Seller Protection is a Joke on Ebay India

This is regarding a claim (eBay Guarantee Claim No.260241) raised against me by a buyer on Ebay India. The product in question is an HTC ONE X Mobile phone, worth 18700 (plus shipping). I had, as listed, provided the buyer with a brand new mobile phone. As buyers have been doing for a long time now (in connivance with Ebay India), the buyer opened a guarantee claim stating the item was old, when I had sent him a sealed packed NEW mobile phone. When the buyer could not prove that the phone was old, he started making trival claims like the charger is scratched, the phones "manufacturing" date, which he checked on some wierd chinese site, was old etc. Ebay India was swift and prompt to close the case in favor of the buyer (even though the Ebay service center guy Rahul Dev did not have any valid reason for closing the case in the buyers favor. In fact, he started the call by saying "Sir , the buyer has asked for a refund. So when can you process a refund to the buyer.....". After all this, the buyer returned me the phone and, it was no surprise, that the phone was broken (Even though the buyer had it only for a week). The back was cracked and the phone showed signs that it had been opened. It no longer boots up and there is no way I can use it, let alone sell it.

When I went searching on the Ebay India site, there is no option or button for Seller protection. When you go to

http://eguarantee.ebay.in/eg/SellerProtection

and click on Raise a claim, it only allows you to raise a claim on items you BOUGHT in the recent past. So it is obvious that this button, intended for seller protection, just takes you back to the Buyer Protection page.

After a lot of searching I come across a small line in their FAQ that says "mail sellerprotection@ebay.com" for Seller Protection. When I mailed them, there isnt even an automated response from Ebay (which BTW is a common thing for all Ebay mail ids, you GET an automated acknowledgement, AT LEAST). Shows very well that the seller protection mailbox is just a phony, and not monitored at all.

I hope Ebay India gets its act together before all of us sellers desert it, leaving it for what it really is becoming, just another scam site on the internet.

Hope this finds some responsible Ebay India members quickly before Ebay goes bust.

Thanks

Abhishek

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Seller Protection is a Joke on Ebay India

I quit the the service with eBay.
because the sellers have no protection. sellers become fools.
I sold an headset like Ferrari. the buyer raised a complaint that the item is not like he expected. I already mention in the ad. the delivery will based on in stock. buyer saying its a toy. I contacted him many times. but he lied on eBay.
my money lost. and shipping charge also lost
Message 41 of 52
latest reply

SAME HAPPEND WITH US TOO. EBAY HEARS TO WHAT EVER BUYER SAYS. SELLERS ARE THE ONE WHO LOSES AND BECOME FOOLS FINALLY

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

How to be safe?

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

PaisaPay ID ***

Product Details : Huawei ETS5623 GSM wireless Landline Phone FWT Unlocked GSM Landline Phone White - (***)

I ordered this product from Ebay and the seller is *** i.e., YOU. The product i received is not working.

So i raised a claim on ebay and ebay responded to me to contact the seller or contact the service center. There is no service centre operating for the huawei in hyderabad.

So i contacted the Seller and the seller told me to send back the product to their address below,

I have sent the phone back through First Flight Courier - Docket No.***

I have sent the courier bearing charges of Rs.560/- .

I have called the seller to inform him that the courier is dispatched. But since then he is not answering my call nor responding to me through mail.

I'm really fedup with ebay and their seller fraud practices. Will ebay take my concern serioulsly... NO... NOT AT ALL....

*** do fraud practices.... manuplations..... and even dump the buyers money by selling fault products and still shameless about their practices and talking in this forum.

Never trust ebay sellers. They sell on ebay platform only to sell off their fault products and the most funny thing is that they do not accept that their product is faulty one.

You will lose anything which you have gained in wrong methods.... This is for all of those F**** Sellers on ebay...

Never term buyer for being fraud... IT IS YOU.... THE SELLER WHO IS DOING FRAUD ONLINE IN EBAY.

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

so what ebay did regarding this claim? in ffavor of you? or buyer?

Message 45 of 52
latest reply

Is ur claim is been settled or not yet 

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

Seller protection is a total joke. Whatever you do ebay will take the support of buyers. 

Tips to reduce damage due to fraud.

1. Dont sell anything above rs.500( God help you if you go beyond that)

2. Keep aside 10% of profit margin for fraud. 

Maybe you can generate profit from ebay now.

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

same here, recently i sold items to 2-3 buyers and after some some they open case that items is not working. but before shipping we checked all items and it was working. and ebay closed case ithout any single query.

not buyers are not returning items. we should take action against them.

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

Sorry to say they Buyer have made first Damage False claim then They don't get any proof so they have find another idea to exchange after using the item.
You can clear see the Buyer id have not history and I'm the Sr and Good Seller on eBay. This type of Buyer I've Found in Past as well.
This is the Limit all Buyer after Using Item and Make It damage they calls for Seller Protection and Team guides them how to successfully do This. You can find the attachment screenshot of listing I've clearly wrote SSD and SSD fulfrom I've Wrote in Side. We can't get 500Gb direct from Apple means No model Available of 2011 500GB dedicated. It's only one way to make it 500gb It's SSD. I know Buyer is really Smart He knows this Trust and Meaning of SSD. He have after reading all instruction then Ordered after getting Mac His mind change so he have raised False claim of Item Damage then eBay have asked for Proof Buyer Didn't success now Buyer made one False idea to get money Back with This false claim. Dear I Love eBay and I'm always purchase and Selling item on only eBay. Hope dear anyone who is real eBay Team person help me. This is the Fraud case dear. If really some good people on earth and in eBay team I will Get help and win this claim otherwise Buyer have not long history. He will make another fake claim and get back his money all time with this type of Fraud activity. Please help me eBay. thank you waiting for your positive action dear

Claim ID: 2471257
PaisaPay ID: 44024861462

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

Hi Friends,

Please refer below points which I want to discuss about eBay claim support reality.

• Recent case of full refund to customer even without proper investigation:

PaisaPay ID: 44372159962

Item Number: 182390368931

Claim ID:  2580558

We usually have four days to resolve buyer concern but without proper investigation ebay guarantee team gave full refund to customer. Customer raised there complaint 27th Dec 2016 about different product received and ebay gave full refund on 30th Dec 2016. We sent same product which customer order to us. We provided Bill in which product serial number and model number was mentioned. I am experienced seller on ebay. Now, I am not able to apply seller protection because of ineligibility. After few hours I received email from ebay ; which containing information of below

“We had to cancel bids for the buyer, akshay0005, because they aren't registered on eBay:
182390368931 -“ but in reality I did not receive any bid even customer purchase product through buy it now. I suffered for Rs 525 loss which is without ethical judgement.

• Customer purchased 9 books set from us but ebay guarantee team gave full refund to customer even without discussing to seller. Customer sent us only one book instead of 9 books

Item Number: 182308894302

Paisa pay ID: 43886155366

Claim ID: 2424554

Many times, I tried to contact through ebay messages and phone call but I did not receive require support .  I suffered from Rs 2429 amount of loss.  

We need ethical judgement team. We are giving good business to ebay even we are doing our best to give good support to customer too some time i usually feel help us.

Message 50 of 52
latest reply