Regarding VAT and CST registration

anwarazad
Community Member
Hello everyone,

I have a few queries regarding CST and VAT registration. I would really appreciate it, if someone who is experienced would answer these queries.

1. Is it required to have CST/VAT registration if I am selling used items, such as old tape recorders, cd players etc?

2. I believe you need to have a CST/VAT registration for retail selling on ebay. Is this true?

3. I have checked around with some friends who are business men, and had informed me that the cost of registration for CST + VAT is Rs.30,000/- for partnership firm, which includes Rs.25,000/- as deposit, and Rs.20,000/- for sole proprietors, which include Rs.15,000/- as deposit. (The deposits are refundable upon de-registration). Is this accurate?

4. Another information I received regarding requirements to apply for VAT/CST is that, you need to have a business 'premise'. I do not know how exactly they define 'premise'. Can someone explain? Is the requirement of a premise applicable for e-commerce oriented businesses too?

Would appreciate an input from the pinks too, if you aren't too busy.

Thank you so much for your time and your answers.
Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Regarding VAT and CST registration

I'm selling clothings on eBay. I would like to ship my items through powership program of eBay. My question is am I required TIN/CST nos to ship through powership . Please powership sellers give guidence to me

Message 51 of 58
latest reply

i had chatted with ebay no licence needed to sell on ebay thanks

Message 52 of 58
latest reply

Unfortunately, this Ebay forum rarely has answers from Seasoned Sellers. You will see a few questions, but no one seems willing to help others out. And you are right, the competition is fun and stimulating, pushing Sellers to be better, and forcing Sellers that are not so good to step up to the mark or else sales will go to the Seller who deserves it! Thank you for posting this information! Awesome!!
Message 53 of 58
latest reply

I FOUND ANSWER TO THIS QUESTIONS !!!

i was contacted to ebay and CA regarding this,

For new sellers no need to apply for vat tax.

If your total sales exceeds more than 5laks in 12 months means you need contact CA for help to make it legal,otherwise no need to worry about anything.

You can send products in bluedart with help of powership program and no need to invoice for shipping,you can use shipping declaration as invoice and order statement document in paisapay tab in ebay

Lets see it clearly !!!

5,00,000RS divide by 12 months = 41,666RS

So per months you can sale up to 41,666RS

Now you can easily calculate your sales.

most of seller sales wont cross more 30,000Rs per month,so need to worry about it,

If you sales exceeds more 40,000Rs per montha then you may contact CA for make it legal, Registration fee and CA fees may difer place to place,So i cant comment on that....

Hope i clealry answered to your questions !!!

HAVE A NICE DAY !!! 

Message 54 of 58
latest reply

CST apply only when buyer purchase goods for resale if he buy for consume there is vat applicable as per state rule.
Message 55 of 58
latest reply

sir this is vikram from hyderabad can u pls give me the propor guidence to start as a seller in ebay pls help me .my mail id is ***

Message 56 of 58
latest reply

CST for purchase from out side state.. 

Message 57 of 58
latest reply

hello sir this is vikram frm hyderabad .sir i dont have any company in snapdeal they are asking for vat and tin number .pls provide the information how can i get that .

Message 58 of 58
latest reply