cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on how to use the new Sell Your Item form more effectively.

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All,

As you are all aware, we have launched the new Sell Your Item form. Some sellers now see the new form after clicking on the Sell Button on the eBay header.

We would like to share with you all the benefits of the new Sell Your Item form and also get your feedback.

We recommend you to try the new Sell Your Item form and post your experience and questions on this thread.

Host: eBay Staff
Date: Tuesday 18th July
Time: 4 – 5 PM IST

I look forward to interacting with you at the workshop.

Thanks and Regards,
Preeti
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Sellers,

We thank you all for your participation in todays workshop.

We are constantly looking for feedback and suggestions from your end to help us resolve all issues with the New Sell Your Item Form.

Please give us your experience with the New SYI form. If you have any more questions please feel free to post them here and I will try my best to respond to them at the earliest.

Thank you and Happy Selling!
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
hi preeti
thanks for the info
i have 4 accounts and in 3 of those i did have
the option to switch to the old SYI form
so i listed using the older form
but in this particular account i was not able to switch to the old SYI form
On a specific complaint , it has now been resolved and i am able to use the earlier SYI form
I can understand that going forth i have to use the new form
but right now it is very very cumbersome as using the new form gets my computer hung repeatedly
and i also find it slow , may be others would differ ,
but i am comfortable using the earlier form and will wait till
some changes are made and use the tested version rather than this BETA form

Regards

http://www.stores.ebay.in/hi2k-georgettes

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

jai_y_99
Community Member
HI there , my name is Jaidev Yadav this my first time as a seller i have a put up a digital camcorder sony 201 dvd on for sale on the process of cheaking it, i have seamed to trigger another sale of the similar item ( which is not there), how do i cancel this order. kindly help me , i would be happier if could speak about it in a toll free phone or some thing.my no is 9880333557. I am quite anxious our it hoping that you help in this regard. thanking you. yours sincerly Jaidev
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello jai_y_99,

I would first like to apologize for the delay in responding to your query.

With regards to your question "i have seamed to trigger another sale of the similar item ( which is not there), how do i cancel this order", you can get in touch with your buyer and inform him of the cancellation and also share your reason for cancellation.

At the same time you should file an Unpaid Item dispute against the buyer and specify th exact reason for the filing the dispute.

eBay will then get in touch with the buyer and find out the status of the transaction.

What happens once you file an unpaid item dispute?
You will face any of the following scenarios once you file the dispute.

1. The buyer responds stating you'll have mutually agreen to cancel the transaction
- You will receive a transaction fee credit

2. Buyer does not respond within 7 days
- You should close the dispute and get a transaction fee reversal

3. Buyer responds for clarification
- You should get in touch with the buyer and inform him of the exact reason for cancellation.

You can file an unpaid item dispute from your My eBay Dispute Console section.

To know more about how to file an unpaid item strike against your buyer, visit the following link.
http://pages.ebay.in/sellercentral/upi.html

I hope this helps you cancel the transaction.

In future you should also make sure to specify the quantity available for sale so that you can fulfill transactions as orders come in.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello runalaila_in1,

I am glad to know to that your specific problem with the New Sell Your Item form has been resolved.

In case if you are facing any more issues, please feel free to post them here as your feedback will help us improve the new Sell Your Item form.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

turkeyguzzard
Community Member
It simply doesn't work for me, despite hours and hours of effort on my part. If made mandatory, I will just have to leave eBay, after having sold over 500 lots. The latest kink is that the Gallery image option doesn't open to provide a place to type the URL. Why do we need this stupid thing. Well, I guess someone got a promotion for creating it and management cannot admit it is flawed.
Message 26 of 26
latest reply