cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item sold on 2 June, confirmed on 6 June, still remittance put on hold

I am not a regular seller, I only sell used electronics occasionally. I had sold an item on 2 June and it was confirmed on 6 June, even before eBay's notification came out. It was due today but eBay has put my remittance on hold. The notification says that items delivered before 30 June will be processed. Why did you put my remittance on hold? I need my money urgently. Please fix it.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: item sold on 2 June, confirmed on 6 June, still remittance put on hold

Similar Case on my end too. Ebay, please process remittance for goods sold and delivered before 30-Jun-17.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I am in same boat. I used to sell my old stuff, old phones, things I didnt want on ebay.

I am not a dealer. I sold an item on 6th June and delivered (confirmed ) on 10th. Before the GST mandetory notification email was sent to me on 13th.

As this sale is before the GST rollout, Ebay should ideally be paying me the amound due which is in excess of 33k  on 3rd of July.

But ebay has put my remittance on hold like yours.

I dont know why this remittance should be stopped regardless of GST as our sales are before the notification as well as before GST rollout by government.

Ebay has no right to hold this payment.

I understand I wont be able to sell anymore on ebay without GST, but that shouldnt stop ebay from paying me my previous dues.

On top of it, there has been no clear reply to my query by ebay over phone or though email when I contacted them.

As an individual who does not trade, its not feaseable for me to get GST just so that I can sell my old items I dont want on ebay. That does not make sense. So I am ready to stop selling, but for ebay to block old payments, is downright illegal.

Ebay really needs to clear the dues of sales before 30th june fast to avoid legal trouble as technically they are holding payment without any legal reason and are liable for interest for holding payment beyond the scheduled remittance cycle.

I really hope they clear these things up quickly. These are not small amount for individuals like us who are not dealers.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

hi...i am also stuck with the same issue of remittance put on hold for the sales before june 30th what i made....even i to am not a dealer ...just a casual seller....

any update on the reittance issue from ebay....did anyone geta reply for that?
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You know what is worse? They have stopped responding to emails sent to them regarding this issue.

What kind of unprofessional behaviour is that?

I have sent them 2 emails last week and 1 on monday. Telephone agents have nothing new to say or update on this matter as to why remittance of items sold in June first week is put on hold.

No reply to emails. At this point, ebay is committing financial fraud by not releasing these remittances. 

My sale and delivery was completed before ebay notification regarding GST. So there is no legal reason to hold my remittance.

I am wondering if we should be joining forces and complain to commerce ministry regarding this. GST was meant to make things simple, and companies are just using it to hold on to money that they have no right to hold and earning interest and money on it themselves.

I will wait out this week, if no resolution, I think we need to take legal steps regarding this matter.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

There is a MOCi Seva by Commerce Ministry on Twitter. Each affected person should separately make a complaint. Hopefully Madam Sitharaman will take note.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Yes, I am aware. I will wait till end of this week for ebay to resolve this or else I am contacting Commerce ministry on Monday.

Wont be waiting longer than that.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@techtadka wrote:

Yes, I am aware. I will wait till end of this week for ebay to resolve this or else I am contacting Commerce ministry on Monday.

Wont be waiting longer than that.

I am keen to know whether you've contacted the Commerce Ministry or you've received your remittance from Ebay? My remittance has also been put on hold illegally by Ebay for June transaction and I am also in the same boat as you are. I wish to follow your steps.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

akp.nitb
Community Member
Same case with me also.. I had done a one time selling which got delivered on June 21; the date for next remittance is 17 july but my remittance status already shows 'suspended'. Should I wait? Or complain on ministry website?
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

i'm on the same issue like urs.. our transaction r finished before 20th june, without sending any messages they put on hold my account..
Message 10 of 10
latest reply