selling real diamond jewellery

sandeep_patel8022
Community Member
hi i m sandeep and i deal in real diamond product from ahmedabad and i want to sell my diamond product on ebay but no couier company is ready to shipp diamond product so any one please tell which couier company shipp diamond product international and in india(domestic)
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

selling real diamond jewellery

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

based on my personal experience: Many courier companies do not accept expensive jewellery due to possible loss of expensive item.

Most of the courier branches are franchises of a well-known courier company, and since they are small entrepreneurs, it becomes difficult for them to justify/absorb significant losses in case of loss of expensive item. They usually prefer to ship for people on whom they have faith and who will not cheat them by lodging false complaints of goods lost in transit. If you are recommended by a person who knows you as well as the courier guy, the courier will be probably more comfortable shipping for you.
Also, one needs invest in packaging, so that it is difficult for any one to understand that it is jewellery. An eBay seller i know of, puts the jewellery box in ordinary box (Mithai ka dabba), along with lot of crumpled paper.

the he covers the box with cloth, stitches and seals it with his own seal, to ensure that it becomes difficult to hamper with the packaging.

The above is based on my personal experience and may/may not work out for you. However, do keep us updated of your progress/experience.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 2 of 2
latest reply