how irresponsible canone be?????????

highskyindia
Community Member
Just see an example of how irresponsible can buyer be and we sellers will be paying for it.

item sold---------25th Nov 10
item shipped ----27th Nov 2010
INR filed ----------Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 10:46 AM
Buyer called on phone personally by me -----------Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM

brief points of conversation..

ME--Hello Sir, you have still not received the item?:O
BUYER—No.
ME--But you never informed me , you could have communicated with me before filing the INR.
Buyer-- I am sorry I was out of station of past 10 days , my house was locked.
Me--........Speechless.......
Buyer--But the item is not even delivered to my neighbours, I have checked.
ME--Sir the courier boy is not supposed to deliver the item to your neighbours ,If you wanted that you should have informed me earlier.
BUYER--- But in Ebay there is no option to get the item delivered to the neighbours.]:)
ME--...(again speechless)(thinking in my mind that there will never be)
ME-- Ok now that you have not got it, and the item has not been returned to me as well , let me check this out.
Buyer----- OK..... Fine.......bbbbut by the way, I live in a remote place in T.N. and only professional couriers deliver here no other courier will be able to deliver here.:-(
ME-- .....(planning to pull my hair, as I had shipped via DTDC)...thinking....Oh God ,why did he buy from me??.......but sir why didn t you warn me earlier, I could have made arrangemnets.
Buyer--- Dont worry, the courier guys cant just run away with items like that, they will return it to you.
ME------yes sir espically DTDC....Ok forget it ..I will give you a refund. X-(
Buyer--thank you , once I get the refund I will again buy this item from you
ME--Speechless.:|

at the end of the day I will be penalized and buyer rewarded for this...:_|

Dont you think its high time ebay should make a move to educate buyers....

Akash

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

In my item Listing (Item number:180587291219 ) this was clearly written that the item will be dispatched only through Bluedart or Aramex only.
So i told the buyer that the item will not be shipped due to non-availability of any of these mentioned courier service.

The Buyer asked to shipp through DTDC. We told the buyer about our past experiences with DTDC are not good as the items from the packets were stolen. And as the value of this item is Rs.690 so we will not ship the item through DTDC. The Buyer asked us to ship through DTDC at his OWN RISK.

The Item was disptatched on Saturday, November 20, 2010 through DTDC C.No. Z15543689 for KULLU -175134(HP)
The web tracking results showing item at AMBALA APEX, AMBALA but no information about the packet where is it.

in Between the buyer also filed a ITEM NOT RECEIVED case (although he asked us to ship through DTDC at his own risk) and the REFUND was approved.

Contacted Several times DTDC but no Response.

Now i have lost the item and the Money too. This could be avoided if i have not shipped through other than Bludart & Aramex.

shivamemory_logo_small
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ highskyindia

Same thing -"Educating Buyers" we had recommended to Mr Sharad on that Open house discussion Discussion.

Reply was-

" Today, people shop online for convenience & deals, if you make the shopping experience cumbersome and time consuming, by asking them to go through various tutorials eBay may turn up being least preferred site. "

That time taken for a tutorial, will be an investment, which will not only help sellers but it will also make things easier for buyers . You can reward buyer for completing tutorial by giving him a welcome coupon which is even being given now.

Learning how to use a system does not makes a system cumbersome. It actually makes system and user fine tune and understand each other. Buyer's call us for things like- how to leave feedback, how to see other items in their size, and even how to pay for the item.

We do help them and guide them, but there are many times they dont know what to do and how to contact and resort to the dreaded -"negative/neutral" feedbacks. See our last negative feedback, Its been 7 Days a buyer in Begusarai has not received a parcel, which we had dispatched within 24 hours from order. For letting us know that he has not received the parcel he left a negative feedback. Had buyer known how to contact seller, things would have been less "Cumbersome" for us both.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

oriflame_in
Community Member
DTDC is crap ! I have lost 2 of my customers coz of them !
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Hello,
highskyindia and fellow sellers eBay has expanded
its payment option and sellers are getting orders from remote place be careful handling each and every transaction at this time once you get an order from a remote place please contact the buyer and ask for the options available at buyer place even you can expect last option left like registered post.Dtdc too doesn't have huge coverage in interior parts of states.

With regards
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

In my opinion the seller should check the pincode of the buyer before sending the item. How can you send the item without knowing if DTDC courier service is present or not at that pincode. For remote locations or odd pincodes, I check on the DTDC website and then confirm again with the buyer if the service exists or not and only then I send the parcel. If it is not serviced by DTDC and if the item is such that speedpost will accept without any issues then I send by speedpost otherwise I issue a refund right away. I believe that it is mandatory for the seller to check pincode before sending or at least confirm the same with the buyer.
RajElectroniks
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

present2011
Community Member
god save sellers from silly buyers
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

highskyindia
Community Member
actually we dont have an account with DTDC because of previous bad experiences ( Parcel lost and mishandling).
so now whenever TNT, bluedart refuse a packet because of non coverage , we just hand in to DTDC with cash payment ,
which they gladly accept.
But now we are using speed post , and when ever we use speed post we join our hands and say a prayer for the safety of the packet, because everything is RAM BARSORE in this country, but the best part is that most of the times our prayers are answered.
Akash
for HSI
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Dear friends,
Use bubble wrap sheets to pack your items well. Use multiple layers, it is very very cheap.

This way, no matter how the package is handled, the items will be safe.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@prodigy_techus...

what's the cost of bubble paper roll, what's the available length and the width. Thanks
RajElectroniks
Message 10 of 14
latest reply