cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYER BLACKMAILS POWERSELLERS USING EBAY POLICY ...WHAT TO DO?????

ALL ARE INVITED TO SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCE & THOUGHTS .......NAUGHTY BUYERS WANTS FULL REFUND AFTER USING PRODUCT & SOME TIMES MAKING DEFECTIVE DUE TO MISOPERATION ETC.....THEY BLACKMAILS / THREATS POWERSELLERS EITHER TO FULL REFUND OR BE READY TO GET NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WHICH MAY LEAD TO ID SUSPENSION OF SELLER !!!!

EBAY ALSO SUGGEST ALWAYS TO REFUND THE BUYER & DOES NOT LISTEN WHAT TO DO??????????
😞
THANKS!!!!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I fully disagree with present ebay feedback policy. Now it is very easy to blackmail a seller without any fault of him. I suggest the following :

1. Ebay should not allow the buyer to left the feedback if he has not paid for the item.
2. A seller should be allowed to leave negative feedback to the faulty buyer.
3. As ebay has given the reason to withdraw this right from sellers that the new buyer fears from negative feedback and will not return to ebay to buy again. But what about the non genuine, fraud buyers? How the sellers will identify any new buyer is just a fraud buyer? And why the ebay has given the right to a non paying buyer to rate a seller? See, some buyers say me to reduce the price of a item, after buying from the ebay listing. Since this is not possible so they may reply same as in your case- negative feedback in reply to an unpaid item strike.
4. A seller should have right to rate a buyer negative.
5. Incase any feedback misuse, ebay should mediate and should take moral responsibility to protect the reputation of a person- buyer or seller, who has been wrongly rated either by mistake or anyway.
This is the best way to satisfy both- buyer and seller.

You know sometimes, even the buyer rates a seller negative by the comments like, delayed by courier, bill not provided, had to pick up the item from the courier office, warranty card not provided ( while bill mentions the warranty and most of the computer items comes wothout warranty card )
In all above cases, the seller is not at fault at all but his feedback is reduced to which clearly he does not deserve.

It is moral responsibility of ebay to protect such innocent members but I am unable to understand why ebay is running away from it moral responsibility?

Every time ebay changes the policy that is generally against sellers in the name to protect the buyers. But the result everytime is reduced sale but increased ebay profit.

I do not know how long it will take to place a policy that is fair for all !
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

creative_pursuits
Community Member
I think with the new feedback system Sellers are at the mercy of Buyers literally!!!!

I have also experienced such rude threats and also ultimatum that if the product doesnt reach on the date the buyer wants then he will opt for full refund and leave negative feedback if amount is not refunded.

My Paypal funds are on hold because an international buyer raised item not received and the item was delivered next day itself (on the 11th day of his making the payment which is reasonable enoff for an international shipment)but he is not willing to accept.He says it was received late and hence wants refund and also that he is not going to send the item back too and that if i want the item back i shud bear the shipping and what not!!!!!Also if at all there was any specific ocassion for which the buyer wanted the saree at a specific date,he shud have confirmed it before buying whether it is possible for the seller to ship it before that date...neways, I have mailed the details to the paypal customercare and they are taking their time to scrutinise things.The only relief till now is the buyer has not left a negative feedback.But then the fear prevails!!!!

To Mess it all..the last paisapay cycle amount also has not been credited due to sum RBI technical issues and that has added to the agony...Its really difficult even for sincere and genuine sellers to retain their powerseller status or 100% positive status now.

Its a difficult phase...Hope ebay does sumthing about the misuse of the feedback policy so that sellers are not traumatised like this for no fault at all!!!!!!

Regards
Mala
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
I just want a reasonable reason behind this Feedback policy! anyone can answer?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

deepachikan
Community Member
This is a genuine problem more so, I am sorry to say that, with Indian buyers. They are in general impatient and even after getting an item for peanuts they pester with useless questions and do not hesitate even a second to give negative feedback. We have to request them all the time and keep them in good humous just like a waiter in a five star hotel. On the other hand this paisapay thing is getting worse than ever before. Now they should just do away with paisapay altogether and integrate ebay india with paypal. I am seriously thinking of migrating to ebay USA. Lately they have failed to credit 2nd June remittance to our bank. I had already issued checques trusting a substantial amount to be credited to my account but I was aghast when I checked the balance. It had gone way below the required limit due to encashing of cheques and non credit of paisapay remittance. This is serious. When paisapay is so strict with sellers asking for address proof this and that why is it so lax in sending remittance. Thankfully this does not happen often. I guess the checque issuing procedure used before was better . At least one had something in hand.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

indiashine
Community Member
I WANT TO ASK A SIMPLE QUESTION TO EBAY:
IF A SELLER WANTS TO SORT OUT THE ISSUE WITH BUYER SO THAT A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK CAN BE REMOVED, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM TO EBAY THEN??
THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING ONE VERY SIMPLE THING,
"REPUTATION OF EBAY AMONG BUYERS IS NOT ONLY BECAUSE OF ADVERTISEMENTS OR MARKETING OR SELLING OR FEEDBACK POLICIES. 75% CONTRIBUTION TO THIS IS REPUTATION OF THEIR SELLERS. IF EBAY WILL NOT PROTECT REPUTATION OF THEIR SELLERS, THEY WILL ALSO LOOSE THEIR BASE DEFINATELY."
REGARDS
SATYAM JAIN
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

goadigital
Community Member
Dear sellers,

Wake up to the fact that eBay thinks that only one side of the equation (i.e buyers) is important. It thinks sellers are trash that have no values and that eBay and buyers are doing us a great favour. If eBay ever really cared for sellers it would have listend to us. Be prepared for buyers to blackmail us and for our feedback to crash due to few buyers who really want to play mischief.

If eBAy is really fair it should listen to so many sellers who are protesting its new feedback policy. I was one of those shocked to see my own feedback plummet. Lets see what happens. I, like quite a few others, have a profitable offline business and am not dependent on eBay for my bread and butter. I felt eBay was a nice way to expand my business and get a wider reach. Unfortunately this one policy can screw any seller's happiness. If this continues, i like others shall just shut my shop on eBay. Why waste money if people are going to just blackmail you? Some big sellers have already shut shop and others are considering doing so shortly. Perhaps this will eBay think.

BEst regards,

Ricardo Ribeiro(goadigital)
Message 7 of 7
latest reply