Your views on Promoting Raksha Bandhan

sandyk@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Community Member,

Raksha Bandhan is around the corner, and to celebrate the occasion we will be extensively promoting special gifts on eBay.in

Some of the products / product categories that will be promoted during this period are:-
a) Rakhi
b) Puja Thalis
c) Jewellery
d) Jewellery Boxes
e) Other Jewellery Products
f) Ladies Watches
g) Home Appliances
h) Flowers / Hampers / Personalised Gifting / Greeting Cards / Travel and Vouchers
i) Paintings
j) Women’s Apparel and Accessories
k) Beauty and Health Products
l) MP3 Players
m) Digital Cameras
n) Mobiles
o) Other Electronic Items

We would love to get your views on the above as well as any product ideas that you think would sell in Rakhi. We would try to include those products in the promotion.

Keep the ideas flowing!
Regards,
Sandy
eBay India - Marketing

Regards,
Sandy
eBay India - Marketing
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

khannajewels
Community Member
Dear Sandy,

Would you be Kind enough to post/send us a list of all Such Festivals/special Days like father's days & others?

I think it will be helpful to prepare in Advance.

With Best Wishes
Ambesh Khanna

Khanna Jewels 🙂
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

sandes007
Community Member
Dear Mr. Sandy,

Greetings from ACE International!!

We would like to add our leather products and specially the Bean Bags as for gifting purpose of the buyers during the Raksha Bandhan Season. These are products from the range of Rs. 200 to Rs. 3000.
We also have a wide range of Rakhis priced from Rs.10 to Rs.15.(Add Delivery costs)

Please give me your feedback for the following.

Thank you.
Regards,
Sanjeet Desai
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

acelifestyle
Community Member
Further to our message posted earlier ... the search is now working for "rakshabandhan".

I think the hampers will work if they are promoted properly as they cover the whole range for brothers, sisters, bhaiya bhabhi and kids.

Regards
Percy Kasad
AceLifestyle

Live the life of an Ace ... Always!
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

anmol_kreations
Community Member
To,

EBAY INDIA TEAM

Well good idea to keep promoting....Rakshabandhan.
These Following items can be Promoted exclusively as well :

1.) Silver Tiny / Thin / or with CHARMs Bracelets are also Taking place in the Rakhi Season...this is the Latest trend that we have noticed in the recent Rakhi and Designer Jewelry and Dresses (Apparels) Exhibistion that concluded in Jaipur, last weekend, with record Sales..So, in the Specific Raakhi Promotion, where the actual Raakhi's will be promoted, these Silver Bracelets should also be promoted.

2.)Divine gifts : Like Ganesha Statues and all Things related Ganeshas can be Promoted as this is for Prosperity and Gifts. (ganesha is the MOST common, and most Appropriate God, that can be used in any form and is easily given as gifts.

3.) The evergreen "Loose Diamonds and Jewelry" should also be exclusively promoted here

4.) Any Jewelry with " FREE TANGIBLE GIFTS " CAN Exclusively Promoted here

5.) An Exclusive " GIFT IT To SOMEONE " Promotion can be held, where customers can buy somethings and give instructions to send it directly to their relatives in different parts of India and WORLD, so that we the EBAY INDIA SELLERS provide them this Facility of sending gifts directly, saving them a lot of time, and Efforts to send it themselves.

These are some of the Ideas to Promote specifically as well as effeciently with Unique Ideas. The Idea of HAMPERS have already been Discussed, which is definitely a good one.

The Cyberwiz

Anmol Kreations

Anmol Sparkys
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

goldmohour
Community Member
hi,
i genuinely think,shining british india silver coins can complement rakhi gifts ideally.
thanks,
pallav.
:^O
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

sandyk@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Community Members,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
It has been indeed valuable in giving insights on what needs to be promoted.
We have tried to implement most of your ideas and will try to do so in the future.
To visit the Raksha Bandhan Promotion Page, please visit:-
http://pages.ebay.in/promotion/rakshabandhan.html

Some points to note in terms of pushing your inventory:-
We are mainly promoting Buy It Now listings on this Landing Page.
You can list Rakhis in "Everything Else" Category. The keywords that could be used is
Rakhi or Rakhis
You can list Thalis in any category. The keywords to be used are
Thali or thalis

You can write back in case of any more clarifications.
Again, your feedback towards this promotion is most welcome.
Regards,
Sandy
eBay India - Marketing

Regards,
Sandy
eBay India - Marketing
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

indianstyles
Community Member
I would suggest ebay to start a link or a section where listing are listed for international buyers so they can easily find out what they are looking for and also if you can make some special shops where our listing are automatically listed international free of charge you can keep month fee high for those shops as all my items which are appeals which includes salwar ,saree ,and beaded footwear ,leather bags ,Jaipur handicrafts ,now I'm adding Kashmir stuff how can i upload each item in international l listing so it is better to add one more category for shops may be 3000 Rs - 3500 per month where we seller can list our item without and etc cost and we should be able to add pay pal
may be Anchor shop which will be in 3000 fee and seller can sell all his or her item international without paying anything etc well this my problem as i want to list all my item for international buyer in reasonable price as fed up this high fee
regards
Shalini Vohra
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Dear Sandyk,

It is surprising that whereas RAKSHA BANDHAN is on 2nd August and Ebay has suddenly woke up and will start promotion from 27th July, only 5 days ago.

Do you think, all Indian sellers will include there items on 27th itself -- All buyers from India will buy on 27th and sellers will despatch on 27th and all courier companies will deliver before 2nd August.

What a joking promotion timing.
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STARTED ONE MONTH BACK.

Even most of the offline buyers have already sent there Rakhis whereas in online it needs more days.

Funny Promotion!
Message 18 of 18
latest reply