Note on Valentine Promotion

sandyk@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Sellers,
Valentine is here and is now one of the biggest gifting seasons. We are already promoting gift items this Valentine’s.
Request you all to take advantage of this promotion by listing in the Lifestyle and Technology Categories. We also plan to promote products that offer Express Delivery.

What is Express Delivery?

Express Delivery helps our customers with the opportunity to send their loved ones gifts at short notice.

Exactly how fast do sellers need to deliver “Express Delivery” products?

Sellers need to Deliver the product within 2 working business days after when the order is placed.

Example 1:- An order is placed at 10AM of a Wednesday, with Express Delivery, the product is guaranteed to be delivered to the buyer by the end of Friday.

Example 2:- Say an order is placed on Saturday 10AM. The next working day is Monday. Thus the product is delivered by end of Tuesday.

As you can see, you must be ready to pack and courier any Express Delivery products very soon after an order is received.

How can you participate in Express Delivery promotion?
Sellers will have to enter the keyword “ed2006” in the description of the items.
You are free to write any more explanation / terms and conditions in the description

Which are the categories that will be promoted?

Lifestyle Products

• Jewellery and Watches

Heart shaped pendants
Red Color jewellery
Diamonds
Gold jewellery
High priced Junk Jewellery
Branded Watches / Twin watch Sets
• Apparel

Branded Shirts - Arrow, Excalibur, Flying Machine etc.
Party wear
Red color Women's Apparel
Indian Wear / Western Wear

• Beauty & Health Products

Make up / Perfumes

• Home Tools and Appliances

Toolkits / Small home Appliances / Curios & candles
• Hampers

• Toys & Games

Soft toys - teddies & Hearts / Radio control cars

• Personalized Gifts

Technology Products

Apple iPod /Apple iPod Mini /Apple iPod Nano /Apple iPod Shuffle
Binoculars and Telescopes
Digital Cameras
PDA
Laptops
Mobile Phones
PlayStation 2 / PSP / Xbox
USB Drives

• Other Products / Categories

Flowers
Gift hampers
Romantic Movies
Romantic Books

** FOOD PRODUCTS ARE NOT ALLOWED. PLEASE UPLOAD ONLY THOSE PRODUCTS WHICH YOU CAN DISPATCH IN THE STIPULATED TIME PERIOD

How can you avoid disputes in case of Express Delivery?

For both buyers and sellers we strongly recommend to bide by the applicable conditions. We recommend both parties to keep the “Proof of Delivery (POD)” receipts. The POD should also have the date and time of delivery clearly mentioned.
In case a seller is not able to deliver the product to the customer in the stipulated time, you should immediately get in touch with the buyer and inform him of the same and discuss the future course of action.

How will eBay promoting Express Delivery Listings?

We have lined up some strong promotion for Express Delivery
1) Home page theme block
2) An exclusive Block in the Valentines landing page
3) Exclusive mailers
4) Promotion in other portals

Are there any Fees for Express Delivery Listings?

No! Since Express Delivery provides great buyer and seller value, we will not be charging any fees for the enhanced promotion that these items receive.

Who can participate?
This Promotions is open to all sellers

Regards,
Sandy
eBay India - Marketing

Regards,
Sandy
eBay India - Marketing
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

snrama
Community Member
Good Promotion!

This will certainly increase sales. But I am really unhappy as I can't use this feature. Almost all of my delivery takes minimum of 3-4 days.:-(

But I wish the other sellers who participates Good Luck.;-) ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

mahendra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi snrama
Thanks for the feedback

YOu can surely take part in the Valentines promotion..

Please note there are 2 promotions which we would be running simultaneously.
1) VAlentines
2) Express Delivery

The valentine promotion is already Live on site and the Express delivery promotion will be launching on soon.

Thanks
Mahen
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

dollarshopee
Community Member
hi all
it is a great news to hear this. once it was in baazee and now it is in ebay
the express delivery!!!

out of the 100% registered buyers on ebay 60% dont turn up with the payment

the remaining 40% out of that 20% pay thru paisapay

and the buyers 20% of them who pay thru paisapay 10% of them do understand the procedure of paisapay delay in accessing the payments

buyers who dont understand say my card is been debited and is been confirmed by the bank (value below 7000.00)
then why am i not receiving the consignment as per the terms of express delivery

now my questions what kind of explaination will you provide to buyers who's payment are under processing for express delivery products

buyers then in frastration land up in rating nuetral or negative for untimely delivery

i am in no way abuseing ebay
it is a consern that came in to my mind sinse we sell high value products and and payments most of them come thru paisapay for cameras and ipods
and many of this payment are delayed while in processing at the paisapay end

i hope you do understand my consern
and will be able to provide a solution to the paisapay transections

some transections below 2000.00 are also awaiting paisapay clearance things do become complicated

i hope you understand

once more i am not abuseing ebay or its staff
it is a general consern may be in the mind of many sellers!

regards

dollarshopee
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

occasionzgifts
Community Member
Hello,

For such a promo - the BIN - IPR PP format (buy it now - immediate payment required through PaisaPay) is requried.

What about those buyer who choose to pay by offline modes? Noone can prove when those payment are received, and buyer will expect delivery within 2 days of sending the payment. He will not count the time taken by courier / post to deliver the payment, time taken to for the payment (dd/cheque) to clear.

Unless the IPR - PP format of sale is introduced, Express Delivery is bound to fail.

Point No.2, Express delivery should be 3 days and not 2/3 days. As most couriers take 2 days to deliver to non metro locations. Otherwise there should be an option for the seller to list location where he can deliver expressly. Buyer from other locations should not be allowed to place order. Say if a buyer places an order for delivery to Naharlagun (it somewhere in Aruchachal Pradesh - where incedentally has a lot of eBayers) or Port Blair, how can any seller deliver possibly within 2 days????

Devesh
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

hi2k_soho
Community Member
hi ... do the words ED2006 have to be written on te main title ? or can be included anywhere in the description ? thanks in advance http://stores.ebay.in/1hi2k
http://search.ebay.in/_W0QQsassZhi2kQ5fsoho
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

smartguy_94
Community Member
EXPRESS DELIVERY CAN BE SUCCSESFUL CONCEPT. WE, THE SEELERS NEED TO BE PROTECTED FROM UNREGISTERED AND NOT-RESPONDING BUYERS. SO THE DATE OF DISPATCH SHOULD BE CALCULATED FROM THE DATE OF PAYMENT RECEIVED AND NOT THE DATE OF ORDER RECEIVED.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

mahendra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi All
Thanks for the Feedback on Express Delivery.

This Promotion is a Pilot which we are currently running with the valentine promotion and would like to gauge the success of this promotion.

At this time we request all the sellers to communicate with the buyers that only once the payment is recieved the orders will be processed.

I also suggest please keep a seperate check on the items you have chosen for Express Delivery by item label or the item title.

Do keep the feedback coming as we assure you to make best use of it in any later / similar promotion we intend to do.

Regards
Mahen
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

mahendra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi hi2k_soho

You can mention the keyword in the title or the item description.
I suggest use the title as it might be easier for you to track the orders you receive for express delivery.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Mahen
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

mvlnarayanan
Community Member
D/s My Product Coloured Candles comes under the heading "Home Appliances". I would like to participate in the ED2006 with the hope I will get large volume of orders through this scheme. My product code #4435797122. Thanks.
MVLNarayanan
Message 10 of 11
latest reply