cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Goods abroad - Form PP Exchange Control

nitindb_india
Community Member
Hi,

I read somewhere that when sending any goods abroad via India Post, we would need to submit certain documents, including an Exchange Control form called Form PP. I also read that this form needs to be first attested by your bank...is this true for all parcel exports, however small the value of the shipment may be? Where can we get this form from?

What is the procedure for getting this 'form PP' authorised by your bank...what documents would the bank require in order to authorise it? Does this have to be done before mailing of the goods, or can this be done afterwards?

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter,

Nitin db
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Nitin,

PP Fom is available at the RBI.

The cost of the form is Rs.1.50

Yes, you need to get it attested from your bank.

When you send your packet through Post Office, One copy is received by you and the other is sent to RBI.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

You can get the PP Form at RBI. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

anmol_kreations
Community Member
Dear Nitindb_india,

Well you need NOT GET THE PP form used in all EXPORTS. Only the Exports done on CREDIT BASIS, needs to taken to the Bank and so on....All EBAY Exports will obviously be ADVANCE and Sales Basis Exports , hence things are Completely Simple here.

Check our International Selling and Internatioal Selling POSTS on the Community to see more details...
Do check our various other posts to find more information on Import and Export.....

Tarun Khandelwal

The Cyberwiz

Anmol Kreations
Anmol Sparkys
Anmol Wholesale
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

nitindb_india
Community Member
Hi, Thanks for your replies. Actually the problem I'm having is that the FPO in Mumbai is asking from me how I am receiving the money for the exports and want proof that I'm receiving money for these transactions in my Indian Bank account. But since I receive money through PayPal and it takes time for the PayPal money to be received in my bank account (I would usually wait till the amount is large enough to make it worth spending the withdrawal fee and, moreover, the cheque would also take time to arrive at my billing address), what proof could I give? They might not allow me to send any export post parcels unless I clarify this. My export transactions are normally less than Rs 20'000.

Thanks again for any help,

Nitin
Message 5 of 5
latest reply