cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most reliable and cheapest way to ship paintings from india to USA

goel_anirudh2002
Community Member
Hi Folks,
I have to ship some paintings to USA. They don't have any glass top. I am planning to use SpeedPost/DHL/FedEx. Speed Post seems the cheapest to me, but how reliable are they? DHL and FedEx are charging a little more than 2k for the 2KG package. Can i go with Speed Post? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Anirudh
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

rkg_sbe
Community Member
Speed post are great for shipping for items that do not have any commercial value also speed post takes about 7-10 working days for delivery to USA but if you choose to go with DHL or fedex they can deliver in 3-5 working days.
Also there is no insurance liability with speed post but DHL takes a flat $100 liability and you can insure above that for just paying 1% of the commercial value of the product.
So my point is if you want a cost effective shipment for shipping something that is not very expensive speed post is the way to go but if you want to ship something that is fast reliable and safe i would recommend fedex.
Rishabh
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

goel_anirudh2002
Community Member
Rishabh: Does it mean Speed Post is not reliable and safe? Do they have a history of losing the goods? Any idea for a 2kg shipment, how much total will it cost me with DHL?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Why don't you contact DHL? They will promptly answer your question with a 100% correct info.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply