Why and How do I get Paypal Verification?

thewisdomcart
Community Member
Hi,

I sell books via Ebay (only in India). However, since the last few days, whenever I try to list an item, it says I need to get Paypal verified first!

The process includes:

1) Link a Credit Card / Debit Card to Paypal

2) Linking the Paypal account to Ebay.in

Now, the first step is not a problem. However, in the second step, the instructions clearly state that this facility is available only with ebay.COM ( and may be one or two more, but not ebay.IN)

I hav egone back and forth with customer service ( and the concerned department) 100s of times, but each time someone new answers the emails (which sorry to say, but i don't think they read) / or picks up the phone, and as a result, no one has been able to help me!

What should I do? Have some sellers experienced something similar? Any tips / advice for me?

Also, if someone from Ebay is reading this, could you please take a moment to help me?

I guess I can always start all over again, but I have taken pain, like all of us to build feedback over time, and I don't want to start all over if there's an option!

Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Paypal verification is only possible if you login to your id through ebay.com(or uk or au) not ebay.in. login and then go to accounts section and just follow instructions for linking your Paypal to ebay.

I don't understand what is the problem, get yourself verified. The whole process takes about 3-5mins only.

Additionally you can refer the help pages on ebay.com.

******************************* Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi,
No PayPal for mother India.We have another good ebay company called PaisaPay here that takes care of us.That process is entirely different.
You get PayPal button in all other sites.
PaisaPay should have 'Request Money' button.But they dont seem to listen to constructive advice.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
Hi thewisdomcart i do not understand.If you are selling in ebay only then they would never ask to get PayPal verified.I hope you are offering International shipping then.Go to ebay.com and then sign in using you ebay.in Id and password.The same id and password is applicable for all ebay sites (i.e, ebay.co.uk ebay australia) everything.Hope this helps.Once you get PayPal verified you can finish this step easily and do not forget to offer PayPal for International transactions.Because transit problems do happen and if you are offering PaisaPay the money may get refunded to the buyer and the buyer gets the shipped item also and its the sellers who will be in loss.I have read a lot of stories such in ebay forums.Hope this helps.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thewisdomcart
Community Member
Hi All, thanks for the feedback. I was able to get the verification done after logging in on Ebay.com. it took a while, but I am so glad to be able to sell again on Ebay!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply