cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understand the proposed changes to eBay feedback Policy - 22 July (6 -7 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

As you must be aware, recently eBay has announced the following important changes in the feedback system:
• Neutralizing feedback left by members who don't participate in issue resolution processes
• Removing feedback from users who are indefinitely suspended within 90 days of registration
• Requiring new members to complete a tutorial before leaving neutral or negative feedback

This workshop is aimed at helping you understand the implication of the proposed changes in the feedback system going forward. Staff members from eBay International Trust and Safety team will be available to answer your questions regarding the same. We look forward towards your active interaction in the workshop.

Host: eBay staff
Date: Friday 22nd July
Time: 6.00 to 7.00 PM (IST)

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

namastecalcutta
Community Member
Hi,

There are few choices to make ebay better to control problems over feedback :

1) The old baazee staffs should be employed again to control the feedback system. They did understood the problem. Or
2) You can implement the old baazee rating system where buyers and sellers can change the given rating within specific date.
3) -ve rating should be removed if given by buyer when the seller opted for UPI and he has been given Fee Credit.

Regards

Punam
Message 2 of 38
latest reply

manojelectricals
Community Member
YOu should employ the baazee.com policy of having a good ratio of negative and positive rating. This is to ensure that a seller's interest are protected and his account is not suspended, just because a couple of sellers leave neutral or negative feedback for issues that can't be resolved at all.
Also, there should be an option for buyers to edit their rating.
Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Kind Attention
Ebay India Team

Dear Ebay Team,

The feedback policy on eBay India is real bad. Or should I say the worst thing on EBay.

I have a few things to say that in my opinion should be changed.

New users/buyers on eBay India who are totally unaware of feedback policy should not be given any option to leave neutral or negative ratings to sellers till their positive feedback reaches 10.

Now Why this should be changed?
Answer : Some new users gives neutral ratings or negative ratings just to say payment sent product not received / product is ok / product delivered / account number not given / or something similar like that.
Without even thinking once what could be the impact of this rating on seller's feedback.
They don’t even think that they should have personally emailed the seller before leaving such feedback.
We the sellers on eBay work real hard , we work day and night not to receive such unfair ratings or feedbacks for our hard work, from new users who not even care to withdraw their feedbacks.
I must say that till a user get's atleast 10 ratings should not be allowed to post a neutral or negative rating to any seller.

However the rules for item not received or not as described will still be available for all. So that new users don't have to face any problems with sellers, they can still open a dispute when they do not receive an item or they don’t get what was expected.
But as they are new and don't have complete knowledge they shouldn't be given this option to leave any comment except positive feedback.

This will be surely a great help to all sellers who work real hard on eBay.

Some new features should be immediately started to increase number of ratings (feedbacks) & Buyers on eBay.

I would like to say that buyers should be given some rewards i.e. when a buyers feedback reaches 10 then he'll be able to leave neutral or negative feedback and will also get Rs. 10 discount when he makes his next purchase and In the same way Rs. 50 discount when his feedback reaches 50.

In this way buyers will buy more and will also leave feedback on the items they buy.
I never leave feedback for buyers till they rate me first. So, if they give feedback to us on eBay then they'll receive the same from us,
& once this scheme is launched then the buyers will leave comments fast & would also ask for the same from sellers so that they reach to the desired score and get free gift from eBay India or some discount on their next purchase. This will be a great help to all sellers.
I sell over 30 products per month but my current feedback is just 145, really unfair. Buyers don't care to leave feedback.
But if the above said schemes are implemented it will surely increase sales / feedbacks/ buyers.

I HOPE ALL SELLERS OF EBAY INDIA WILL SUERLY AGREE WITH ME.

PLEASE EBAY SELLERS DO WRITE WHAT YOU FEEL ABOUT MY POST.
OUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESSTIONS ARE REAL IMPORTANT.
°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°May God Bless You Always°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
Message 4 of 38
latest reply

harryfashion
Community Member
Why discuss it, just do it, a much needed effort from ebay's side.

Why cant we reply in more than 60 words to negative ratings, why cant people edit their ratings, is changing mind against ebay policy, is solving a problem and then giving the buyer a chance to edit rating voilating some ethics??????

Ebay is putting too many rules and regulations on their members , even when all members do not approve.
Message 5 of 38
latest reply

canamkhanna
Community Member
i do agree with all my co- sellers that this should be implemented at the earleist. I was a very good seller at baazee but due to bad policies of ebay i have chosen alternative sites to sell my items as ebay polocies had gone worst.

I hope that if these would be implemented i will be back on ebay with all my items for the great ebay buyers.

The feedback given by harry fashion is very much genuine and i truly agree with that.

Regards

sachin sood
Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Where is Seller Support?
As far as I have experience when ever you request seller support to review rating the answer is ready for all sellers

" We know you are correct we understand your problem but we are tied with the rules and we cant help you "

This is the most unfair way of dealing with genuine seller with excellent positive ratings and only complains if the case is genuine Ebay team understands but still acts in a most funny way which really discourages genuine seller and the time comes when a genuine seller says AB BAS

It is the sellers who are paying money for all special listings and because of stupid rules its costing sellers a lot.

Again I say Sellers strong union needed !!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member

Hello Ebay Staff!!!

Edition of rating was
a excellent feature in Baazee.com which Ebay doesn't have. I hope Ebay too will
have this feature.

user posted image

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

pahitole
Community Member
I agree with all my co-sellers. I also want to propose that if a seller has only paisapay as payment mode, they should not have to wait for 7 days to report an unpaid item. 3 days is more than enough waiting period. This is because Paisapay is instant payment. If a buyer can buy an item on the internet, they can pay for it immediately as well...no hassles of time taking process of going to the bank, posting the cheque/draft & such. This will allow seller to relist item quicker.
Message 9 of 38
latest reply

silconvalley
Community Member
I HOPE EBAY STAFF GETS THE TIME TO READ WHAT MY CO- SELLERS WHAT TO EXPRESS with best regards
SILIKONINDIA
with best regards
SILIKONINDIA
Message 10 of 38
latest reply