Turbo Lister is EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW !!!!

thethirdi
Community Member
Hi

This is a really serious problem that i have been facing with Turbo Lister !

Although it is very feature-rich, it is nonetheless VERY VERY VERY VERY slow. If you have around 300-400 items or less in your TL inventory, then you will not feel the pinch.

But the real nightmare starts if you have more than 1000 items. I have more than 3800 items in my inventory, so you can well imagine that the nightmare is WORSE than EVIL DEAD !! And i am not exaggerating at all...

1. Cut and paste from one folder to another takes not less than 60 minutes. Firstly, when i cut or copy, it take around 30-35 minutes. Then when i paste to the destination folder, it takes another 30-35 minutes.

2. When i delete a folder or its contents, it again takes around half an hour.

3. When i am selecting my items in a particular folder and clicking on "add to upload", it takes around 40 minutes or so to get added to "Listings Waiting To Upload".

These were just few of the pains i have mentioned. But overall the software is killing slow in almost everything that i want to do.

This was not a problem when we had 300-500 items. But now it is almost impossible to work with TL.

I have an up-to-date version of TL.exe, with a decent computer with 512 MB Ram, Pentium III, Win XP.
Request everyone to give their views and expeience on this please !

Regards
Abhishek
thethirdi

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

dollclothesbygpa
Community Member
I have used Turbo Lister for 8 months. It only got "excruciatingly slow" when I was advised by support to download a "complete version". I did and it is a complete disaster. Constantly crashes upon loading, have to change user before it gets past account verification.

Here is an answer. Don't use Turbo Lister. Try the free INKFROG appi to see if your experience is better. I flew through my test run. May have to pay for an upgraded version, but you will know if you like it the first listing. I LOVE their templates. Very sales oriented.

Good Luck To All.
Terry
Message 31 of 42
latest reply

verodiatrading
Community Member
Turbo lister is an extremely faulty software. I hope ebay improves it, there are too many faults in there. You have to somehow get your way out.
Message 32 of 42
latest reply

butchcasually
Community Member
I may have the solution for Turbolisters slow performance.
Photos.....
Fill in the form first, make sure everything is correct then put the photos in LAST and save.
It is only now that it slows down. But doing it this way you only have to wait once, not every click of the mouse.

Hope this helps
Message 33 of 42
latest reply

gardinerg
Community Member
I completely agree with the OP and other posts. I am a software development manager and have been for the last 10 years.. and writing software for over 2 decades.

eBay's TL2 is the slowest piece of software I have ever seen. From editing items to selecting images. I only have 11 items in my inventory!! No wonder I don't sell many items I just don't have the time, LOL.

Do they not know anything about optimisation or software design? WOW!!
Message 34 of 42
latest reply

inhootca
Community Member
Try deleting everything in your activity log. That speeds up loading photos at least.
Message 35 of 42
latest reply

603guitarman1983
Community Member
I found this on another board and it worked to speed up Turbolister2

1. delete everything in the activity log
2. delete everything in the inventory

I found that I didn't lose anything because everything is still in the "listing activity"

It was like a miracle how fast it works now.

GL
Message 36 of 42
latest reply

sugarroll
Community Member
I honestly think that TL is timed.

I had two listings that were completely different, as in number of photos, info etc etc.

it took 25 seconds to get the edit window open.

It took 6 seconds between rotations of the pictures.

I think it is timed to be slow so people don't post so much, so often.

:P
Message 37 of 42
latest reply

I use both a C2D Laptop and a workstation that is 8c, 16t 3.1GHz Xeon, 64GB DDR3, SSD, the works...the workstation speeds things up but it's still ridiculously slow and uses no resources...horrible software.
Message 38 of 42
latest reply

jb_games
Community Member
My ebay Turbo listed 2 is so slow. Can anyone tell of something else I can use?
Message 39 of 42
latest reply

johnkrause
Community Member
Yes, Deadly slow program
And I keep the inventory trimmed to just active items.
Once sold, and unless I think there might be a small chance I will sell another similar, it gets deleted.
So, inventory size is not a real factor.
Poor coding seems to be.
Message 40 of 42
latest reply