Seller Protection is a Joke on Ebay India

This is regarding a claim (eBay Guarantee Claim No.260241) raised against me by a buyer on Ebay India. The product in question is an HTC ONE X Mobile phone, worth 18700 (plus shipping). I had, as listed, provided the buyer with a brand new mobile phone. As buyers have been doing for a long time now (in connivance with Ebay India), the buyer opened a guarantee claim stating the item was old, when I had sent him a sealed packed NEW mobile phone. When the buyer could not prove that the phone was old, he started making trival claims like the charger is scratched, the phones "manufacturing" date, which he checked on some wierd chinese site, was old etc. Ebay India was swift and prompt to close the case in favor of the buyer (even though the Ebay service center guy Rahul Dev did not have any valid reason for closing the case in the buyers favor. In fact, he started the call by saying "Sir , the buyer has asked for a refund. So when can you process a refund to the buyer.....". After all this, the buyer returned me the phone and, it was no surprise, that the phone was broken (Even though the buyer had it only for a week). The back was cracked and the phone showed signs that it had been opened. It no longer boots up and there is no way I can use it, let alone sell it.

When I went searching on the Ebay India site, there is no option or button for Seller protection. When you go to

http://eguarantee.ebay.in/eg/SellerProtection

and click on Raise a claim, it only allows you to raise a claim on items you BOUGHT in the recent past. So it is obvious that this button, intended for seller protection, just takes you back to the Buyer Protection page.

After a lot of searching I come across a small line in their FAQ that says "mail sellerprotection@ebay.com" for Seller Protection. When I mailed them, there isnt even an automated response from Ebay (which BTW is a common thing for all Ebay mail ids, you GET an automated acknowledgement, AT LEAST). Shows very well that the seller protection mailbox is just a phony, and not monitored at all.

I hope Ebay India gets its act together before all of us sellers desert it, leaving it for what it really is becoming, just another scam site on the internet.

Hope this finds some responsible Ebay India members quickly before Ebay goes bust.

Thanks

Abhishek

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Seller Protection is a Joke on Ebay India

I have sold a LG OPTIMUS G PRO ON EBAY.buyer claims that the item not working and asking me to pay the repair fees of 2200 rupees. ( I checked the phone carefully before shipping there is no problem with the phone) I refuse to pay and ask him to open claim.He open a claim and ask for refund and agree to ship the phone back. Then he provide a return shipment no of DTDC courier ,without checking that the item has been safely returned to seller or else ebay approve his refund. The buyer send the courier to a invalid address after some days the courier returned to buyer.I called and e-mail several time ebay to help ,but there is no response from ebay. I sold the phone on - November 22/2014 Buyer calim after 7 days - november 29/2014 Now after around 70 days claim department says that the claim will be rejected.Buyer says the phone has not returned to him.courier company says item returned to buyer because of invalid address. I lost my phone as well as the money 15000/- I will never forget this type of service on ebay. Be carefull while selling on ebay.

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

Hi,

I have sold  used iPhone to buyer ( ***) he received item on 14 Jan 2015 , after 4 days he opened claim stating that item is not working & not as per description .  I asked him to provide proof but  no reply from him. Finally ebay claim adjuster called me & asked me to talk with buyer to resolve his issue i tried my level best but buyer make up his mind that he want refund . So as all knows ebay always support buyer so atlast i asked him to please return my iphone through some good courier & insure it but he told me in there area ( Sagar M.P ) no courier insure package . Now  he sent parcel through  Professional Courier & uploaded AWB on claim section stating that he sent item back. Now claim adjuster refunded him before parcel reach to me. Now here buyer played game  what he did , he sent me some broken lava phone instead of my iPhone. But luckily i opened pracel in front of courier guy so he knows that what i get inside package. I received parcel without any declaration , even on POD there is no declration that what parcel contains.  But AWB which uploaded by buyer showing declartion which he wrote afterwards even i had talk with Professional courier at Sagar M.P  Mr. Dhiren he told me he knows buyer & buyer never declared that parcel contain mobile phone as Professional courier never accepts high value stuff & mobile phone.  I am 100% sure buyer did fraud.

I applied for seller protection on 2/2/2015  & given all proof to claim adjuster to prove that buyer cheated on me. But still after week no satisfactory solution from ebay everytime i get reply our claim adjusted is investigating & claim is under process.

So conclusion is its very easy to do faud by buyer on ebay. So if you need free phone or any free stuff buy on ebay .

Please advise me what i can do ?

Message 32 of 52
latest reply

For paisapay id 38737263509

- Refund initiated  / done even after item has been delivered to buyer
- No intimation / mail was sent to me regarding buyer's refund request raised
- customer has left positive feedback after receiving item and refund for item

I sent mails to insellerverification@ebay.com and insellerprotection@ebay.com, but no reply from them.

I called endless times to ebay India phone support, but everytime I get an assurance of an early solution of problem.

Is something called Seller Protection does really exists in your company or is it just a term to attract and making fool to sellers ?

ebay is truely a cheater and dishonest organisation.
Message 33 of 52
latest reply

For paisapay id 38737263509

- Refund initiated  / done even after item has been delivered to buyer
- No intimation / mail was sent to me regarding buyer's refund request raised
- customer has left positive feedback after receiving item and refund for item

I sent mails to insellerverification@ebay.com and insellerprotection@ebay.com, but no reply from them.

I called endless times to ebay India phone support, but everytime I get an assurance of an early solution of problem.

Is something called Seller Protection does really exists in your company or is it just a term to attract and making fool to sellers ?

ebay is really a cheater and dishonest organisation.
Message 34 of 52
latest reply

I have tried the same, even after trying to raise a claim againt a buyer its simply not available. Its taking back to the products you bought which is for the buyers. Its utter bull**bleep**. 

Message 35 of 52
latest reply

Claim ID 1019411

First Customer Ordered 3 pcs of same item. When item received he complained that there was only one item . Even thought I sent 3 items I talked to him and decided to sent two remaing items by courier even though I had actually sent 3 items. I even had call recording of that. But even after recieving the items he complained that he had recieved no such items. And Ebay promptly issued the refunds. First I sent 5 items in place of three then even I lost the money too. And Ebay takes pride in issuing refund to help dishonest buyers.

Advice to all sellers. Dont sell on Ebay. These people are dumb, rude and hypocrites. Instead sell on other marketplaces

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

Horror stories every where on ebay.!! I have sold a processor for 12k, i hope my buyer is genuine. I think this will be my last sale on ebay.
Message 37 of 52
latest reply

Dear seller HERE IS MY HORROR STORY AS A EBAY SELLER Man Mad

I sold a 2tb seagate hd on ebay and after few days i got a call from ebay(I was out side at that time) saying that buyer opened a claim on me that he has received 1tb hard disk and he even uploaded the images on ebay claim page. After i went home and checked the pictures and shocked because he received a 1tb WD HD which i did not sell!! how?

I got realized that i buyer scammed me for the hard disk and contacted the ebay. the customer representative said that i need to provide any pictures that i have taken before shipping the parcel. Seriously!!! i sold around 10 hard disk that week how can i take pictures and videos of the parcel while packing it? how many seller are doing this? after that the buyer return shipped the package and ebay approved buyers claim

again i opened the claim on sellers protection. after 3days i received the buyers return parcel and came home and unboxed it. Guss what he send me a bunch of news papers in the box. As i know he is going to scam me i asked my brother to open the box and videoed it

I sent these images and videos to insellerverification@ebay.com. after that they called me when i was not near my phone and got below email

me.pngebay.png

so i have forwarded everything except " we would request you to provide us with the scan copy of formal complaint in writing that you have received the empty parcel with acknowledgment, seal / stamp of courier service" I asked the my local courier company for a written and they rejected my request saying that it is not their problem that i have got an empty parcel and i should contact the person whomever i sent it

So i have called ebay customer service and said the courier company is not providing any letter to me and he replied that i should provide whatever proof they have asked even though it is not available.+ HOW HOW HOW should i provide a letter that is not provided by DTDC courier agrrrrrrrrrrr! I just want to kill every one (Sorry sad)+

So they again closed the claim and i lost 7000/- what happens if i sold a iPhone 6 128gb and buyer receives a nokia 1100 128kb?

any suggestions? how i can get my money back from this **bleep** hole ebay? Please help anyone

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH

VIDEO LINK TO THE RETURN PACKAGE I GOT FROM BUYER

This is the buyer profile link. he even scammed another seller before me. check his profile rating

http://feedback.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=devedevxgiclnq&aff_so...

and ebay encourages him for this. ebay sho9uld provide negative review option for buyer too

i just want to hang myself for letting this scammer to do whatever he want

Check this link for more information http://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/topics/how-ebay-and-ebay-buyer-scammed-me-help?f=1&pag...

The only question killing me is!! HOW CAN I PROVIDE A LETTER THAT IS NOT PROVIDED BY DTDC COURIER OFFICE? Its like ebay is stabbing me with a knife saying that we are just poking you with a ear-bud

Message 38 of 52
latest reply

totally agree with you. Happened the same with me Man Sad. Please check this link  http://yy.reddit.com/r/india/comments/38wdh0/how_ebay_and_ebay_buyer_scammed_me/

Message 39 of 52
latest reply

Thankfully the buyer of my AMD processor is genuine person and he was in constant touch with me in whatsapp and has recd the package and has acknowldged item Recd.

Now coming to my earlier sale http://community.ebay.in/t5/Selling-on-eBay-India/fraud-buyer-scammer/m-p/140508#U140508

http://www.ebay.in/itm/AMD-ATI-6850HD-/261880293421? , the buyer put claim Item Not Recd. And at request of ebay i sent all the necessary documents , proof of delivery, to them and case was decided in my favour. I was really happy. But it did not last long.

Yesterday one Mr.sharma calls me, say he is from buyer Dept. and he is reversing the claim. I told him earlier the buyer dept has settled claim in my favour, ( as the claim was raised by buyer) how can they do this ? He said the buyer, is saying he has not got it, the documents provided by me does not have his signature.etc.,etc.,

Totally frustrated. for a sum of 5000/- i have to wait indefinte and like sword on my head, whereas i think buyer is enjoying the item purchased from me and wanting refund from ebay. I lose the card and also my  money.

Message 40 of 52
latest reply