and when i contacted ebay to give guarantee for return of the amount as it is very high amount involving 36000, ebay persons told me they cant guarantee refund of money , it is a private dealing between me and seller

in ebay never buy a product which has very high value, and also test the product and immediately invoke guarantee if you have some issue with it, without contacting buyer,  contacting buyer is only to make lapse the guarantee period of returning article,

for returning aspects   snapdeal and amazon are the best , 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Phir to bhai, yeh daakuon k sardar hi huye na? In par aitebar karna hi bewkoofi hai.

Hiundustan sarkar ne aam janta ko in daakuon se protect karne ka qafi system banaye baghair hi in logon ki loot ko allow kar diya hai - yeh hi hamarey desh ki sabh se badi samasiya hai.

Hamare leader, banate to hamari voton ke aasrey hain, maghar hamare interest ke bhagidar banane ki bajai, beopariyon ki loot ke bhagidar banana ziyada faidemand samjhte hain.

Phir bhi Bharatmata ki jai bolna to hamara dharam hai na?
Message 6 of 6
latest reply
Group details
fooling by paisapay guarantee
fooling by paisapay guarantee
97 members Open Group Since ‎19-08-2013 02:49 PM