MY APPEAL TO "EBAY INDIA" AND ALL THE SELLERS

I am really thankful to eBay for the opportunity they have given us by selling online, but for the 1st time in 2 years I am really felling insecure trading on eBay, the main reasons being drastic changes in feedback policy’s, I have been receiving more problem in last 2 weeks than compared to last 2 years with my buyers.
The real concern are that we cannot leave a negative feedback to the trouble making buyers, And is there any difference between neutral and negative feedback,they have made neutral feedback on par with negative feedback on calculation, so why you have the neutral feedback option in first place? and the uglier part is that they have also removed the “mutual feedback withdrawal policy”

Come-on, we all are humans and we can unknowingly, unintentionally make mistakes and its not necessary that every time buyer has to be satisfied 100% with our item, the seller must be given a chance to mutually resolve any problems with the buyer, what happens if the buyer leaves a negative feedback even without contacting a buyer, and we are also seeing buyers leaving us negative feedback for giving them unpaid item strikes, we all are going to witness more of these in the days to come.

I do not know whose great brains of eBay India implemented this policy but I am sure lots of brains in eBay itself could have been against this policy because if they are going to continue with this surely its going to cost them dearly, believe me it s matter of time before sellers are seriously going to look for some other alternative, we are really sorry eBay India, we are no longer felling secured of our future with you if you are going to treat us this way.
I do understand eBay concern of gaining trust and faith of Indian buyers by implementing these policies, but not at the cost of destroying the confidence off all the sellers.
My appeal to all eBay sellers------ we all know how serious is this issue in the long run, we all my not be together as a team or association, but we all must fight for our cause in our individual capacity, because we all love eBay for the opportunity they have given us, lets persuade them to address our growing concern and I am sure the more voices raised, more chances of this issue being resolved at earliest.
My appeal to eBay India------ please try to win the trust and faith of your loyal sellers and think of us like a family who like to grow together and make eBay India to its ultimate goal in the coming years, please think of this issue seriously, if you take a survey of all the sellers on eBay India you yourself will be surprised the with the extreme step you have taken against us.

I just want to ask eBay India a simple last Question?

We sellers who have been loyal to your company, does not our concern matter to you? Will our voice be ever heard?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Very True - my feedback calculation fall from 99 % to 94 % - Also I got - ve rating from Buyer for no reason , Item got out of stock and was to be ready on 6th day confirmed status with buyer did not shipped prodcuts and full refund was inititated I was in constant touch with buyer then also recd -ve rating for not supplying goods . Now I am helpless nor EBay is ready to listen and the buyer already done a smart act and misused his powers . Tarun Baweja ( 09811276608 )
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes you are correct Ebay.in has always helped us in the past, and even today there is no defect in service provided by the staff it is very cooperative and ready to help 24 x 7, there is no complaint for the same.

Till last month everything was going on perfect. we never complained for any small issues, for e.g. paise pay changes, increase in fees, listing charges, increase in sales amount for power sellers, even we never said anything for the chargeback issues after 2 months of receipt.

We understand that this feedback policy is introduced by ebay.com and ebay.in staff has no role to play they are not to be blame.

We only request all the persons who are incharge of this policy changes is that please if you can try to resolve the feedback issue with the ebay.com. The policy in USA cant work in India due to the level of understandings differs in buyers in USA and India.

We love ebay and want to sell in ebay only but we need basic protections as no seller will accept this kind of treatment after providing best products,services for the last six years.

Please if possible make eBay as it was in the past where all sellers and buyers and eBay was happy. Let us all understand each others problems and difficulties from other persons side and resolve the issue.

Ebay All Genuine sellers are dying please save if you can!!!!! we can only request rest is in your hand.

Thanks a lot, eBay.in staff for your cooperation even in this difficult situation keep it up !!!!
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

nilezone
Community Member
Hey Thanks for this post! I am seriously against this policy of ebay. I have faced a few problems in last 2 weeks. I sold item and 2 of my buyer said they received empty package and i had to give them new phones without any delay and lost big money because they said they wil leave negative feedback. Another buyer dropped phone in water and as a genuine seller i told him to send me back n i will repair and give him back and now he says if i dont replace the phone he will leave negative feedback. Another buyer left negative feedback because i opened unpaid item for him because he bid on 3 items and paid for only 1 and ebay without looking into which item he paid for they close my final value appeal and also he could leave negative feedback. Another buyer left without communication or email just he said he did not feel feebback is very important on ebay because he do not know anything about ebay. Many buyers leave neutral for no reason like Item is really good and good seller. I like this seller. Some buyer leave like nice to deal with u but neutral. WOW ebay does not even have sense for such policies. Really fed up of ebay. Buyer has all rights and powersellers are not protected. Infact they should have some tool where all memebers can solve any dispute they have with seller and if they are not able to solve dispute within time period of 30 days then they should allow to leave negative feedback. Because we are humans and we sell in india. The post and courier and buyers and suppliers are not as UK N EU N US but they have some diffrences. We are currently learning to understand systems so ebay should have diffrent rules for ebay india not as ebay uk n us. Here people are still learning to buy on ebay and learning to use website. Still people are earning less n most of our people value for even 10 rs and thats the reason they are cunning.

I hope ebay staff will ever consider this. But they will not because they are also helpless 🙂

anyways thanks for ur post
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

u are 100% correct.

let us all of us unite and tell ebay that we cant work like this.

lets do something to stop this injustice
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

indiashine
Community Member
I AM WITH ALL OUR SELLERS. LET'S UNITE AND TAKE SOME SERIOUS THOUGHT ABOUT THIS. MY CONTACT NO IS 09896432444
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

let us do something as soon as possible.

anyone has any idea what to do to stop this injustice?
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

goadigital
Community Member
Dear sellers,

I too have suffered due to this feedback policy due to a buyer's leaving me a negative just because of a courier delay and he said item wasn't received. All other buyers speak very positively about me. Am sad that many other satisfied buyers who confirmed they were happy with their products never left any feedback. I noticed over the last year that around 40% of buyer leave no feedback whatsoever. And among the few who do there are some few black sheep who just want to make the seller suffer.

I suggest that if eBay doesn't listen to us, we all decide to shut our shops on eBay indefinitely till eBay listens to us. The only way to make large corporations listen to small sellers like us is by stopping the flow of money to them. We should communicate to eBay before this drastic step, but in case they don't listen within a month we should start this strike. Kindly pass on this info to all sellers you know on eBay.

Best regards,

Ricardo Ribeiro (goadigital)
Message 8 of 8
latest reply