Powership Charges - Possible Scandal

Hello Friends,

We accepted Powership with great thanks and good feeling and of the opinion that One of the best step Ebay has taken is introduction of Powership.

We have never checked Account Balance and charges under Powerwhip. To my great surprise, since few days, I am watching charges applied in items are very very arbitrary, unrealistic and Ebay is misusing the system in a very big way silently.

For 100 grams-200 grams packets of a value of 500-800 are charged between Rs 80-100-120 whimsically.

When I wrote to them, they promised to see to it in 10-12 days. After few days, they credited a meagre amount to our account. I again wrote to them my dissatisfaction of charges but they did not replied.

What we feel, Ebay has found this Powership to earn big money.

Ebay will go on charging hefty amounts regularly, we will go on writing, they will reverse a tiny amount after 10-12 days.

I understand, most of Ebay Sellers do not know this and if seller writes, Ebay will only see to it, rest are charged exorbitantly.

Ebay Must find out a honest, judicious mentality for a long lasting relation otherwise good sellers will not remain.

May God give enough strength and good sense to Ebay.

Navin

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Powership Charges - Possible Scandal

The transaction charges on most other sites are almost the same, but they don't charge anything for creating a shop and listing fees. Also, their in-house shipping fees are lower compared to Powership.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

On all other websites, I get the option of entering weights in the Manifest but no such option is available on eBay. As a result, Bluedart has the luxury of charging anything as per their convenience. I received 3 orders of the same product and all of them were shipped on the same day. All 3 packages weighed 300g...however Bluedart charged 1 kg for 2 of them and 500g for one. This clearly proves they don't bother to weigh and simply enter anything they want.

eBay team doesn't care because they can pass on the charges to the sellers. From what I can see in the topics of this forum, these things have been happening for more than a year now and still no resolution. I don't know what the Powership team has been doing. Bluedart should've been ditched a long time ago.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

We're sorry, but you have been banned from using this site.
  • You have been banned for the following reason:

Unfortunately you were banned for violating the rules and policies of the community, with advertising other commercial services (flipkart). Guidelines state: "Advertising items, listing, services, or commercial websites, including offers to trade, "wanted" posts, or charitable solicitations is not and never has been permitted on the eBay.in boards." More details about that issue can be found here. Your ban is for 24 hours, effective 17th of March 2014. Please refer to the Discussion board usage policy here to review the rules and policies of the community. Additionally, please adhere to these rules and policies in the future. If you feel your ban was in error, contact moderation@ebay.com.

DANGEROUS----A BAN CUZ A MEMBER IS ASKING WHY OTHER SITES ARE EATING UP EBAY'S BUSINESS?

I THOUGHT INDIA IS A DEMOCRACY? AND ALL ENTITIES IN INDIA MUST RESPECT THAT? EBAY INDIA, YOU

ARE CROSSING YOUR LIMITS. BE CAREFUL.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

lol

eBay team...if you're active on this forum why not reply to the concerns we've raised...instead you're banning users.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

LOL...i guess ebay gets scared when members discuss. if people discuss, they learn----and sure thats bad for ebay.:)

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

and celebrations, you can start celebrating...you're gonna be banned for 24 hours, LOL. you wrote 'on other websites', means

you're advertising other sites, hahahaha. i won't take my kid(if i have any in future) to circus spending bucks, instead, i'll let him

watch team ebay india's actions----he'd get much better entertainment.

ebay india, just to prove that i love you sooo much-----i'm willing to work for you 3 days a month. no salary needed, but you must

put me in the recruiment dept---i'll help you get the best ones, so that ebay and ebayers both are happy. i'm sure ebayers would

like the idea, they know me or not. LOL.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Hello!

This is really ridiculous that on the one hand Ebay is telling that Powership will reduce our work so that we can concentrate on sale. But with the passes of time, we have found that Ebay has cretaed one more trap by way of Powership. Though I admit that it has ease our delivery process but Ebay is charging very arbitrary amounts which are not justifiable on any ground. By selling an item of Rs 500, aaprt from other Ebay expenses, if we had to pay Rs 110 as powership for 200 grams, how much we will earn in that amount. This has a regular feature, we will go on writing for credit, they will review in 10-12 days and give a reversal of a meagre amount of Rs 10-20. Thereafter, no hearing even if we go on writing.  Customer care is really pathetic, even for sellers. May be this is Ebay's policy.

Thank You.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Same here. I thought that this is happening only to me. Ive subscribed to powership most of my items are below 100grams sometimes 180grams but below 250grams surely because i have a digital weigh scale to measure. I have mailed to ebay powership team with the paisapay id and courier thru which the wrong weight has been charged  i also included the photos of the item with ebay packing material order statement bill plus the item. I have sent this mail on 13-3-14 today is 28-3-14 but still no reply or any kind of revert from the powership dept. Please help what to do now. And yes Many times im short of packing materials they(powership dept.) says we will look at your demands and ship apprpriate no of materials. mostly the materials they send just finishes within a week. Fedup of the poorship dept.

Iliyas
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Don't worry, you'll never receive anything. I've been charged Rs. 310 when I should've been charged Rs. 110. When I raised this with the Powership team, they have credited Rs. 10 to my account. I don't know what to say. The delivery address is just 10-15 km away from my house and yet I had to shell out Rs. 310. For that much money, some poor guy would've happily made two rounds to deliver the parcel.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply