cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Buyer! Non Paying Buyers! Fraud Buyers! SOLUTION......

ratnachhaya
Community Member
We all sellers are suffering now and then with a religion of Buyers who either
1) Bid and forget
2) Never Pay
3) Pay and claim "item not received"
4) Leave negative feedback
5) Just reply that they are financially tight
6) Sorry I don't want it
more-----

We face lot of trouble as
1)we can not relist item hoping buyer may pay
2) Two weeks run and run for getting Final value credit
3) List and relist

If one see a trend, it is consistent with low feedback or new members and it seems they are mostly cheat types.

Solution:

eBay should collect 1) Complete name and address/Tel number
2) Bank Details/CC details

Before allowing them to bid eBay should ask them to deposit some fix amount say 1000.00 in their paisapay account as security deposit. This will be instantly refundable to them after they complete transaction with seller or in case they do not wish to bid on anything.

This way eBay can use interest free money (which I think eBay enjoy from Sellers) and Buyers will be at deck knowing that their money is at stake.

This will serve as dual responsible method where seller take risk of his money/item and buyer will reciprocate it with his money.

I am sure this can be worked out easily. Also to buy items under 1K deposit should be 1K and so on.

Once a certain level of feedback is achived by buyer, he may be waived by deposit condition just as the power sellers get Express Remittance.

Express Guys....what you think.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

harp_31
Community Member
I could not agree more to this. it is really frustating to list and relist item because of these non payers. despite of clearly mentioning about timepass bidders to stay away they'll still bid and will not pay.i had to relist 4 of my sold phones because of them.
they are so shameless that a bidder against whom i got a unpaid item strike since he never paid again bidded on the same item when i relisted it. I have now told him to not pay since i'll not sell my item to him.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

ratnachhaya
Community Member
Friends,

Could you list possible options to eBay. I think, it is time we divert our some listings and show the strength.

If you decide as a group, we may get bargain from some company.

Thanks
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If someone doesn't pay, add the person to your blocked bidders list then file an unpaid item dispute against the 4 days after end of the auction. Four days after that, close the dispute. The non payer gets an unpaid item strike and you get your final value fee credit. Additionally, non payers cannot leave feedback.

I do not know if it available in India but if you can, send items using some sort of recordable delivery method. Something that shows up online as being delivered to the recipient. This will help you win item not received disputes.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

ratnachhaya
Community Member
Thanks Nubian for help.

This is the procedure we follow today. It is perfect one given it happens once in a while. In eBay.in what we face today is almost 25% buyers are ones who either buy and forget to pay or those are bidding just to take advantage of system. Those who begin with intention to cheat are sophosticated ones; they pay, communicate and later claim as wrong item or non delivered.

Tracking is fine but a loophole ebay created is "not as described". How can we sitting on two distant places judge how buyer is saying truth or not.

One more dimension is also there where sellers are not upto word. But if you look at statistics, sellers are far better than buyer in observing good practices and ethics.

Also, customer service is somewhat trained in environment of Democratic Goverment way. They trust blindly just based on who claimed dispute "first". It is natural that buyer do that.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

tellmerockky
Community Member
i have shipped a memory card with a case to a new buyer....he called me saying that he received only empty case.. From this incident i stopped selling product in e-bay.. the worst thing is that he will be refunded by e-bay buyer protection and he will also enjoy the product for free of cost...
Message 6 of 6
latest reply