cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller copying pictures & description, eBay c.c not taking actions

Dear sellers, a seller with different ebay id 'healthcare.in' & 'allindiaonline' has been copying my pictures & descriptions from my listings.

I have write a message to him to remove the those pictures owned by me. but he is irresponsibly answering that he is unaware about his listing contents and his staff only copied those listings and he said he will remove the copied contents.
But after a week time he made more than 10 listings which all been copied from my listings. I have send a complaint to ebay c.c through report item link. but ebay c.c replied a automated reply mail saying that the listing are not substantially similar.
Since there is no action from ebay, now he start listing the copied items in one more id. He has listed more than 6000 listings in which my copied listings are about 20. I dont know he may copied most of the descriptions from other small sellers like me only. Now only i started making water marking of my pictures, but my old images with out watermarking are still used by this seller.

All sellers . please beware with this seller, he may be also copied your listings also. we should be careful with this kind of few fraud sellers, when making listings, other wise your all hard work should be wasted, they simply theft your pictures and they start selling. eBay don't care about this kind of people, because they are earning fees anyway.
Buy branded tools at cheaper prices from http://stores.ebay.in/machpowertools
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

and-also
Community Member
why dont you mail them and ask for explanation as to why are they using your copied transcripts.if they donot heed to your requests, mail to inrswebhelp@ebay.com, but donot start a fight , resolve the things cordially and amicably.
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Put here all item numbers of yours as well as well as of the other seller.

And why eBay is not acting is easy to decipher, No brownie points for guessing why..
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Normally ebay dont respond to this issue
i had a similar experience
its just ebay say that member unknowing may had use ur image..that its

and max wud be his particular listing wud be remove on which u complaint
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

here is the list of item numbers being copied,

if you look inside the text & pictures are being copied, but he used some HTML codes & some animations of the pictures which i don't use.
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@berrynxt4u,
I have send message to that seller 'healthcare.in' at least three times, only once he responded
"Sorry for same pl give me your direct tel no or mobile no i will call you talk to you waiting for your positive response"
after that i provided my contact no. but i got some suspicious missed call from from a phone no. '0226655xxxx'
When i tried to call back some body picked up and kept silent.
After few days , the same item are being listed under a id 'ALLINDIAONLINE'
I have raised this issue to 'inrswebhelp' but the replied the same answer 'listings not substantially similar' for all my complaints.
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Hi just checked the first item number - 170549402383.

It has images which are not created or clicked by you. They are available in free domain , and can be even seen in google images. Maybe the product comes with a manual and has those images in them.

IPR protects you only if you are sole owner of the media.
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

please watch the item number # 170557516325 a clear proof that he included my shop name 'MACHPOWER tools' also in the description, which is being copied from my item # 140468240286.
This is a 100% proof that he done the copy from mine.
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@linusstudios, yes i have also used the pictures from the manufacturers website, i am not claiming ownership for those pictures. but in this item he copied the item description which is created by me & no where found in the web.
But i have included , some real pictures which is taken by me, at my place in most of the listings.
For example item #170557516325, the two large pictures inside the description, by looking closely on the background, i can prove that this pictures are taken by me.
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
Sir @machtool your copier is really good, he has made listings more beautiful then yours, howsoever, if any photos clicked by you, try taking from future self-prevention technique, use WaterMarking, in that way you will never have such problems, if anyone copies, inrs will easily make out, and have to minutely look into both the listings of yours and your competitors, then one could find a semblance of doubt, but its only a doubt, and on doubt the inrs will do nothing, it should be solid good proof.

Howsoever if future donot forget to watermark your IP, this way the proprietory of your IP can be proved or its very difficult to judge.
Message 10 of 25
latest reply