cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting Neutral feedback from New Buyers - a BIG BIG problem !!

Hi all,

i wish to draw your kind attention to the feedback system of ebay , which is really not so good now as it used to be sometime back.

the buyers are taking a good advantage of this system by harassing the genuine sellers who sell at most reasonable prices.

Most of the new buyers with 0 or less than 5 feedback leave neutral or negative feedback without considering the impact of their feedback on seller's profile. And in most of the cases, the feedback left by them is not as per the actual quality or service given by the seller.

The sellers should also be allowed to leave a negative or neutral feedback for the buyers. Moreover, the new buyers with 0 or less than 5 feedbacks should not be allowed to leave neutral or negative feedback without contacting the seller through ebay messaging system. the buyers should contact the seller at least once before leaving their neutral or negative feedback.

it should be made a mandatory action for the buyers to contact the seller through ebay messaging system at least once before leaving a neutral or negative feedback and the buyer should only be allowed to leave the feedback after at least 48 hours of sending the message so that the seller gets enough time to reply.

in most of the cases,the sellers are always ready to replace the item or refund the full payment. then why should they get negative or neutral feedback without any fault?

If the buyer contacts the seller with the problem, then genuine seller will definitely cooperate and will satisfy the buyer.

i request all genuine ebay sellers to put their experiences and advice in this post thread so that ebay comes to know what is going on here and how are sellers being harassed.

best wishes,

muteyaar
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Dear Sir,

Apart from above problem, a new phenomenum has cropped up in feedback system.
Sice few months, when new buyers are joining Ebay to buy,a new trend has cropped up. New buyers rarely leave Feedback to Sellers inspite of repeated reminders. In fact most of the new buyers do not have idea, how to leave Feedback. Many of them reply to our communication writing POSITIVE.

Last month, out of 13 sales with all good communications with buyers, only one buyer left Feedback, and remaining 12 didnot.

It proves, Ebay should think on this issue how to teach the buyers to leave Feedback.

One Solution coming to my mind:
Even after 30 days stipulated time, buyer do not leave Feedback, it should be presumed that buyer do not have any problem and an Auto Feedback should be given by Ebay.

Thanking You,
Ashok Agarwal
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

river4u37
Community Member
Yes you are right,! buyers are taking advantage and Ebay doesn't even care. It should be mandatory for buyers to contact seller first about any problems.
I made mistake in one of listing and when i realized bid was over, i contact buyer explaining i put wrong color and was willing send any color, she said refund me immediately
which i did, i offer my sorry for the mistake i even offer a free item, she left me neutral feedback even when i explained what happened.
I guest they don't even care how hard we try to keep feedback in good shape... :(.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

mpadhu
Community Member
Hi Friend,

Thank you for opening this topic.
I agree with you all. Buyers are coming back to leave only negative feedback. They are not bothered to leave a positive feedback once they are satisfied with the item.

For eg, if a seller sells 100 items. Buyers left feedback for only 20 transactions. If there are 5 negative feedback in that 20 feedbacks then the percentage will be just 75%.

Where as if all 100 buyers gives feedback and there are still same 5 negative feedbacks then the percentage would be 95.23%

Is this not a big difference?

There should be a complete revision of this feedback policy.
It seems like ebay is interested and concentrated only on buyers.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Sellers should always file an unpaid item dispute against a non payer:

http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/unpaid-item.html

Sellers should always add non payers to their blocked bidders list.

Additionally, set your buyer requirements in My Ebay > Account > Site Preferences to block bidders with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in the past 12 months.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

parth95
Community Member
The problem can be partially resolved if sellers are allowed to leave a feedback. ebay thinks that buyer brings money on the table by buying goods on its site and hence only positive feedback in buyers favour is allowed. Many a times buyers are unapproachable and give quick negative feedback and want a discount later on another transaction though not expressing it on mail.
Seller is some where dependant on ebay to sell its goods hence buyer is in driving seat and seller at receiving end. ebay should realise that improper negative feedback for seller will limit his chances for selling in future.
Ebay does not care , look at some fake sellers on ebay who everybody knows import items and then give it to buyer once buyer pays ebay. even when items are out of stock and seller unable to give buyer gives a negative rating which is correct but ebay does not bothers as these big time listings give them revenue to fill their coffers
Message 15 of 15
latest reply