selling on ebay india is really a headache

vikasintlcom
Community Member
I have many unpleasant exp. selling on ebay india.here is one of the examples.
1.One buyer purchased wireless keyboard+mouse and we sent as per we described on listing page in perfectly working condition.(we check before we dispatch).
2.he got the item and said its not working at all.
3.I am an computer expert and when I check the items there is no possibility its defective.
4.but we accepted the return from him saying that if we found its working we will return it to you and you will have to pay return charges.
5.and ofcourse it was working now the buyer said no I dont want that item I want an exchange.
6.we simply said you have lied once so we dont trust you we are ready to give exchange but you have to come to our office check in front of us and collect the items.he is frequent visitor to mumbai.
7.he is not ready ...so we didnt send him exchange whats the guarantee he will not repeate the same non sense again and return the items saying its not working.
8.now he went for purchase protection and ebay decided the dispute in his favor.
9.when I checked ebay purchase protection prog.I found following."What is "Significantly Not as Described"?
An item is "significantly not as described" if the item varies greatly from what was described in the item listing. This does not include cases where the buyer is disappointed with the item and/or it did not meet the buyer’s expectations. The condition of the item must affect its value or usability to fall under the "significantly not as described" category. If the buyer and seller cannot resolve the issue on their own, eBay will ultimately determine whether the item is "significantly not as described."
10.in short this protection doesnt cover the items which are same as desribed on listing page.if it doesnt meet buyers expectations that it doesnt mean they shoud favor the buyer.
11.now ebay is forcing us to return the money even though the buyer never asked for refund of money he simply asked for exchange of items.
12.fellow sellers dont you feel ebay is acting as dictator ?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: selling on ebay india is really a headache

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Yes, These are really complecated issues to handle. Normally Wireless Keyboard + Mouse doesn't work in all computers. (Win 98 / 95, or the Buyer hasn't installed the drivers properly).

A perfect transaction will become only when both the seller and buyer has trust. Buyer patience is also a must and should not report to eBay if the seller is prompt is helping the buyer one way or the another.

Telling to eBay about this problem is no use.

The best option is, check your item in different platforms like Win 98 or a older systems. If its working, then convince the buyer to upgrade his system or configure them with the help of some computer hardware engineer. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

vikasintlcom
Community Member
Thanks for reply,
now ebay says we have to refund item cost even though buyer asked us to exchange the item with rechargeable batteries and charger.
So ebay is imposing their decision on us whats your opinion should we return the item cost or face the actions by ebay?(i.e. suspension etc.)
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Burning Fingers are better than Burning the whole body.

Its the buyer who has claimed the refund and thats why eBay is asking you to refund.

So if the buyer is not intrested, then refund the money. Some times these things happen and you should be positive and think that its a kind of experience. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

ashr4919
Community Member
Yes. You have on other option. He you try to overrule the decision of ebay, them they have a straw to suck the funds from your account to theirs. I ain't sitse of this straw in ebay india but its really there where paypal is involved. And that straw is actually the T&C of paypal which gives them the right to suck the funds.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

we sellers are bad, buyers are irresponsible, and EBAY is a 420.

i'm a seller on here, but i suggest people not to buy.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply