Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trust and Safety - Headon Accident for the sellers

pda-cafe
Community Member
hi,
My first Question to Ebay:

Are your sellers aware of the fact that "inrswebhelp@ebay.com" doesnt receive the attachments that you send to them.
For the very first claim ever raised on my account, i received the email form trust and saftery as below:

Thank you for responding with regards to claim # 1XXXXXX.

In order to further investigate this claim, we ask that you please
provide us the following document:

1) Proof of Shipping - any postage or shipping receipts, tracking
information, or any other documentation or evidence you may have that
shows the merchandise was appropriately shipped to the buyer.

2) Proof of Merchandise.

The acceptable evidence can be:

- Copy of Title
- Copy of Bill of Sale
- Copy of Receipts
- Copy of Agreement with Supplier
- Copy of Shipping Invoice

You can fax the requested document to:

Please send the attached documentation to this email address:

mnl.sea@ebay.com

after sening them the email. I wait and and a montha later eabay settles the claim in favour of the buyer stating that i havent responded !!!!.
when i inquired aout the emails i had sent to them with th e attachment this is the response.
Inrswebhelp@ebay.com: we cannot receive any attachments, they get deleted." oops Ebay: you never told me this.
On the other email id they said: "we cannot trace your email Also what you have sent on the mnl.sea@ebay.com cannot be traced"
:-(

this way i meet the dead end . thats my "Trust and Safety - Headon Accident"
Finaly: this is the best on that proved to me that they actually donet read the email and definately dont action on them when they do read.
I was asked to pay a sum of money as Purchase protection claim on 9th of MAy. which i did pay and the cheque was cleared from my bank on this monthe 16th Jun.
on 25th June, I receive another email from them Asking to pay , this was the replica of the same email that i had received earlier on may 9th.
Thats Ebay Trust and Saftey - Head-on accident.

Now the seller:
Firstly he did not pay for the shipping insurance but expected me to pay for the loss. my refusal earned me a negative Rating, Obviously.

then he got his assocaite to buy an item and leave another negative feedback.

Finally he raised the false claim "Item significantally not as descbribed " instead of "Not received" and got his claim passed because of our so called "Trust and Saftey -my Headon accident".

that's my story of Ebay
I think i should go off this portal where the so called trust and safetry team doesnt even look into the merit of the case and just passes an ad-hoc claim.

lastly dont waste your time contacting the helpline.
they are like toothless tiger, can roar but can make any kill or imapct on the case.

Need your views on as to how should someone at ebay be woken up and shaken up to get their attention on thsi case.

its a fantastic trading platform where genuine sellers like me and you have place until some smart buyer puts us up for "Headon Accident"

Regards
vijay
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

In Recent times eBay has not been treating its sellers well. Even after submitting the POD for chargebacks they do not process the credits & give a lame excuse that due to technical problems it will take some more time to process the credits.

This is a platform where sellers come together to offer products at reasonable prices. eBay sometimes forgets that the sellers & eBay are in it together. If they keep loosing good sellers then they are actually loosing out to competition. There customer service team also is useless. I get so many calls from my customers every week about the inefficiency of CS. If this kind of behavior would have been done in USA then people would have sued the hell out of eBay. Just matter of time when sellers would become smart as well & then eBay would have to pull up it socks & revamp their way of handling sellers.

It has been over 2 months & eBay has still not settled my charge back case (Paisapay id :- 23937059072). Who says it is modern world... somethings still take ages to resolve. 😉
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

pda-cafe
Community Member
Hi,
Thanks super.shopper for responding,

oops i forgot ... its another case that i have where i have a chargeback inspite of submitting the POD.
but i would just let it pass rather than mention it because its of no use of taking to the CS. i am frsutated X-(
to an extent that i have not even raised a qwery on this pod case till date with them.

?:|

btw, would like to comment on the questions, i have raised on my case above..

Regards
Vijay
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

pda-cafe
Community Member
Knock ... knock...
Anybody from Ebay to Comment on this
???/

Ebay id: pda-cafe
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

techguru.india
Community Member
Dear all,
ever since ebay out sourced its paisapay department it has become a useless and worthless system
chargeback are not revered even after providing proper pod and tracking on the website is clearly stating as product been delivered
i regret the option of outsourceing the paisapay system has made
people at other end are not qualified enough to handle cases and understnad only one thing do not put paispay at a loss even at the cost of a buyer or seller
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

heygates_in1
Community Member
Just got my account restricted for eBay fee circumvention policy. Because I offered to try & match the price of the item available elsewhere online by sendin' the link thru "Ask the seller" option. Just when I thought I knew the policies & adhered to it like a gospel truth.

Fees breakup:
Item listing: Rs. 1
FVF: Rs. 1.7

Rs. 2.7 circumvention which I didn't intend to nor did at the first place. Sweet.

I spoke to a better-than-average CSR who found no anomaly in my listings & found my account in very good standin' otherwise. He also said that these were controlled by their US team & at the best he could send them an email & that I should do the same (inrs*). The eBay.in CSRs like pda-cafe said are for informational purposes only & have got negligible access to any actions.

I received a reply tellin' they were reviewin' the case. That was four days ago. I miss the old Bazee.com so much more now.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

basco4u
Community Member
Hey Guys,

We have been selling online on ebay.in (nee baazee.com/bidorbuyindia.com) since the last 9 years.

The issues mentioned by the sellers are genuine but ebay Trust & Safety personnel do try & resolve the issue on a case to case basis.

If proper Proof of Delivery (POD) is sent to the right dept. (paisapaycb@ebay.com) / paisapaypod@ebay.com) , the chargeback does get reversed in due time.

A followup phone call to the eBay Toll Free nos. regarding confirmation of POD email at their end would also help your cause.

The ebay personnel do try to get the work done in 10-15 working days.

Running such a big shopping portal, matters take time to be resolved as buyer/seller need to be contacted and reply sought via email.

I am not taking sides in this issue, just stating plain facts.

Looking forward to your comments & suggestions regarding the Chargeback issue.

Warm regards,

Ashok Bhimra
Tel:022-26851120
http://stores.ebay.in/basco4u
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

heygates_in1
Community Member
I agree with Vijay. On the whole they are quite responsive & reasonably reasonable.

And I can't blame them for them bein' so pro-buyer.
While SNP/INR issues are complex & take time to be sorted out because of involvement of various parties (Seller, eBay, buyer), policy violations are less intrusive & large no. of complains can be reduced if they issued a warning for rectification to be acted on within 24-48 hours, after which they can continue with what they do presently.

Most sellers wouldn't violate a policy knowingly, and with such a large no. of them, of which many of them are updated, it's extremely hard for them to keep up with them.

If it gets complicated & mammoth like say The Constitution of India, sellers will need to hire dedicated people for it & eBay will loose the fun & easy click-click-done element.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

pda-cafe
Community Member
hi,
agree with you Bosco that they try to resolve.
But when it comes to trust and safety , talking to helpline is taking to a courier taking the conversation from here to there.
they have no powers to do anything.

look at my very basic Question: is a seller responsible for the goods lost in the shipping if the buyer decides not to pay for the shipping insurance?? Especially when the Seller has offered it as a option where the buyer has a choice.

Q2.> when a buyer leaves negative feedback out of his experience , its fine and right but when get his assoicate id to leave a negative feedback to destroy the sellers reputation on the trade. should be left scott free??
What action Ebay would take on such buyers or sellers apart from Removing such -ve Feedback.
When a Ebay user uses another duplicate id just to enhance his +ve feedback Rating to sell or Buy should they be left to trade on Ebay???

I request on comments on this very very vital Question to Ebay Trade.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear pda-cafe,

Thank you for posting on our community boards and taking efforts and time to share your experiences with us.

We understand from your post that you have had an unfortunate experience in one of your transactions and haven't been able to seek support on it.

I'd request you to allow me to take this case forward with the concerned teams and will post on the thread accordingly once we have an update on this issue.

I'd also like to comment on the question being raised on this thread by you which is 'Is a seller responsible for the goods lost in the shipping if the buyer decides not to pay for the shipping insurance??'

Whether or not shipping insurance is offered it is only justified that it's the duty of the seller to ensure that the product reaches the buyer safely and intact. Imagine a situation where you are a buyer who just bought an 'Air-conditioner' at an offline retail store and have paid in advance for which delivery is promised after 2-3 days. You only realise that the product was lost/damaged and you are asked to bear the cost. Will any buyer accept that (even if there was an option for you to insure the product at the store itself)?

Having said that, there is no denial of the fact that you have made efforts to make good the loss and we will definitely look into this and help you resolve issues with this transaction.

Thank you Ashok (basco4u) for your kind words and giving your unbiased comments on this discussion.

Keep Posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 10 of 10
latest reply