Amitava
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

New FB: Ebay has become playing field of criminal buyers

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Amitavaji (amitava123gems),

Nice to hear from you after a long time! As always its really good to know that members like you are so passionate about eBay and voice your concerns and issues freely on the community boards and strive to make a difference withyour inputs and suggestions to the entire community.

We understand the concerns you have put across on this and various other threads and we assure you that the necessary issues and concerns being highlighted by you and other community members are being looked into from the 'India' perspective and soon we would enable our sellers with better access and redressal to address such malicious buyers who buy and seek extra benefits and still dont leave proper feedback.

Needless to say that you keep using this forum to stay connected to the eBay.in community and keep flowing your valuable inputs and suggestions.

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

indiashine
Community Member
Dear Indraneel
I am sorry to say but I don't believe you now.
eBay has made life miserable for their sellers in last 6 months.
Regards
Satyam Jain
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello indiashine,

would like to know the reason for you not believing us. While I understand that previous 6 months have been alot of changes for our sellers I'd also reiterate the fact that we have been continuously working towards improving the buyer experience on the site and thereby bring more business to our sellers. This has created an edge for our sellers and we would continue to strive towards doing the best for our community.

Feedback changes that have been announced have a common objective of ensuring buyers feel protected when they express themselves. For buyers who misuse the power given to them which we understand that will happen in a few cases will be addressed by us separately. In regards to such an initiative we have created the Seller reporting Hub through which sellers can appeal against the unjust feedback. We are looking towards setting up processes which have IN perspective while evaluating such reports.

If the buyer is suspended the negatives & neutrals left by him are removed completely.

We hope that this justifies the changes and would seek your co-operation.

Keep Posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel

P.S. I see that you have mastered outstandingly the act of selling with such a great feedback and that too a 100% positive percentage. You surely are going great guns!! Rock on :-).
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Dear Indraneel,
You probably will not understand what a seller has to pass through to keep up the community values as set by ebay.
Nevertheless, thanks for your appreciation.
The loss of money we dont mind.
But who pays for our mental torture?
We perfectly understand the motives of a blackmailer because we dont eat grass. But cant help for the sake of the community.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Dear Amitava ji,
How are you? Hope you are doing good:)

Try to spend your time in other things as no body here in eBay cares about seller(s) and now I am feeling that many genuine sellers are just about to leave eBay as no one will tolerate such stupid policy which is completely unfair to sellers and indirectly will harm buyers also.

I am completely agree with you.We sellers are not fool,We know the intentions of fraud buyers.

But now we cant leave neutral or negative feedback to buyers but buyers can leave Negative and Neutral too.

What is more funny( or should say irritating) is that eBay count Neutral feedback=Negative Feedback.(both are same)

WOW....its a excellent maths by eBay the Great brain.

Well less said the better!!!

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Amitava,

Its nice to see you on boards after a long time. Most of the sellers are unhappy with this feedback changes.

My 100% came down to 99.2%, The good work done all the way from 4 years went unnoticed all of a sudden. X-(

The worst part of the feedback system is eBay is considering Neutral FB as Negative. I want to know who the person gave this idea. As per my knowledge and English adjective, Neutral means "Neither Good nor Bad".

Indraneel, you are a nice guy and very friendly. You are really working hard to answer our questions. But I know that it's out of your hands as these changes are done from eBay US. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

goadigital
Community Member
Dear Indraneel,

This new feedback policy of eBay is most unfair to sellers. There are several criminal buyers on eBay. many bid just for the heck of it. At least before we could give negative to such fraud buyers to save other sellers. Sure the buyers could appeal, but the frauds would never do so. In what way does the new system protect reliable seller with good reputation from fraud buyers?

Also how idiotic is it to consider neutral feedback as negative? What is the definition of neutral? It means neither positive or negative. If you had to consider it, why not consider it as positive? Even one buyer giving an unjust negative feedback can damage a sellers score as has happened in my case with a buyer who gave me a negative just for a courier delay and left feedback saying item was not received. I was foolish back then not to have responded to that feedback then. I was new to eBay. Recently i was shocked to see my feedback percentage reduced. It took me a while to understand what happened.
Till now every item i have sold has been received by buyers. Still because of one negative feedback my percentage has dropped by a lot.

Please do something about this if you say eBay genuinely cares about sellers. So many good genuine old time sellers on eBay have left and more shall leave if they are continuously treated unjustly. Make eBay a safe place for sellers too and not just for buyers. Treat sellers well too as they're one of the foundations of eBay. If there are no good sellers, eBay shall collapse in no time.

Best regards,

Ricardo Ribeiro (goadigital)
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

authenticaworld
Community Member
I AM A NEW user on ebay, I HEARD FROM FEW PEOPLE THAT EBAY IS NEVER PROTECTS SELLERS & I CAME TO KNOW FEW GOOD SELLERS ALSO STOPPED THIER EBAY ACTIVITY ON RECENT DAYS, IS IT TRUE OR EBAY JUST MAKING MONEY FROM SELLERS BY HIGH SELLER FEES & LISTING FEES,

PLEASE PROVIDE ANY DETAILS,

THANKS
UNNI
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
I wonder why the HELL ebay doesn't change its FB system!
What's benfits are they thinking?
We are getting regular nuetral/negative feedback for no reason then

Feedback % goes down
Loss of powerseller soon!
Loss of business due to bad FB

recently if you see ...and 16 year kid gave me a nuetral FB,I dont know why ! he said I didn't have psp in stock ! damm I have 15 Psp ! buy as much you want !

I am tried and sick of this new FB system

Indraneel ..if each and every seller is disagree with system then why ?
Message 10 of 11
latest reply